News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

transfering board to new server

Started by Mu3rt3, May 04, 2010, 04:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mu3rt3

Hi,
So i have new server now and started to transfer the smf board to new server copied the smf file itself, apache config, mysql configs and then did take copy of database with phpmyadmin and used it also to insert the database to new server.

So all looks good files are in place changed changed the database name but did correct this on Settings.php

So now when i look the board there is only blank page with following error msg:  Table 'aion_astralis.smf_settings' doesn't exist

The "Aion_astralis" is the obvious reason why it does not work but what on earth could add this prefix? As far as i know i sure havent added that kinda prefix anywhere. Note aion-astralis is the database name.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Mu3rt3

Yes tried that too no but did not fix it. Also look this screengrab it does suggest prefix although the prefix is like it should be.

adbrad

some times the host adds an extra prefix on the database for instance i called my database 1 thing and the host adds the server name on front so my database is servername-dbname

CapadY

As mentioned by yourself, "aion_astralis" is the database name.

The dot is the separator between databasename and tablename.

So, "aion_astralis.smf_settings" means table "smf_settings" in database "aion_astralis"
This have nothing to do with a false prefix :)
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Check the database properly in phpmyadmin, it seems to me that only a part of the database is restored.

Mu3rt3

Yes youre right the .sql file from the old server was broken.

Fix: I did make new sql file with webmin from the old server and used it, all worked just fine. Dunno then maybe it's something with my phpmyadmin can't test it now since that is removed from old server.

Thank you all for the help!  :)

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Advertisement: