News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

are child topics possible? change post order?

Started by nomorepolitics, May 15, 2015, 11:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nomorepolitics

Greetings - hope this question comes out correctly. 

I am starting a topic which has a ton of content and I want to break it down into 3 or 4 parts.  But, instead of breaking it up into 3 or 4 separate topics I was wondering if there was a way to make child topic under a main topic.  Not referring to child board, but a topic itself.  Did some searching but didn't find the info I need. 

Second part is changing the order that topics appear - example is I have a topic in a board that needs to be moved to a different board.  Moves fine but I want it in a different order, to make it 3rd of 3 topics instead of its current position of 2nd of 3 topics in this board - checked mods and searched but didn't find this solution either. 

I hope these two questions are presented clearly. 

Appreciate the help,
Ron
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." - Buddha

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nomorepolitics

Thank you once again Kindred.  Figured that child topics wouldn't fly, but it sure could be good when posting a large amount of content - I'll just use multiple topics. 

All the best
Ron
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." - Buddha

Kindred

or you could user one of the articles systems -- or knowledgebase or FAQ...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nomorepolitics

I do have the articles mod enabled but this particular one is part of a board dealing with the same subject matter so wanted it together. 

I might play around with this mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1691  might be a little easier on the eyes than having them listed below individually - - I'll give it a go. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Advertisement: