News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

new image on index

Started by sattninja, August 19, 2010, 07:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sattninja

hi i guess this is normal but is there anyway to get the new image to display for the main board like it does for the child boards

if you look at the screen shot i want to display for new posts in music and off topic among others
Running Rc4

gbsothere

If you didn't want to mess with code, you could do a "duct tape" fix.  Those images (main board) are called off.png (no new messages) and on.png (new messages).  You could create your own in something like Photoshop; perhaps make them similar but larger than the ones that appear on your childboard and just upload the new images (without changing the image name) to their proper directory.

I've done this.

:)

*sitting here re-reading your post, though, and thinking this isn't quite what you had in mind*

But if you replace off.png with a transparent image "off.png" it would work, if you only want an image to be visible where there are new posts.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

sattninja

right i got that i already have custom icons that do not change that why i actually was asking i really dont know how to edit the icons to add like the word new to them so i am kinda stuck
Running Rc4

gbsothere

Quote from: sattninja on August 19, 2010, 07:44:16 PM
right i got that i already have custom icons that do not change that why i actually was asking i really dont know how to edit the icons to add like the word new to them so i am kinda stuck

The standard images don't appear to change much, but they are slightly darker for new posts and lighter for no new posts.  That's why I was thinking that creating a transparent image for no new posts (off.png) would cause an image to appear only when there are new posts and "on.png" kicks in.

You may want to wait for someone to weigh in with a coding trick, then.   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

sattninja

i got what you are saying i will play with it thanks
Running Rc4

gbsothere

Post back, sattninja, if you need more help with it.  I can help with creating the images or someone a bit smarter can help with code edits.

:)

sattninja

thanks man my main problem is i cannot find icons with either black or transparent backgrounds they are all white

sucks
Running Rc4

gbsothere

Quote from: sattninja on August 19, 2010, 07:58:45 PM
thanks man my main problem is i cannot find icons with either black or transparent backgrounds they are all white

sucks

What theme are you using?

sattninja

Running Rc4

gbsothere

sattninja

yes

i think i got it tho i am making my own icons
Running Rc4

gbsothere

Cool; that's what I do, as well.

Good luck with it, sattninja!  :)

sattninja

Running Rc4

gbsothere

Very nice!  And why search for icons when you can make your own, just the way you want them? ;)  I sense Apple somewhere in the mix.  No?

sattninja

Running Rc4

gbsothere

I thought so.   ;)   I've been a Mac user since the late 80s.
I probably have 12 of them; I can't bring myself to get rid of one.

It looks great, sattninja!  Congrats.   :)

Advertisement: