News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SA™

can i have a link to a topic on your site with like enbled pls
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

tabletsdroid

upgraded smf to 2.0 gold. installed new fb connect mod. its nice when everything just works :)
Are you Looking Forward To it?

Nikhil P Naik

this is the internal server error that i get.. any idea ?? i get this error before the attach option....

SA™

thats looks to me todo with another mod

SimpleImageShack?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Nikhil P Naik

YES... EXACTLY.. I HAVE INSTALLED SIMPLE IMAGE SHACK.. ANY PROBLEM WITH THE MOD?

SA™

i dont know it not my mod as that modifys that part of the theme it best to ask in the topic for that mod

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Nikhil P Naik

thnk u once again for figuring out what caused the error....

madfitz

madfitz

For all of my questions (eg "why doesn't the Like button show up?"), the mod still doesn't work for me anyway. I click on @publish' and still nothing gets sent to my fb wall   ???

~DS~

Quote from: madfitz on June 17, 2011, 06:07:06 AM
For all of my questions (eg "why doesn't the Like button show up?"), the mod still doesn't work for me anyway. I click on @publish' and still nothing gets sent to my fb wall   ???
Any mods?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

madfitz

Quote from: ~DS~ on June 17, 2011, 09:31:08 AM
Any mods?

Several mods but it is a fledgling site with no activity to speak of so I was happy to uninstall everything and just install this one. It made no difference though.

SA™

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

madfitz

Quote from: SA™ on June 17, 2011, 03:59:04 PM
Quote from: madfitz on June 17, 2011, 04:00:56 AM
Quote from: SA™ on June 16, 2011, 09:01:34 PM
can i have a link to a topic on your site with like enbled pls
http://bostonforum.co.uk/

is the like button enabled on all boards?

Quote from: madfitz on June 16, 2011, 05:36:07 PM
Quote from: SA™ on June 16, 2011, 02:14:51 PM
@ madfitz
you have enble it on the boards you want it to show on? in facebook admin/boards

Yes. Publish, Like and Comments all enabled. But 'Like' does not show :(

Going around in circles?  :-\

• I have Publish, Like and Comments enabled for all boards.
  • I only see the Publish button on my board.
  • When I use the Publish button, nothing happens. I can be logged in on fb at the same time in another browser tab (so the session is active/current) but nothing has ever been published.
  • This behaviour does not change if any other mods are installed or fb integration is the only mod installed.

SA™

try this in sources/facebook/facebookHooks.php

find

action"'.$verb.'"

replace with

action="'.$verb.'"

at the bottom of the file in show_facebook_like_button() function from veing your source i can see the button and i see that error so that may be why try it and let me know

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

madfitz

Quote from: SA™ on June 17, 2011, 08:54:05 PM

find

action"'.$verb.'"

replace with

action="'.$verb.'"

at the bottom of the file in show_facebook_like_button() function from veing your source i can see the button and i see that error so that may be why try it and let me know

That made no difference. 'Like' button is still not visible, 'Publish' button still doesn't publish  :(

Nikhil P Naik

another help plz!

u had told that the internal server error was due to simple imageshack.. i looked into the simple imageshack mod help.... i was asked to set the sis folder CHMOD to 755 and the files to 644.. then i get the following error:

Strict Standards: require_once() [function.require-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/freeforu/public_html/SSI.php on line 68

Warning: require_once(/home/freeforu/public_html/SSI_Facebook.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/freeforu/public_html/SSI.php on line 68

Strict Standards: require_once() [function.require-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/freeforu/public_html/SSI.php on line 68

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/freeforu/public_html/SSI_Facebook.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/freeforu/public_html/SSI.php on line 68

is this error due to facebook mod???

plz help .. i have attached the ssi.php file

SA™

Quote from: madfitz on June 18, 2011, 02:09:28 AM
Quote from: SA™ on June 17, 2011, 08:54:05 PM

find

action"'.$verb.'"

replace with

action="'.$verb.'"

That made no difference. 'Like' button is still not visible, 'Publish' button still doesn't publish  :(

then i dont know then there ovisly some conflit someware it show in your page source so it is there just not showing wich make me think a conflict maybe with ezportal or the fbblock you have on your home page?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

madfitz

Quote from: SA™ on June 18, 2011, 07:17:41 PM
then i dont know then there ovisly some conflit someware it show in your page source so it is there just not showing wich make me think a conflict maybe with ezportal or the fbblock you have on your home page?

I said earlier in this support thread that I tried it with ALL other mods uninstalled and it still did not work.

You have never answered my question "why does publish button not publish anything" or "why does Like button not show" so, OK, forget it as you clearly can't help.

Thanks for working on this mod and providing your hard work free of charge here. Sadly for some users it does not work. I will look for an alternative method.

SA™

yes where do you want it moved to?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Advertisement: