SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlibson

I get this problem anytime I click on "Edit Block":

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This is a newer problem. Started happening about three weeks ago. Was running 2.0 RC2, now RC3...
Come visit the best Sports/General Chat site on the web!

http://www.ngsforums.com">

Angelina Belle

Did you uninstall SimplePortal before you did the upgrade to 2.0 RC3?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

dlibson

Yes I did. Then reinstalled it. But it was happening before anyways...
Come visit the best Sports/General Chat site on the web!

http://www.ngsforums.com">

Angelina Belle

It is very odd that you don't get that error any other time.  Only when you are trying to edit a block?
But it sounds like a file or directory permission error. Please check that all your files and directories have the appropriate permissions.

Do you have any errors in your error log?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

BOS4O

Can someone give me please the sql database file for SimplePortal 2.3.2
i am installing it manually

adbrad

Quote from: BOS4O on May 27, 2010, 04:33:32 PM
Can someone give me please the sql database file for SimplePortal 2.3.2
i am installing it manually

it will be in the package unzip the package and get the file from therre

BOS4O

<div id="page" class="windowbg2">
<div class="catbg">SimplePortal &bull; Database Tool</div>
<p id="info" class="windowbg">This tool will prepare your database to work with SimplePortal. It will also fix database issues related to SimplePortal, if there are any.</p>
', $info, '
<p id="copy">SimplePortal &copy; 2008-2010</p>
</div>
</body>
</html>';
}

function sp_db_create_table($table_name, $columns, $indexes = array(), $no_prefix = true)
{
global $db_prefix;

$real_prefix = preg_match('~^(`?)(.+?)\\1\\.(.*?)$~', $db_prefix, $match) === 1 ? $match[3] : $db_prefix;

$complete_table_name = !$no_prefix ? $db_prefix . $table_name : $table_name;
$full_table_name = !$no_prefix ? $real_prefix . $table_name : $table_name;

$tables = sp_db_list_tables();

this is the only way i think from the package but i dont want to be automatic
can someone export the database of the sp for import it in mine?

Angelina Belle

Why not use Package Manager to install the mod?

Another Rob

One quick question.

We've got simpleportal and aeva media gallery on our forum. We've got a block for the media gallery on the front page so members and guests can see the latest document, however on the block it only lists Views: 0 and when someone clicks on it also lists Downloads: 7 . . so to folks visiting the site the Views: 0 looks like nobody has downloaded the document yet. Is there an easy way to change it so the block will show both Views and Downloads?

Thanks

amko_sa

I can not wait for the new version 2.4 :)
The only thing that I would like to improve in the new version is SEO.

Angelina Belle

Feriscool -- It looks like you have one too many portal mods installed.

I suggest that you uninstall your mods in the reverse order that you installed them.
Then install only one of the Portal mods.

-----
Another Rob -- Please check out the custom coding boards at http://simpleportal.net  You'll find that several members have used AEVA media functions in custom php blocks to create just the effect they were looking for.

anakmacan

Does anyone know how to add "Chess Quickmatch" and "Current Chess Game" in simple portal block ?

rotacak

Can anyone tell me why this not work like php block?:

$a = "text";

function abc()
{
global $a; 
return $a; 
}

echo 'print: '.abc();

I can't see variable $a in function :-(

Angelina Belle

Included and Eval'd code is different than execution by a standalone script.

In your sample, I think the first $a may be local to the eval'd code, whereas your global $a is global to the calling script.

To get around this problem, make your first $a global to the calling script.
This introduces the possibility that your new global $a might collide with an already existing global $a from some other mod, so you might consider using something with a very good chance of being unique.

global $rotacak_a;
$rotacak_a = "text";

function abc()
{
global $rotacak_a; 
return $rotacak_a; 
}

echo 'print: '.abc();

rotacak

Angelina Belle

You're welcome!

It's confusing, and my explanation might not even have been correct. http://php.net/manual/en/language.variables.scope.php

You'd need a very experienced php developer to tell you what actually happens -- someone who has broken their teeth on this issue many times.  It's not really about SimplePortal or SMF.

anakmacan

Something wrong with "Top Poster (today)" block.. A member post 8 message today, but in "Top Poster" block it said that member made 1 post (not eight).

rotacak

Well, I have second problem:
echo htmlspecialchars('ěščřžýáíé');

It will print: &#283;š&#269;&#345;žýáíé
But in normal PHP it will print just: ěščřžýáíé
How to make it work like in normal PHP?

Advertisement: