News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelina Belle

@rotacak

By the time it does the preview or saves the custom php code, simpleportal has already processed the characters and made some decisions about them.  I had a quick look at this part of the code. I is unfamiliar to me, so I found it pretty confusing. I cannot give you a good answer.

If this feature is giving you trouble, please bring the issue to the support boards at simpleportal.net.
Please include enough information to make clear what you are trying to achieve and how it goes wrong.

I hope the developer will be able to give you a good answer.

@anakmacan
I also had a quick look at that part of the code. I'm sorry to say I don't have a good answer for you either.
Your question seems very straightforward -- please bring it to simpleportal.net

I hope the real SimplePortal experts will be able to give you both simple answers to your questions.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

diablo3x.dk

Just realized how nice and easy Simple Portal makes the proces of making a full website with frontsite. Very nice job, team! It is indeed 'simple'.
I am considering on using SimplePortal on my site instead of a standalone frontpage without any direct connection to the forum.

Now, I have no knowledge on php and asp.net or whatsoever. SMF is PHP per standard. That I know ;D Now, I am not the one doing the hard coding on our frontpage which is based on asp.net #c. I would like to know, if there is any possible way to use asp.net when creating the so-called 'pages' or the Blocks? Or does it have to be all php?
Maybe I need some bridging stuff or is it just plain impossible? Maybe another way around to do this?

I'm a little confused since I'm not very good at the technical stuff. Let me elaborate anything if needed in order to answer my question.

anakmacan

Angelina : Okay, ill do that. Thanks for your answer anyway ;)

rotacak

AngelinaBelle: I discovered that this problem will be probably in SimplePortal, because even normal echo will cause this issue:

echo 'ěščřžýáíé';

It looks ok, but if I will display html source, I will see:

ěščřžýáíé

Same thing happen with Custom HTML block.

Paul66

Hi,i installed this mod and it looks good ,congrats to the developer/s.

The only problem i have is when on the home page (portal) there isnt a tab to navigate to the forum.Is [nofollow] there anyway i could add one or even make my banner clickable to navigate to the forum .

Version 1.11.1

Cheers

Its ok it works on the default theme but not on the new look variation ,hey ho.

rotacak

Well, my problem is probably caused due to somewhat settings in SMF on localhost. So, nevermind.

Angelina Belle

@Paul666 -- there is a tutorial for that! http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=148.0

@diablo -- This all depends on what the page is doing. It may turn out to be easier to re-do it in php, if you want integration and a common theme for the two parts of your website.

On the other hand, it may be possible for your current homepage to call some SMF SSI functions. The best place to ask about that is at simplemachines.org.

SimplePortal does not have an SSI for putting blocks on non-SMF pages. So the best place to ask about that would be at SimplePortal.net, on the custom coding board.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

humbleworld

Hi the clickable "FORUM" link at the top bar menu does not appear.
What shall I do?

kat

If it's a custom theme, you have to edit that theme's index.template, to make the button. 

admirable

Great look and great mod of portal...  8) 8)
My Website| JA Technologies
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do hard work, one day you will be awarded for that!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

humbleworld

Quote from: K@t on June 10, 2010, 05:00:06 PM
If it's a custom theme, you have to edit that theme's index.template, to make the button.

How to do that Kat? I am using a dziner studio theme. Have no idea where to edit it.

diablo3x.dk

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on June 10, 2010, 11:39:12 AM
@Paul666 -- there is a tutorial for that! http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=148.0

@diablo -- This all depends on what the page is doing. It may turn out to be easier to re-do it in php, if you want integration and a common theme for the two parts of your website.

On the other hand, it may be possible for your current homepage to call some SMF SSI functions. The best place to ask about that is at simplemachines.org.

SimplePortal does not have an SSI for putting blocks on non-SMF pages. So the best place to ask about that would be at SimplePortal.net, on the custom coding board.

tumbleweed

I have a shoutbox set up in a board. I get this error:

GIANTS007   Today at 09:55:01 PM 
74.67.222.93     b1686ca6a5af03cb650ed15eb7c3df8a 
http://theinsideslant.com/forum/index.php 
8: Undefined index: session_var
File: /home/theinsid/public_html/forum/Themes/default/PortalShoutbox.template.php
Line: 111

runnng smf 1.1.11 and sp 2.3
permssions are set to one membergroup
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

humbleworld

Hello,

I want to increase the no. of Top Poster in SP. The default is 5. I want to make it 10. Where shall I edit that part?

tumbleweed

Quote from: tumbleweed on June 10, 2010, 11:58:03 PM
I have a shoutbox set up in a board. I get this error:

GIANTS007   Today at 09:55:01 PM 
74.67.222.93     b1686ca6a5af03cb650ed15eb7c3df8a 
http://theinsideslant.com/forum/index.php 
8: Undefined index: session_var
File: /home/theinsid/public_html/forum/Themes/default/PortalShoutbox.template.php
Line: 111

runnng smf 1.1.11 and sp 2.3
permssions are set to one membergroup

Answer can be found here:
http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=5772.new;topicseen#new
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

ishy

What element do I change to bold the catbg font?   It doesn't match the rest of the forum.

Angelina Belle

Could you be a little more specific. Perhaps you could show an example...

humbleworld

Could someone please answer my question above? Thank you!

TheListener

Quote from: humbleworld on June 13, 2010, 05:17:04 PM
Could someone please answer my question above? Thank you!

Firstly please have patience when waiting for a reply or alternatively go to www.simpleportal.net

I am currently unable to look within my admin area due to reasons which I will not go into here.

Have you had a look in the simple portal section of your forums admin area?

humbleworld

Thanks Brank1. I will proceed to Simple Portal Site. I had looked into the admin area and couldn't find the way to edit the Top Poster code. Only 5 people are listed in Top Poster.

Advertisement: