move from 1.1.10 to SMF 2.X

Started by Yaashaar, November 12, 2009, 04:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yaashaar

Hi I want to move to smf 2.X

and now my information are in smf 1.1.10 DB

How can i transfer to 2.X.. without loosing data

Dharshan

i wanna do the same... any one with a help idea??

i have tried replacing the mysql files of 1.1.10 with 2 but it didn't work out
R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

Nizer

I'm surprised this hasn't been answered .... I was going to ask the same question but searched and found this thread. I also have 1.1.10 and really want to upgrade my forum to 2.0 but know just enough to be dangerous 8)

Might a mod here point us to the best thread or page to read up on how to do this. I have many mods and do understand they will be gone but I don't want to lose members, pictures and threads. It's a big deal to those of us who don't do this full time.

Thank you in advance for the reply, I know all of you are very busy.

C

Mr. Doug

The upgrade procedure is pretty simple...I did it yesterday on a board that has 6,000 members, and over 1,000,000 posts.

The instructions are the same as updating any other version via FTP...download the upgrade package, upload the files, find the repair_settings.php and use it, then run upgrade.php.
--
Doug Hardman
doug (at) puttertalk (dot) com

Norv

Please check out:
Upgrading SMF

The most important way to protect your data is to back it up properly. Please check out:
How do I backup my SMF forum?
How do I backup my database?

Indeed, 1.1.x mods do not typically work with SMF 2.0. Since to upgrade to 2.0 you need to overwrite all your files with files from the upgrade package to SMF 2.0, mods are overwritten themselves too anyway. It may be a good idea to uninstall them yourself, before starting the upload of files of the upgrade package, to avoid any minor annoyances from SMF thinking they're still installed.

ETA: there should normally be no need to run repair_settings.php.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Dharshan

thanks a lot, cecked it on my local host, works like a charm!

any idea on when the smf to will be released??

I'm wishing it should be before the 24th of this month..LOL 8)

Norv

Quote from: Dharshan on November 16, 2009, 07:17:48 AM
thanks a lot, cecked it on my local host, works like a charm!

any idea on when the smf to will be released??

I'm wishing it should be before the 24th of this month..LOL 8)

Not sure I understand the question: if you refer to SMF 2.0, the RC2 is now available to public. It's still a release candidate, but pretty good by the looks of it. If you mean SMF 2.0 final version, that is not known. There are still bugs that need to be fixed before that, though.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Dharshan

I referred to the final SMF 2 version....

I'm using SMF 2 RC2 now for my forum..

www.pcguide.exofire.net/forum

Norv

Advertisement: