SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Average Mom

Quote from: Brack1 on January 30, 2011, 12:36:55 PM
Jeet

The following link will provide the solution for you.

I had the same problem which was solved.

http://www.pixelmansion.com/index.php?topic=89.msg944;topicseen#new

Thanks for sharing! Fixed my issue! ;)

ACAMS

I have SMF 2.0 RC3 and SimplePortal 2.3.2
Guests see "Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist" and I would like to edit this, where can I find the code?
I have searched for a good while and can't find it.
THANKS

Angelina Belle

ACAMS: ?action=admin;area=portalshoutbox; then edit the permission on the shoutbox itself.
PLAYBOY: Making a WORDPRESS block would require some customization. you'd need to write some php code to do it.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

PLAYBOY

I may be able to find a pre-written script or something. Can you tell me what is the code called? like i i know its not ssi.
I dont really want to use iframe.
but i can put an html or php code in a block to show it. What kind of code i can put there to show most recent articles?

there is a block to show articles. maybe i can edit that blocks codes to make it show wp instead of mod.

ACAMS

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on March 03, 2011, 03:55:34 PM
ACAMS: ?action=admin;area=portalshoutbox; then edit the permission on the shoutbox itself.
PLAYBOY: Making a WORDPRESS block would require some customization. you'd need to write some php code to do it.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't see how to edit the text there, can you be more detailed?

Angelina Belle

You can find all the blocks in PortalBlocks.php. This may not help you much, though. WordPress is not SimplePortal.
You may have better luck getting the information about WordPress at a WordPress customization site. Then, you should be able to put some WordPress code into a SimplePortal custom php block.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Angelina Belle

ACAMS: I'm sorry.  I did not understand at first what you meant by "edit this". All SimplePortal strings are in the language directory of the theme. So a quick search of the files there for "this shoutbox does not exist" turns up a
$txt['error_sp_shoutbox_not_exist']. That's the string you want, then.

ACAMS

Baloch

Kindly update SP for  SMF 2.0 RC5

Angelina Belle

That's an excellent suggestion. I assure you, the team will take it under advisement.

BSViper

Repeat my post as suugested..

I have a problem.

When Simple Portal installed, all post in forum with multiquote shown wrong.
Forum show only first quote in post, and other quotes shown like simple text, without even borders and color selection...
If i deinstall Simple Portal all shown as expected...

SMF version 2.0 RC4 security patch, Simple Portal 2.3.3

Can anyone help?

Average Mom

Quote from: Baloch on March 04, 2011, 10:23:43 AM
Kindly update SP for  SMF 2.0 RC5

I'm using 2.0 RC5 and it works just fine for me.

thesikaleon

I'm trying to get my who's online block to list the people online horizontally not vertically.

I found this topic http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=7720.0 but cant understand what I need to do exactly.

Please any help?

Spoogs

Why did you just ask there since its a fairly recent topic

thesikaleon

I cant understand what I need to do.

I mean there are some codes in that topic but i dont know which file i need to edit

Angelina Belle

I believe that code is meant to go in a custom php block.

thesikaleon

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on March 06, 2011, 11:33:28 AM
I believe that code is meant to go in a custom php block.

I was mad trying to find out which file to edit, through my cpanel, and it was so simple  ;D

THANKS!!!

Angelina Belle

Simple -- that's the idea! Glad you got it working.

gvalfer

PS: problem solved.

Angelina Belle

Quote from: BSViper on March 05, 2011, 03:00:50 PM
When Simple Portal installed, all post in forum with multiquote shown wrong.
Forum show only first quote in post, and other quotes shown like simple text, without even borders and color selection...
If i deinstall Simple Portal all shown as expected...

SMF version 2.0 RC4 security patch, Simple Portal 2.3.3
Can you provide a link? I would like to understand better.

Advertisement: