News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Package Manager - Help

Started by tw0sh0t, April 28, 2006, 07:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tw0sh0t

Ok, here goes...  I download packages, such as the SMF 1.0.7/1.1 RC2 Update Version 1.0 and various other packages.  They show up in the Browse packages area indicating that I've downloaded them.  I attempt to [APPLY MOD] and the progress bar in I.E. get's to about half way and it stops.  I let it sit there for a good 15 mins or so and then finally it changes to a Page Cannot Be Displayed.  No other error messages.  I tried this in Firefox and I.E.  I ran the "Permissions Tool" (fix_ownership.php) thinking that might fix it.  Didn't do anything.  Running SMF 1.1 RC2.  This is a brand new install.  strange thing is that it did the same thing on my previous install.  First I thought it might be my PC but it does the same thing on my laptop.  Then I thought it might be my connection but it does the same thing when I'm at work and a friends house.  I tried searching the forums but everyone else is at least getting an error message, I'm not getting anything.

Right now my SMF 1.1 RC1 is DEFAULT, I haven't gone switching anything on/off or customizing anything.  Just ran the install.php a while ago and logged in and tried to download/install and APPLY MOD of the update.

HELP? :)

Thanks.

JayBachatero

What package are you trying to install?
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

tw0sh0t

SMF 1.0.7/1.1 RC2 Update Version 1.0

From the PACKAGES menu:

Latest Packages
A security issue has been identified in SMF 1.1 RC2. You can install this patch (click here to install) to easily update yourself to the latest version.

If you have any problems applying it, you can use the version posted on the downloads page - although, any modifications you have installed will need to be uninstalled. Please post on the forum if you need more help.

Browse Packages
Modification Packages
Mod Name Version 
1. SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update 1.0  [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

Installed mods:  current version  older version 

JayBachatero

Umm make sure that all files are writeable.  It might be a host issue and editing files.  If you modify another file like a theme does it take long to save?
Follow me on Twitter

tw0sh0t

Everything in the Packages directory and under it are CHMOD to 777...  All main directories under public_html are /avitars, /Packages, /Smileys, /Sources, attachments and /Themes are all CHMOD to 777.

Tried installing Tinyportal and it does the same thing.

tw0sh0t

Nah I can modify a file and it uploads via my FTP client quickly with no issues.  No "Bad Descriptor" message or anything.

JayBachatero

Quote from: tw0sh0t on April 28, 2006, 08:23:02 PM
Nah I can modify a file and it uploads via my FTP client quickly with no issues.  No "Bad Descriptor" message or anything.
I mean edit the files though SMF.
   -- Admin > Current Theme > Edit the stylesheet

Quote from: tw0sh0t on April 28, 2006, 08:21:39 PM
Everything in the Packages directory and under it are CHMOD to 777...  All main directories under public_html are /avitars, /Packages, /Smileys, /Sources, attachments and /Themes are all CHMOD to 777.

Tried installing Tinyportal and it does the same thing.
Try CHMODing ALL of the files.
Follow me on Twitter

tw0sh0t

Yeah, I was able to make a small color change in the Theme stylesheet and save t with no errors or anything.

I'll look at starting to check each and every file and directory to make sure it's CHMOD'd to 777...  I guess this is gonna take me all night long.  Wish there was a script for that. :)

tw0sh0t

Here is my Hosts server info if that helps any.

Operating System    Linux
Kernel Version    2.4.29-grsec
Apache Version    1.3.34 (Unix)
Perl Version    5.8.1
PHP Version    4.4.2
MySQL Version    4.0.25-standard
Path to Perl    /usr/bin/perl
Path to sendmail    /usr/sbin/sendmail
Jaguar Panel Version    3.1
Cpanel Version    10.8.1-STABLE 114

JayBachatero

You can CHMOD them all with SMF if you are running 1.1 RC2.
Admin > Packages > Options
Follow me on Twitter

tw0sh0t

Yep, tried that and also found a script within my FTP client that had an option to set all subfolders/files so I went through everything CHMOD'd to 777.  Still having the same problem.

tw0sh0t

Should I ditch 1.1 RC1 and download/install a fresh install of 1.0.7?

JayBachatero

Well 1.1 or 1.0.7 will have the same problem.  Do you get any errors in your error log?
Follow me on Twitter

tw0sh0t

Yeah, as a matter of fact I do.  But don't really know what it means.  Some type of permission issue?  Cut and pasted: removed my IP.

tw0sh0t   Today at 06:28:38 PM 
{MY IP ADDRESS HERE}     3174806ed5cdaf9cff6248ad0bae2bd8 
http://www.louisvillesocial.com/index.php?action=packages;sa=install;package=smf_patch_1.0.7_1.1-RC2-1.tar.gz 
2: unlink(/home/jlouisvi/public_html/Packages/temp/.pureftpd-upload.4452a40b.15.751c.f4d52f3b): Permission denied
File: /home/jlouisvi/public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1147

JayBachatero

Make a dir called temp inside the Packages dir and CHMOD it to 777.
Follow me on Twitter

tw0sh0t

Already one there and it is CHMOD'd to 777

tw0sh0t

The file that the error log indicates: File: /public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1147

Line 1147 is:

unlink($dir . '/' . $entryname);

JayBachatero

That area is incharge of deleting the temp files it used to install the mod.  It seems that's where the error is.  Deleting it.  Not sure of a fix for this.  I will do some searching and let you know,
Follow me on Twitter

tw0sh0t

Well wouldn't everyone else be having this same issue?  I mean it's a fresh install just like anyone else would do for the first time.  If it's something with my HOST what exactly should I tell them in a ticket so they understand what the problem is and how to fix it?

JayBachatero

Yeah it might be host related.  Well more specific its a PHP issue.  Let me search a bit and I will see what's up with this.
Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: