SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelina Belle

Yes.  That is perfectly normal.  That is a design choice made in Portal.template.php made by SimplePortal's developer, Sinan.
There is a <br> before the "center" area of the page. It would be after the top blocks, if there were any.

Changing this behavior would mean changing the logic.
One option is to remove the line Sinan mentioned (above). Other options are possible -- the sky's the limit with theming.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

impreza

Hi, I have a problem with the operation Shoutbox. Displays an error message like this:

ADMIN
02 Gru 11, 22:13:47
2eeef374bc337994728661adc1ca7e3b
Typ błędu: Baza danych
http://localhost/dialog/index.php?Bład bazy danych: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_polish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'ifnull'Plik: C:/Documents and Settings/tomeh/Pulpit/Xmp/xampp/htdocs/dialog/Sources/Subs-Portal.php
Linia: 1263

This is a database error.

Can anyone help deal with this problem. It is the Committees on localhost
Portal ToTemat.pl - Filmy i Artykuły

reefforum

Is there anyway to make font bold in recent posts/topics block?

Angelina Belle

That could be done -- but you'd have to make a little change in index.css or portal.css

You would add a rule
.sp_recent_subject
{
    font-weight: bold;
}

And you would have to do this again every time you updated/upgraded Simple Portal (if you made the change in portal.css) or every time you updated your theme (if you made the change in index.css)
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

reefforum

I could swear I remember seeing a simple portal website with block in block.  is that possible?

Angelina Belle

Yes. At simpleportal.net, there is a blog post from Sinan introducing the concept of  block in block.  And there are many posts about it in the custom coding and blocks boards. 
How did the CSS thing work out for you?

reefforum

Thank you.  Found it.

css thing worked.  The issue is it made the post/topic AND the board info under it bold as well.  I was hoping to just make the post/topic bold to help it stand out.  I'm guessing this one would be hard to do, right?

Angelina Belle

It is not completely impossible, but would take just a little more work.
You might like to add some extra HTML in the block's output -- that's found in PortalBlocks.php.  Then you would attache the new CSS to that new bit of HTML.  Something that would result in something like:
<span class="sp_subject">This is the subject of the post</span>
And the corresponding rule for .sp_subject in your CSS file would work.

ozank

MC73

+

Administration Center |
    Simple Portal l
    Configuration |
    General Settings

Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

minos

after upgrade sp  i get this error 

8: Undefined index: can_make_article
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home//////foro/Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 129

how to fix it?
https://freerockdownloads.xyz

GlitchPC

Has anyone, here, been able to embed Google's AdSense search results in a SimplePortal page?

If so...can you tell me how you did it?

I'm losing my hair over this.  I created a page and created the search box on my custom theme.  I then created an SP page and configured AdSense Search to display the results in that page.  I used HTML to create the SP page...and Google's Source code for the content.

Needless to say...whenever I do a search...it results in a page not found error.

However, outside my site...the Google Search works fine.  Any suggestions?

JohnWayne999

I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4
How do I empty or remove the welcome sign that says this?

QuoteWelcome to SimplePortal!

SimplePortal is one of several portal mods for Simple Machines Forum (SMF). Although always developing, SimplePortal is produced with the user in mind first. User feedback is the number one method of growth for SimplePortal, and our users are always finding ways for SimplePortal to grow. SimplePortal stays competative with other portal software by adding numerous user-requested features such as articles, block types and the ability to completely customize the portal page.

All this and SimplePortal has remained Simple! SimplePortal is built for simplicity and ease of use; ensuring the average forum administrator can install SimplePortal, configure a few settings, and show off the brand new portal to the users in minutes. Confusing menus, undesired pre-loaded blocks and settings that cannot be found are all avoided as much as possible. Because when it comes down to it, SimplePortal is YOUR portal, and should reflect your taste as much as possible.

Ultimate Simplicity
The simplest portal you can ever think of... You only need a few clicks to install it through Package Manager. A few more to create your own blocks and articles. Your portal is ready to go within a couple of minutes, and simple to customise to reflect YOU.

Install Friendly
With the ingenius design of install and update packages, SimplePortal is incredibly install and update friendly. You will never need any manual changes even on a heavily modified forum.

Incredible Theme Support
The simple but powerful structure of SimplePortal brings you wide-range theme support too. You can use SimplePortal with all SMF themes by just adding a button for it.

Professional Support
SimplePortal offers high quality professional support with its own well known support team.

I'd like to replace the text with something of my own. Which file do I access for it please?

Thanks.

Ozzie

go into admin and portal in blocks under top blocks look for a  block called welcome click the edit option you can do it there

2000+ games available to download

BaghdadGhost

Hi all,

I am new to SP  :)

after I managed to install SP in SMF 2.0.2 I am facing this problem. when I enable portal the General category size changes. I tried to create a test category in order to determine what is causing the issue and the problem is the same. I also copied portal.css and portal_rtl.css to my  custom theme css folder but this did not solve the problem. I searched this site and simplemachine.org and did not find a similar problem or solution for it. I use ClearSky v2 theme for smf2. I know its a theme issue not any other thing because when I switch to default all is ok. I parsed SP package to see what modification the installation do to theme files and found out it only modify display.template.php

I would give a like to site but the portal is disabled now for many reasons but the main reason is this problem.

please see attached image for more clarification. also boardindex.template.php for the custom theme.

thank you

JohnWayne999

Quote from: Ozzie on December 27, 2011, 07:32:47 PM
go into admin and portal in blocks under top blocks look for a  block called welcome click the edit option you can do it there

Hi Ozzie,

I can't find the welcome block.

Under admin -> simpleportal I have:

Information
General Settings
Block Settings
Article Settings

I went into General Settings and see these:
Portal mode
Maintenance mode
Standalone URL
Portal Theme
Disable colored links
Disable portal redirection
Disable colored bullets
Disable PHP validation
Disable side collapse
Resize images.

Then I looked in Block Settings, I see these:
Enable left side blocks
Enable right
Width of left side blocks
Width of right side blocks
Display blocks in forum
Hide blocks

Running out of options, I checked Article Settings, I see:
Enable articles
Maximum articles per page
Maximum characters
Display authors avatar.

Where is welcome block? Thanks.

TheListener

Howdy Pardner

:D

Admin >> Simple Portal >> Blocks >> Block List

JohnWayne999

Quote from: Haggis Hunter on December 28, 2011, 08:09:13 PM
Howdy Pardner

:D

Admin >> Simple Portal >> Blocks >> Block List

Ah I see it now. Thank you!

teos55

SMF 2.0.2  Simple Portal 2.3.4  Default Theme

Strange behaviour and difficult to explain :-)

Portal mode is set to : frontpage
So my index.php  is full of simple portal blocks ...

Now, when I try to collapse some of the blocks by clicking (-) sign , does not work as designed.

Such as :

The blocks after a designated block, also collapse with the selected one.

All blocks are collapseable by default, no restriction ... in simple portal

Searched through the forum but did not come up with a solution ...

Any guidance ...

nb.  it is not browser specific.  tried with chrome, FF and opera .  all same

Clearing cache doesnot help

reefforum

Could you guys please tell me how to correct this issue;
When I allow members to chose their own theme, the portal theme does not change.  The rest of the forum changes to their selected theme but not the portal.

Advertisement: