RemoveTopic.php error log

Started by tk2012, September 02, 2008, 04:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tk2012

Been getting a couple errors and have no idea how to stop them or even if they are errors...

I've included the error log along with the line of code....

using v2.0 b3.1

lordtron

VainSoftGames.com - New Design To Gaming

tk2012

I didn't realize that I double posted.  I waited 3 minutes for my post to submit and nothing happened, so I stopped the browser and tried to do it again.  It seems to do that A LOT on this site when you make a post with more than one attachment.  Don't have problems on other sites. 

Since I am trying to work out problems while in UNC hospital, I don't have the luxury of waiting forever for a page to load before I'm either tired or getting stuck with a needle I went ahead and reposted.  The page never changed from the submission screen, so I didn't think that it posted.

I'll be sure to wait ten minutes next time this happens to prevent myself from accidentally making a double post. 

BTW - Thanks for your help in solving the problem.   ;D  (That was sarcasm since there was no help other than informing me of a double post.)

tk2012

6 more of the same errors added to my log today... 

point me in the right direction?!

I'll be out of touch for at least 36 hours as I have a procedure starting on Friday at 8am, so won't able to be near internet... let alone anything else.  Any help is appreciated. 

Like I said, I'm working on my forum while being in the hospital, so I apologize ahead of time if I seem a little out of it at times.  Chances are, I'm pretty out of it or at least typing while under the influence!

tk2012

I'm now 3 pages worth of errors...

greyknight17

What changes did you make to your forum prior to getting these errors? They don't just appear out of nowhere.

Did you install a mod or change a theme? Is that theme compatible with SMF 2.0?

tk2012

Using default theme and only changed #colors to it, so the theme isn't the problem.

The only recent mods that I added don't relate to the RemoveTopic.php  (Just added forum epoch and custom copyright)

I went back and checked my packages and the only two that have anything to do with RemoveTopic.php are Bookmarks and Advanced Reputation System...

greyknight17

Go with uninstalling the Advanced Reputation System mod first to see if it resolves the issue. If so, post in that mod's support topic for more assistance as to why this is occurring.

Fustrate

or add $user_info to the globals declared on the first line of that function ;)
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

tk2012

@Yoda

Not sure if I follow you.  This is the first 50 lines of the RemoveTopic.php file and it already has globals declared on it.

<?php
/**********************************************************************************
* RemoveTopic.php                                                                 *
***********************************************************************************
* SMF: Simple Machines Forum                                                      *
* Open-Source Project Inspired by Zef Hemel ([email protected])                    *
* =============================================================================== *
* Software Version:           SMF 2.0 Beta 3 Public                               *
* Software by:                Simple Machines (http://www.simplemachines.org)     *
* Copyright 2006-2008 by:     Simple Machines LLC (http://www.simplemachines.org) *
*           2001-2006 by:     Lewis Media (http://www.lewismedia.com)             *
* Support, News, Updates at:  http://www.simplemachines.org                       *
***********************************************************************************
* This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under   *
* the terms of the provided license as published by Simple Machines LLC.          *
*                                                                                 *
* This program is distributed in the hope that it is and will be useful, but      *
* WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES; without even any implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY    *
* or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.                                            *
*                                                                                 *
* See the "license.txt" file for details of the Simple Machines license.          *
* The latest version can always be found at http://www.simplemachines.org.        *
**********************************************************************************/

if (!defined('SMF'))
die('Hacking attempt...');

/* The contents of this file handle the deletion of topics, posts, and related
paraphernalia.  It has the following functions:

void RemoveTopic2()
// !!!

void DeleteMessage()
// !!!

void RemoveOldTopics2()
// !!!

void removeTopics(array topics, bool decreasePostCount = true, bool ignoreRecycling = false)
// !!!

bool removeMessage(int id_msg, bool decreasePostCount = true)
// !!!
*/

// Completely remove an entire topic.
function RemoveTopic2()
{
global $user_info$topic$board$sourcedir$smcFunc$context$modSettings;

// Make sure they aren't being lead around by someone. (:@)
checkSession('get');

Fustrate

Actually, just remove
!$user_info['is_guest'] &&
from that line. It just won't do anything if they're a guest ;)
Steven Hoffman

tk2012

Made the change... deleted a topic... NO ERRORS! 

:D ;D 8) Looks like that did it!  Thanks again, Y.O.D.

Fustrate

No problem, thanks for finding that error ;)
Steven Hoffman

tk2012

LOL  Not a problem!  I'm good at finding errors!

Luckily my EKG just came back clean, so I may be heading out of the hospital today ans can get back on schedule of getting my forum launched.  I only have 4 more errors to fix and then I'm good to go!!

Advertisement: