News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nneonneo

@Nequil: Try adding padding-left:0; to #yshout fieldset {

yshout/yshout.php

@dangerboy: Modifications.english.php is missing, and can I see your forum?
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

[unplugged]

Hey nneonneo, when an admin views shoutbox permissions in "simple" view, the text for the shoutbox section does not show. This can be fixed by adding the string   $txt['permissiongroup_simple_yshout'] = 'Shoutbox';   along with the other permission strings. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention.  ;D
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

nneonneo

Sorry for the ignorance, but how would I turn on "simple" mode? Does it apply to SMF 1 or 2?
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

[unplugged]

I just looked and it appears to only be for SMF 2. If you go into permissions, then click on modify for a specific membergroup, you'll see "Change View" at the very top. The choices are Simple | Classic.
Classic is the same layout as SMF 1.1.x. Simple is a much better looking, more organized permissions manager IMO, so it's what I use.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

nneonneo

Ah, thanks for the info. This will be fixed in a future release.
spammers here!

callteg4

Dont know if this has been asked? is there a way to have the shouts in reverse order so the latest shout show at the top so we dont have to scroll down to see if a new shout has been made thanks

[unplugged]

[unplugged]

Open up the yshout folder and you will see settings.php. On line 32 (or there abouts) is $reverseShouts=false;. Set this to true for reverse ordered shouts. Then upload it back to your yshout folder.

callteg4

Thanks, you must of read my post before i deleted it as i found it lol sorry its 6am and i have been up all night getting this thing to work and i am not thinking right,anyway that helped me big time thanks alot

Is there a way to have the history page text bigger please

[unplugged]

Are you wanting just the history text larger? I think the history text by default is the same size as the shoutbox text.

callteg4

on my site the history text is tiny  ;)

Nequil

Quote@Nequil: Try adding padding-left:0; to #yshout fieldset {

thanks ;]

global $ip;
if(!isMod() && preg_match($ip, file_get_contents($chatPath))>3)
{
   echo "Sorry, you've already posted 3 messages...";
   return;
}

Quoteyshout/yshout.php

but in which line ?

i dont understand where i must paste this...

Con

This shoutbox is a pain to install on custom themes...  :'(

I've attached my index.template.php because I don't know anymore... what did I do wrong? and could someone PLEASE fix it?

[unplugged]

It's actually quite easy on most custom themes, once you understand how it's added. Where would you like it to appear? Have you already installed it via the package manager (just skipping the index.template.php error)?

EDIT: And what theme is it?

dangerboy

nneo i attached the two files i hope to make this work pls.

Con

Quote from: SunKing on August 31, 2008, 10:57:13 AM
It's actually quite easy on most custom themes, once you understand how it's added. Where would you like it to appear? Have you already installed it via the package manager (just skipping the index.template.php error)?

EDIT: And what theme is it?
Theme is Phobos 11, and it didnt give any errors at all while installing..
Originally I just wanted it to be installed on the board index.. but I have no idea if this is possible with this one..

[unplugged]

Where would you like it displayed?

Con

Originally on the board index under the info center, but I guess at the bottom of each page can work too

[unplugged]

If you want it only in the info center on the main page, attach your BoardIndex.template.php (from Phobos, if it has one). If you want it on all pages, I can make that edit in the file you already attached. It makes no difference to me. :)

Con

Lets stick to just this file I already added, my members seem to like that more anyway. (my host doesnt.. XD)

Advertisement: