SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon36

Doesn't seem to work with SMF 2.2? Fails the pre-install test in Sources/Subs.php

TheListener

Quote from: simon36 on March 19, 2012, 01:47:41 PM
Doesn't seem to work with SMF 2.2? Fails the pre-install test in Sources/Subs.php

Simple Portal does work on 2.0.2

Have a look at the Mod Emulation link in my signature.

SimplePortal Team

SimplePortal 2.3.5 RC1 Released!

The SimplePortal Team has been hard at work for the last several weeks developing the next version of SimplePortal, 2.3.5, code-named "railgun"! This release fixes the unfortunate bugs that slipped into 2.3.4 version.

Since we would like to have a wider testing and more feedback for our new version, in order to provide you the most stable product possible, we have decided to make our release candidate public. This means you can download the upcoming version now, test and report the bugs.

However, please note that: There will be no install/upgrade/uninstall support provided for/from RC1 version. Although this is a stable version, we strongly advise against using this package on your live forums. This package is only for testing purposes.

One important thing to note is that with this version, SMF 2.0 Beta and RC versions support is dropped. That means, SimplePortal 2.3.5 will only support SMF 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and all versions of SMF 1.0 and SMF 1.1 line, including SMF 1.1.16.

For those who are wondering, here's some of the fixes included in this version:

• Full SMF 2.0.2 and 1.1.16 compatibility
  • Broken header bars in custom themes
  • Undefined indexes caused by feed parser
  • Custom permissions being reset on preview
  • Page blocks being reset in some cases
  • Shoutbox requests not updating user logs
  • Parsed content in tag parameters breaking BBC parsing
  • Several fixes to the layout and spacing
Your feedback is welcome here and in the related topics in Team Blogs board. Please post any bugs to the Bugs board.

You can download the package from Beta Packages category in Downloads area.

Thanks,
-The SimplePortal Team

SimplePortal Project
Download
Meet the SimplePortal Team!
SimplePortal: The Power of Simplicity!

impreza

Portal ToTemat.pl - Filmy i Artykuły

ishy

The menu titles don't seem to be fixed by uploading portal.css to the theme anymore: http://www.technochicks.net/forum/index.php

Do I need to do something else now?

TheListener

Quote from: ishy on March 24, 2012, 06:04:14 PM
The menu titles don't seem to be fixed by uploading portal.css to the theme anymore: http://www.technochicks.net/forum/index.php

The portal is now on version 2.3.5 RC1 whereas you are still using 2.3.3

NanoSector

This was fixed in version 2.3.4, as Old Fossil said, time to update.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

TheListener

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on March 24, 2012, 06:37:43 PM

parrot :P

NanoSector

Quote from: Old Fossil on March 24, 2012, 06:42:31 PM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on March 24, 2012, 06:37:43 PM

parrot :P
Just sayin' how many versions the user is behind and when it was fixed ;)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Angelina Belle

On a production forum, I would not recomend Simple Portal 2.3.5 RC1.
Depending on your theme, Simple Portal 2.3.4 may or may not fix the problem.

That said, I think that 2.3.5 will fix your problem.  so I would recommend either testing 2.3.5 RC1 on a TEST version of your forum, or hanging tight until 2.3.5 comes out.  The changes in 2.3.5 should prove compatable with almost any CURVE (SMF 2.0 final version) -like theme.

If this turns out not to be the case, we can try to help you make accomodations.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Adrek

Hi
Today I had a small problem with proper settings in field "Custom Display Options".
There is one block that is visible only in one board, but SP displays it also in topics in this board, so what I have to add there to display this block only in message index in this one board?

SMF 2.0.2
SP 2.3.4
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

[SiNaN]

This would probably work as Custom Display Option:

~board|1234,-~topic,-~action

Change 1234 as the id of the board.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Adrek

Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

SimplePortal Team

SimplePortal 2.3.5 Released!

The SimplePortal Team is happy to announce the release of SimplePortal 2.3.5, code-named "Railgun!" This release includes fixes for the bugs found in the 2.3.4 version, and features full SMF 2.0.2 and 1.1.16 compatibility.

We urge all users to upgrade to SimplePortal 2.3.5 as soon as possible to take advantage of the bug fixes. A full list of changes for 2.3.5 can be found in the changelog.txt file within the SimplePortal package, but the major fixes are:[cutoff]

• Broken header bars in custom themes
  • Undefined indexes caused by feed parser
  • Custom permissions being reset on preview
  • Page blocks being reset in some cases
  • Shoutbox requests not updating user logs
  • Parsed content in tag parameters breaking BBC parsing
  • Several fixes to the layout and spacing
Unfortunately, there is no auto-upgrade option from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 due to the number of changes. So, if you are running 2.3.4 or an older version, you can upgrade by following these three steps. You shouldn't lose any data, but for safety, you should always back up before modifying your forum.
Finally, please do not use this topic for any support requests. You will get a much more prompt response by posting in Install and Upgrade board.

Thanks for all your support, and keep those bug reports and feature requests coming!
-The SimplePortal Team

SimplePortal Project
Download
Meet the SimplePortal Team!
SimplePortal: The Power of Simplicity!

Ashley S

Congratulations on the new release ;).

teos55

SMF 2.0.2  SP2.3.4

Tried to uninstall SP 2.3.4.  Failed in two php

./index.php  and ./sources/querystring.php       (caused by other mods, which is normal)

So saved these 2 php files, parsed  and pressed uninstall ...

Got:
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Restoring original ./index.php  in the first attempt and then /sources/querystring.php  didnt solve. 
So, I think manualy modifying these files with parse statements didnot cause the problem.

Site is down.

Please help.

Angelina Belle

Hello teos555,

This is frustrating, but might be easily solved.  Since you did nothing but edit-and-ftp, I am going to suppose that the problem is caused by CHMOD or CHOWN problems.  Here are some questions:
* Who is your host?
* What is the ownership and permission information of the files you just edited-and-ftp'd? (FTP can show you this information)
* What is the ownership and permission information of files that you did not recently touch, in the Sources directory, for example?

Getting your files back to permission and/or ownership settings that are OK for the way your host has set up the web service could make all the difference.

---------------------

An easier way to handle this is often to uninstall mods in the reverse order that you installed them. Then uninstall and delete 2.3.4, then reinstall the other mods. Then install SP 2.3.5. You can try this the next time you have a mod update.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

teos55

Hi AngelinaBelle,

Thanks for yoru suggestions.  I've done this process several times with other mods, so I'm sure that the permissions are OK.
I cannot check it now, since I'm in the process of restoring the backup.

Most probably it occured in load.php ( which is heavily modified by other mods) , but cannot be proved. 
  Uninstalling other mods is not an easy step since I have so many mods installed. SP 2.3.4 is the first mod that was installed :-)

Only solution can be manual (carefull) uninstall of SP 2.3.4  after the restore.

thanks again.

GlitchPC

Uninstall for SP 2.3.4 was harder than the upgrade to 2.3.5.  Backed up the database...and made sure I didn't check the box labeled, "Remove all data associated with this modification".  There were only two files that needed to be manually edited prior to uninstall...index.php and Sources/Who.php.  Mind you...these were small edits and the reason the code wasn't found in the first place was due to other installed modifications.

The upgrade to 2.3.5 was "quick" and "painless"...

Thanks for the upgrade!

[SiNaN]

Yeah, unfortunately there are some conflicts with the SMF Project Tools mod. I had to uninstall that mod before I could uninstall the old version of SimplePortal and install the new one over at simpleportal.net.

By the way, if you remove the portal.css file in your custom theme's directory, your portal should look better. It's using an outdated CSS file which results in problems with spacing between blocks.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Advertisement: