SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[SiNaN]

Did you do a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5) after you made the change? It might be using the old cached CSS.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

sharks

I would like to report some bugs in 2.3.3 and i installed this on a fresh SMF 1.1.12 with default theme and shoutbox block set to display inside forum only:

When i click on the shoutbox smiley found within the shoutbox, i select an emoticon from the list and when i press the Shout button, i get this in the shoutbox:
sharks.info/Smileys/default/kiss.gif" alt="Kiss" border="0" />
There are no emoticons displayed but only error codes like above for all emoticons that i tried to display via the shoutbox.

I tried it on my existing forum SMF 1.1.11 and the emoticons display fine in the shoutbox. But there is a problem when entering messages. If i click on the Shout button then the message is submitted and it appears in the shoutbox, BUT if i press the Enter button on my keyboard, the message sometimes disappears from the text bar and it doesn't show up inside the shoutbox.

I use the shoutbox as top block in my forum page. The text bar is somehow strangely fixed in its length. It does not fill the dynamic width of the browser/screen. Please test this and you will be able to confirm this bug!

The shout button should also be placed right next to the text bar. My screen is LCD wide-screen 22" so the small "shout" button is so far on the right. It is almost not noticed.

Also, what does the setting Cache do in the shoutbox? It appears to be enabled by default. What is its importance? Won't it make my server/forum slow with time? Need the Cache be flushed regularly and how to do that?

And maybe you could add a button to change the font color of text in the shoutbox and also make the actual clicked smileys appear inside the shoutbox as images, instead of just the text representations. Just some suggestions which i believe will make the shoutbox better and more useful. :)

[SiNaN]

Quote from: trekkie2444 on December 06, 2010, 04:22:13 PM
Quote from: シナン on December 06, 2010, 10:26:49 AM
Quote from: trekkie2444 on December 05, 2010, 11:51:33 PM
The Analysis RC4 theme. I put the one that was in the default theme?

Here's my forum: http://e-p1.net

Add this at the end of the portal.css file you copied to the css directory of your custom theme:

#sp_main h3.catbg span.left
{
margin: 0;
}

I just put that in, didn't fix anything.

Looking at your forum, it's already fixed. See this:

Quote from: シナン on December 06, 2010, 04:43:44 PM
Did you do a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5) after you made the change? It might be using the old cached CSS.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

sharks

Have my suggestions been ignored?? :(
I also found another bug with the "who is online" page of my forum, as its maximum width is fixed. On my screen it does not fit the width, unlike the top part of the forum, the whois list's width is restricted.

Quote from: sharks on December 06, 2010, 11:32:50 PM
I would like to report some bugs in 2.3.3 and i installed this on a fresh SMF 1.1.12 with default theme and shoutbox block set to display inside forum only:

When i click on the shoutbox smiley found within the shoutbox, i select an emoticon from the list and when i press the Shout button, i get this in the shoutbox:
There are no emoticons displayed but only error codes like above for all emoticons that i tried to display via the shoutbox.

I tried it on my existing forum SMF 1.1.11 and the emoticons display fine in the shoutbox. But there is a problem when entering messages. If i click on the Shout button then the message is submitted and it appears in the shoutbox, BUT if i press the Enter button on my keyboard, the message sometimes disappears from the text bar and it doesn't show up inside the shoutbox.

I use the shoutbox as top block in my forum page. The text bar is somehow strangely fixed in its length. It does not fill the dynamic width of the browser/screen. Please test this and you will be able to confirm this bug!

The shout button should also be placed right next to the text bar. My screen is LCD wide-screen 22" so the small "shout" button is so far on the right. It is almost not noticed.

Also, what does the setting Cache do in the shoutbox? It appears to be enabled by default. What is its importance? Won't it make my server/forum slow with time? Need the Cache be flushed regularly and how to do that?

And maybe you could add a button to change the font color of text in the shoutbox and also make the actual clicked smileys appear inside the shoutbox as images, instead of just the text representations. Just some suggestions which i believe will make the shoutbox better and more useful. :)

Angelina Belle

Quote from: sharks on December 06, 2010, 11:32:50 PM
This bug crops up from time to time when the username is the same as the domain name. I can open a bug report.
Please post a link.

Please post a link

QuoteThe shout button should also be placed right next to the text bar. My screen is LCD wide-screen 22" so the small "shout" button is so far on the right. It is almost not noticed.
Is this related to your previous problem?

QuoteAlso, what does the setting Cache do in the shoutbox? It appears to be enabled by default. What is its importance? Won't it make my server/forum slow with time? Need the Cache be flushed regularly and how to do that?
I hope Sinan can answer this one.
QuoteAnd maybe you could add a button to change the font color of text in the shoutbox and also make the actual clicked smileys appear inside the shoutbox as images, instead of just the text representations. Just some suggestions which i believe will make the shoutbox better and more useful. :)
Please feel welcome to come to SimplePortal.net and post this as a feature request.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

PLAYBOY

I think it would be very cool to have chess pages on portal.
Like "Current games"
"Awaiting invitations"
"Top players board"
etc.

Chess pages are from SMFChess

PLAYBOY

Or how about like a block for "Last answers to my posts or to my subjects" ?

kkattfish

i have smf 2.0rc3, simple portal 2.3.3 and aeva 1.4c

recently the images in the gallery on the homepage went to the red x's. 
i have ran the maintenance in aeva but it was no help.  any suggestions to try on simpleportal or anybody have similar issues?

site is http://www.alloffroadaz.com

basis

thanks so much for this portal! it was very easy to setup and use! great stuff!

i did encounter an error though, when trying to setup my shoutbox.

QuoteIllegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'ifnull'
File: /nfs/domains/forum/html/Sources/Subs-Portal.php
Line: 1132

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.12, while your database is at version 1.1.10. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

so like the note recommended, should i just run upgrade.php? any other stuff i should watch out for?
SMF Version: Ver 2.0.8
Running Mods:
SimplePortal v2.3.5 (disabled)
AEVA 7.2 (enabled)
Stop Spammer 2.3.9 (disabled)
Bad Behaviour mod 1.5.17 (disabled)

Wally.

Hey, I just updated my site to RC4, with SP 2.3.3 and Default Avatar 2.0. I was under the impression that when using Default Avatar 2.0 and Simple Portal 2.3.3 I should be able to display the default avatar in the portal blocks. (The previous version of default avatar didn't do this.) But when I finished that wasn't happening. Do I have a problem in my install or do the two mods not work together as I expected.

TakeMeNL

He all,

I have the Inferno 2.0 RC4 Theme but I have those strange curves.... [PIC]
Could someone help me?

Regards,
TakeMeNL

NanoSector

Quote from: Wally. on December 18, 2010, 05:22:27 PM
Hey, I just updated my site to RC4, with SP 2.3.3 and Default Avatar 2.0. I was under the impression that when using Default Avatar 2.0 and Simple Portal 2.3.3 I should be able to display the default avatar in the portal blocks. (The previous version of default avatar didn't do this.) But when I finished that wasn't happening. Do I have a problem in my install or do the two mods not work together as I expected.
Probably they don't work well together.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Jue

I was wondering if someone can help me with this...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=414061.msg2886847#msg2886847

I want the regular groups to override the post count group in the staff block.

TheListener

Jue what are the current membergroups you have?

Saintcrow

Hey,

I just want to ask, can I edit the 'Member Information' block so it just shows the Avatar without hello blabla etc ? And if yes, can it work together with generic avatars mod ??

thanks =)

Jue

Quote from: Brack1 on December 20, 2010, 08:47:31 PM
Jue what are the current membergroups you have?

Regular Groups
Admin
Global Moderator
Bots
Staff

Post count groups
I'm New
Technophobe 
Tech Apprentice 
Techie
Technician
Tech Master

I want the "Regular" groups to override the post count groups on that staff block and the memberlist.

Jue

They are in my "Staff" group. You can't add people to the Moderator group, you just add them to a board as a moderator.

tesser

So far this is the best portal

i'v tried them all  and this has the best shout box too but it could do with a ding on a new shout  with a option to turn sound on and off

Jue

To me, that makes no sense what so ever.

sharks

Quote from: tesser on December 22, 2010, 08:29:59 PM
So far this is the best portal

i'v tried them all  and this has the best shout box too but it could do with a ding on a new shout  with a option to turn sound on and off

i agree with all that has been said about this having the best shoutbox, but i have to disagree with the sound. If it's turned off in the admin, it has to be completely turned off such that no wav/mp3 file is loaded along with the shoutbox on the forum page. I used to get a lot of problems with this as my members have their download managers set to auto-download and they get these audio files downloaded with prompts appearing on their screens everytime that they load the page with the shoutbox in it.

I also have another great idea for the shoutbox. Please add the option to enable text to appear by default in the shoutbox's text bar, such that when clicked to start typing, that default text disappears.

For example, the default text in the shoutbox could be set to italic and pale grey, and the text itself should be customizable, like: "Welcome to our Shoutbox! Please type in here and press the "Shout" button to enter the chat".

Then, when a member clicks on the text area within the text bar to type, that default text will automatically clear up and the user can then use the shoutbox normally.

Advertisement: