Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Meriadoc

I'm having the same issue that is described above with the error (on SMF)
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
No connection to facebook found

Thanks for the help
If I know the way home and am walking along it drunkenly, is it any less the right way because I am staggering from side to side? : Leo Tolstoy
Everything I know I learned from Calvin and Hobbes.
And patience is about the most useful thing you could ever have.  That and backups. : [Unknown]
If I choose to send thee, Tuor son of Huor, then believe not that thy one sword is not worth the sending. : Ulmo, Lord of the Waters - Unfinished Tales, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Meriadoc

Gah, it appears that something wasn't quite right with my test FB app. I switched IDs to the real app my client gave me and it works fine. Maybe the test app was too new.

Anyway, it connects beautifully now. The only (minor) problem is if I click the "register" link, I'm sent to the agreement, accepting that brings me to the registration form. If I click Connect with Facebook I'm walked through the connection and then sent BACK to the Agreement again. Clicking that will take me to the last step, but is there a way to avoid duplicating that agreement showing? Users are going to get a little freaked out by that I can be sure.

Thank you.
If I know the way home and am walking along it drunkenly, is it any less the right way because I am staggering from side to side? : Leo Tolstoy
Everything I know I learned from Calvin and Hobbes.
And patience is about the most useful thing you could ever have.  That and backups. : [Unknown]
If I choose to send thee, Tuor son of Huor, then believe not that thy one sword is not worth the sending. : Ulmo, Lord of the Waters - Unfinished Tales, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Biology Forums

Is it possible to configure this mod so that as soon as the member signs up, he/she automatically "Likes" the website?

Fiskelust

Quote from: Fiskelust on February 01, 2012, 04:48:37 PM
Hi,

at first i would like to thank you for a great mod, which seem to have many good uses.

However, i have some serious issues with it:
I have tried to configure so that when a new thread is created (on certain boards) a new post is placed on the facebook page.
Sometimes this works, but most often it does not. I guess that i have the configuration properly since it sometimes works...
Do i every time have to click the "grant permissions" button? (By the way it does not appear in IE9)

As stated earlier i think there are quite a few good features with this mod, but is there any user guide on how to use and configure it?
Now i'm doing trial and error, and since it only works every now and then its very hard to tell if its me doing something wrong or the mod just isnt working as expected...

Comments?

Vlada87

First of all thank you for this great application...

However i have some strange error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http:/XXXXXXXXXXXXcom/index.php?pretty;action=register2

Undefined index: fb_app_atokenpage

/home/content/08/8814308/html/XXXXXXXXX/forum/Sources/Facebook/FacebookHooks.php

Line: 488
---------------------------------------------------------------------

On that 488 line is this string:    $atoken = $modSettings['fb_app_atokenpage'];

Can you tell me more about this error!?

SA™

@Meriadoc
it should only do the reg agreement once?

@Vlada87
replace that line with
$atoken = !empty($modSettings['fb_app_atokenpage']) ? $modSettings['fb_app_atokenpage'] : '';
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Vlada87

Can you tell me more about that error why it happen!?

Error only show when someone star new theard...

SA™

you get that co $modSettings['fb_app_atokenpage'] was never defined

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

dwd2000

Quote from: SA™ on January 30, 2012, 02:29:41 PM
what do you want to know? i genaraly dont write documentation cos my punctuation suks  but i will try to explain if needed  ;)

I can help here.
If you can explain every admin step to me,  the best way you can, I'll do the documentation for you.
I can add it to the language files, so we can get the explanations as we go through the initial setup.
It wouldn't hurt to have examples too.
It might save you a lot of time.
30 years ago I was young and foolish.
Now I'm just young.

DAMMIT JIM...I'M A TWEAKER...NOT A CODER!!!

Dave's Games

neyola

Hi, Thanks for this app. I just noticed that the Facebook page on my SMF only displays for Guest and not registered members. It was displaying previously but I just noticed it stopped displaying for users only display for guests.

Expecting a prompt response

distante

Hello!

I have a question.

This mod can make a facebook user post directly into the forum, or register in the forum with the facebook account?

neyola

Quote from: distante on February 06, 2012, 10:33:49 AM
Hello!

I have a question.

This mod can make a facebook user post directly into the forum, or register in the forum with the facebook account?

Both!

But the facebook post is more like a comment so it doesn't add to the board thread's replies!

SA™

QuoteBut the facebook post is more like a comment so it doesn't add to the board thread's replies!

this is somthing i wanted to build in the mod kinda like how replys to post can goto the published topic on fb

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

SA™

Quote from: neyola on February 06, 2012, 06:24:52 AM
Hi, Thanks for this app. I just noticed that the Facebook page on my SMF only displays for Guest and not registered members. It was displaying previously but I just noticed it stopped displaying for users only display for guests.

Expecting a prompt response

it will only show if users are synced with fb i want to change this cos it doesnt make much sense to allow guest to see it yet registerd userrs have to be synced with fb i dont know why i did it like this :P

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

neyola

Quote from: SA™ on February 06, 2012, 02:27:47 PM
QuoteBut the facebook post is more like a comment so it doesn't add to the board thread's replies!

this is somthing i wanted to build in the mod kinda like how replys to post can goto the published topic on fb

If you manage to do this, Then its gonna be the bomb!

distante

Quote from: SA™ on February 06, 2012, 02:27:47 PM

I remind saw the Facebook developers page something about obtain the content of the comment with the graph API, butI can't find where is it!

DanielJLewis

I love what this plugin is supposed to do, but it seems pointless to offer a Facebook login if the user still has to create a username and password. That's the whole point of social logins—that you don't have to create a new username and password.

I'm testing between phpBB and SMF. phpBB has a plugin that can register a user with Facebook without requiring an extra username and password. I've been to many other sites and web apps that work the same.

Is this on the roadmap for this mod?

DanielJLewis

By the way, I also have the "no connection to facebook" error. I've quadruple-checked my app ID and secret (which work for other apps).

Site is currently hxxp:oncepodcast.com/oncesmf/ [nonactive] (may redirect to /forums/ with some htaccess magic).

distante

Quote from: DanielJLewis on February 06, 2012, 11:16:10 PM
By the way, I also have the "no connection to facebook" error. I've quadruple-checked my app ID and secret (which work for other apps).

Site is currently http://oncepodcast.com/oncesmf/ (may redirect to /forums/ with some htaccess magic).

Check your AP's URL, if you use your forum without www, and put the url with www in facebook, it will not work

Quote from: DanielJLewis on February 06, 2012, 10:55:34 PM
I love what this plugin is supposed to do, but it seems pointless to offer a Facebook login if the user still has to create a username and password. That's the whole point of social logins—that you don't have to create a new username and password.

That's what SA is try to accomplish, I'm doing some research in the facebook api (although I'm just a rookie)

Advertisement: