News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Hello, I am using shoutbox for 1.1.5

My shoutbox was running all well and suddenly today even if the user is logged in it shows you shouldbe logged in to use the shoutbox. I was editing the inde.template.php for my theme for the ads mod to work properly. but due to errors I removed the edits. Even that time everything was working exactly as it was. Then after restoring the older one index.template.php after some time the shoutbox now considers every user as a guest.. and it shows the message:- "Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!".

I also uninstalled and re-installed the shoutbox. Also checked all the permissions, everything is correct.

Please tell me what can be wrong and how do i solve this.

Thank you.

nneonneo

@jazelle_rae, fozzy: all you need to have in the phpbox is
echo '<div id="yshout">Loading...</div>';
But you must have the <head> code installed to the theme first.

@F.L.A.M.E.R: No idea. My guess is that you've accidentally triggered "elseif($context['user']['is_guest'])", but I don't know how that would happen. Did you perhaps restore the wrong index.template.php?
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

No, I had done edits which i undo it as i got errors. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it. Even i checked the permissions from the database and it is set up to be "1" everywhere.

Please help me out. It was all working great.. or else i have to delete all the files and then restore the database again and then put in the 30 features with manual edits for this shoutbox which i love alot.. :(

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

here is a test account for you so that you can see the problem yourself.

site url:- http://hackerzden.com
username:- storm
password:- 124563

nneonneo

OK, for some reason, your quick login bar causes the forum cookie SMFCookie* to be set for 0 minutes, causing you to appear to be instantly logged out. However, a PHPSESSID cookie keeps you logged into the forum, but not the shoutbox (which I don't understand, since I'm using session_start...oh well :P

So, you need to use the usual login page http://hackerzden.com/index.php?action=login for logging in.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

SwapsRulez

http://www.project-bb.org/index.php?action=chat1

When i type & press enter, Nothing happens. Also after clicking shout button, nothing happens. I'm using SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1

If you need test account i will give you.
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: nneonneo on August 05, 2008, 02:18:20 PM
OK, for some reason, your quick login bar causes the forum cookie SMFCookie* to be set for 0 minutes, causing you to appear to be instantly logged out. However, a PHPSESSID cookie keeps you logged into the forum, but not the shoutbox (which I don't understand, since I'm using session_start...oh well :P

So, you need to use the usual login page http://hackerzden.com/index.php?action=login for logging in.

nope via that link though it doesnt work. I understand how you where able to shout there. Even the user M@NI@C is able to shout and even you. But when i login and some other user whom i know logins, it instantly does what you saw. Yes it works when it is ticked on Login forever option. Anything that i can do to solve this ?

Would repair_settings.php be able to solve up this issue ? and any server settings as such ?

Thank you for looking into this issue.

nneonneo

@SwapsRulez: You've got shoutbox version 1.20, but the code in index.template.php is for a much earlier version. It needs to be updated using the code from the main mod page.

@F.L.A.M.E.R: You might be able to fix it by changing the default login period, if such a thing even exists. Otherwise, you probably want to add a hidden form entry to the quick-login form:
<input name="cookieneverexp" value="true" type="hidden" />
spammers here!

chunkster

where can I download the attachments for the shoutbox mod

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Lolz.. why is it like that. I set it up to 60 minutes and it works well. How can changing these default login time create problems ?

And where shall i put that secret line ? Into index.template.php ?

riker

Works fine here on 1.1.5 apart from no permissions

chunkster

SwapsRulez

Quote from: nneonneo on August 05, 2008, 02:53:00 PM
@SwapsRulez: You've got shoutbox version 1.20, but the code in index.template.php is for a much earlier version. It needs to be updated using the code from the main mod page.

Sorry but i didnt understand that. Which code should i put there ? Do you have that code which will work on separate page using custom action mod.

I've inserted all code which was suppose to be inserted in my custom index.template.php

If i'm wrong, can you give me the code which i need to put on the custom page ?

Thanks in advance. :)
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

nneonneo

@SwapzRules: It's marked with <head> code, and replaces the existing "first block" of code (JS + CSS)

@F.L.A.M.E.R: That "secret line" goes in your index.template.php where-ever the quick-login form is put it before the </form>)
spammers here!

Stef001

I installed Advanced AJAX Shoutbox 1.20 and get this message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function shoutbox() in F:\wamp\www\kaart\Sources\Load.php(1857) : eval()'d code on line 333

On line 333 from load.php is this:
// Only load this stuff if the user isn't a guest.

Anyone a solution???

I use SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public

Thanks.
Stef.

Fixt.
Forgot some code ;)
SMF 2.0.2 | SimplePortal 2.3.5

riker

Having tried this on both 1.1.5 and Beta 3.1 I'm extremely annoyed.  This doe's not install permissions so any Joe Blogs can just type a username and spam away.  Sorry but I think their should be a warning on this mod so they don't get an ear full from members

Stef001

I use AdvSB_1.20.
There you have the shouts in two lines.
I want it at one line, how can i change this.

Thanks,

Stef.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Well, I guess everything in shoutbox works great. Just some new features problem.

I added the smilies according to the code edits you have asked to do. But the smilies dont come up like perfectly what I actually think it should come up..

the smilie :( and >:( have a great difference. But in the shoutbox when shouted it catches :( and changes >:( to > :( (without space) so the arrow comes up. I think you should see it yourself if you want to.

Smilar things happen with the smiley codes who have > before them

Site URL:- http://hackerzden.com
User:- storm
Pass:- 124563

Another thing which i was thinking was to add the Open smiley and Close option above in the center rather than at the base. Can you tell me the edits please.

Thank you.

nneonneo

@Normally: SB_1.20 has the one-line format.

@riker: 1.20 should install permissions, and they should be visible through the Membergroups->Permissions page (if you don't see them, check your language files)

@F.L.A.M.E.R: I'm using the same parsing system as SMF, so I don't see how the smileys could be parsed differently...and it works for me.

As for centering it, it's a simple matter of changing
<div class="smalltext" style="padding-left:25px;">
to
<div class="smalltext" style="padding-left:25px;" align="center">
spammers here!

Stef001

Quote@Normally: SB_1.20 has the one-line format.

In the shoutbox its like this:
  Vandaag om 16:57:10
del ban Stef: text

and i want it like this:
  Vandaag om 16:57:10   del ban Stef: text

Advertisement: