Membergroup Badges

Started by Senkusha, December 07, 2023, 04:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

I can't seem to locate anything other than a couple of MODs for this.  I would like to replace my member group icons with something a different, but I'm not finding any specific place where there are any other options.  Has only a few people made these icon packs?
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Gary

There's no need for a mod.

You can set badges in place of stars.

Admin > Membergroups > [Membergroup in question] > Modify > Star image filename

Just be sure to set the number of star images to 1.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Sir Osis of Liver

Membergroup icons are not the same as badges.  If you want to replace the icons, look in Admin > Members > Membergroups > Modify, you'll see this -

Icon image filename:
You can upload custom images to the forum's default theme directory to be able to select them here. Different images can be used in different themes, just give them the same name. Max size allowed 128x32px
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Senkusha

Right.  Thank you!  But I guess I'm looking to see if there's any place on here where people have made "star packs".
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Senkusha on December 07, 2023, 05:01:18 PMRight.  Thank you!  But I guess I'm looking to see if there's any place on here where people have made "star packs".
Google is your friend on that one.

Google image search for forum rank badges or forum rank stars... tons of options.

Funny enough MyBB has quite the selection - https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=browse&category=22

Edit: Thinking on this though, maybe I can come up with some badges and stars to add to the custy site.

Kindred

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on December 07, 2023, 04:57:16 PMMembergroup icons are not the same as badges. 

ummmm.... yes they are. Membergroup icons aka stars are the same thing as badges as far as SMF is concerned.
That's what we use to display the team badges here
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Senkusha

Yes.  I'm looking for something for the Post Count groups.  Like stars, but not in a straight line (as the default is).
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

Advertisement: