News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Text Box Size Errors

Started by jbguillo, June 16, 2011, 07:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbguillo

I recently upgraded to 2.0 from 2.0 RC5, and it seems as though every text box (reply, quick reply, pm) has an indefinite width.

I was able to find the fix for the quick reply here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=437765.0

But I'm still looking for a fix for the other text boxes. I have confirmed this from multiple accounts on different browsers.

Here are two captures of what I still need to fix:

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Jeff

Antechinus

Clear your browser cache first.

jbguillo

Haha, now I feel stupid. Thanks for the quick fix!

It still didn't fix the quick reply box, but like I said, the fix posted in the OP worked for that.

Antechinus

Your theme probably has its own Display.template.php, which is where the quick reply is coded. That's why you would have needed to update that file manually. Upgrades only fix default theme files. :)

snork13

fwiw I did an upgrade and have the same issue on the default theme, however on my full install test box it's fine. i just took the template file from the full and that fixed the issue. Also, when i upgrade i do delete the theme directory so i make sure the files are fresh. hope this helps.

-snork
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Advertisement: