News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnlineFunCorner

shoutbox is hidden,collapsed for guests, how to make it visible to guests????
it should be visible to guest just like regular members

sorelame

I've recently installed smf shoutbox and it is excellent...one thing I'm not sure of, is if I as mod can delete the entire shoutbox of all messages....In case someone gets on a rant and I want to delete it so nobody else in the shoutbox can see what was written..as it is now it seems I can only delete what's in my shoutbox...not the contents for everyone.

Thanks for any/all help !!!!

puw

Hi, got it up and running fine, thank you. However, when I check on my Android tablet, not showing. Is there a workaround for all my mobile members please? What does it use, Flash?

puw

Sorry, my fault - I hadn't gone into the std admin permissions - all works beautifully on Android, FF, Opera, Seamonkey and Chrome :) Thank you :)  :)

bugara2

OnlineFunCorner

Quote from: Dr.IT on March 07, 2013, 01:35:31 PM
shoutbox is hidden,collapsed for guests, how to make it visible to guests????
it should be visible to guest just like regular members

is anybody knows, how to solve this ultimate problem or bug?

Mai11

Wondering if there is anyway for the shoutbox to refresh the people online section? On my site, I have a lot of people online talking in the shoutbox, but if you look at who is online, it has like 1 person.

Anyway to fix this?

Johnboy1974

guys ive instaled the smf packs shoutbox on my forum. the install went ok with no issues, but theres no shoutbox on my forum. everythink looks ok in the configuration. looking at another smf forum i frequent the shoutbox appears at the top of the screen but mine is nowhere to be seen.

dmask

@Johnboy1974
when you install the mod maybe you havn't checked the option "modify my tamplate" at the end of the page, just above the "install mod" button

take a look on it

OnlineFunCorner

?????????? Anybody Know How To Uncollapse Shoutbox For Guests ....... !!!

puw

Shoutbox installed on 2.0.4 thx.

However, removing a shout, clearing all messages works through the admin popup, except returning to the original forum homepage, hitting refresh etc, the shoutbox retains all previous shouts unless I refresh the whole page???? Meaning, I can't tell if members are still seeing (as I can) all the shouts I thought I just cleaned out!

Am I doing something wrong please???

OnlineFunCorner

Quote from: OnlineFunCorner on March 20, 2013, 09:46:14 AM
?????????? Anybody Know How To Uncollapse Shoutbox For Guests ....... !!!

is anybody there to support???

puw

Hi Nibogo, appreciate from your above comment you're busy.

Would appreciate any advice on the "refresh" problem when you have time free thanks.

Just to clarify, if I hit the shoutbox update in forum mode, I see the clock appear. If I open the moderation panel, hit clear messages, popup asks if I want to clear messages, hit yes, tells me it's cleared messages, I return to shoutbox within the moderation window and no messages show so close that browser window, but back in the original forum browser, the messages are still showing. If I hit update again, the clock appears but the original message/s that I just cleaned out, have not disappeared.

R1cho

Hi, i was just wondering is there anyway i can make it so users have to make a post in the forums before being able to use the shoutbox?

Kindred

Use post count based membergroups to specify shout box permission
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

R1cho

Quote from: Kindred on March 24, 2013, 05:56:11 PM
Use post count based membergroups to specify shout box permission

I did think of that but i was thinking more of on a daily basis, so they say have to make at least 1 post a day to be able to use the shoutbox feature

Arantor

There's no way to do that without a lot of effort, which would also likely put more strain on the server.

Unidaption

Hello!

Installed this mod and works fine! However, as per the image, the box where you type your message has a half dark/half white background, which doesn't allow you to see it all. How can I make it just all dark?

Also, does the shoutbox create logs that I can review at later dates (or a way to create them? Maybe every 24 hours create a new log "page").

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement: