SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbsothere

Quote from: BCK on January 14, 2010, 10:57:10 AM
i am using default no custom theme...it seemed to install fine..i have arcade in admin...uploaded cpl games..said installed also..havent recieved any errors so far,,but no way to actually get to arcade??no button,,nothing???so cant actually test anything???

Pull the index.template.php from your Themes/default directory (from your server) and when you reply to this, click Additional Options below the reply box and browse to that file.  Attach it and let me look at it.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

BCK

here it is...thx

Update...could you please highlight edits/changes , so I can see what was done and learn from this..

gbsothere

Your index.template.php file is parsed correctly.  What language is your forum set to?  (English or English-utf8, for example)?
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

BCK

English-utf8....should it be other??

gbsothere

Quote from: BCK on January 14, 2010, 11:25:48 AM
English-utf8....should it be other??

If you prefer having it set to English-utf8, that's fine, but, for now, set it to "English" and refresh your front page to see if you see the button.  If you do, and you still want to use English-utf8, then save a copy of your Modifications.english.php (the one from your server that has been edited) as Modifications.english-utf8.php and upload it to your default directory's language folder and see what happens.

(Or if you don't have a preference, just leave your forum set to English.)

:)

BCK

just english is fine,,,i set to english applied,,,went to main/home..refreshed...still no button???

gbsothere

Quote from: BCK on January 14, 2010, 11:34:17 AM
just english is fine,,,i set to english applied,,,went to main/home..refreshed...still no button???

If you'd like to set up a temporary admin account, so that I check all your settings, BCK, then send the log in details via PM and I'll take a look and see if I can spot what's going on. 

Before you do, however, it's always a good idea to take a look at this link, before providing sensitive information about your site:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=87130.msg575795#msg575795

:)

Or, if you'd rather, go to the Arcade's official site:  http://smfarcade.info and click on the Wiki link at the top for additional help. 

Edit:  Waited for a bit, but I must log off.  Someone will be by shortly, I'm sure, who can help or please do try posting at Arcade's home site.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

First, this is a marvelous mod, thanks. However, I have a minor problem that needs to be addressed, the arcade functions great with no errors in SMF error log... my problem is that I also have vbgamer's module RSS Feed Poster installed (and I apologize if this is a known bug that has already been addressed, just point me to right message as there is a ton of them to scour through) anyway, the RSS feedposter requires me to run a cron job from my host to operate properly and as I said earlier, the problem I'm about to show you is a MINOR one because everything still seems to operate properly with all installed mods on my SMF 2.0 RC2 production site...

The following pic is a snapshot from the status email I get when the cron job does its job 24 times a day, the part circled in purple only started appearing after installing SMF Arcade yesterday... there is another error msg down below what is pictured here but it's related to a different mod with the same problem as this one...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

KensonPlays

Quote from: Bigguy on December 29, 2009, 11:19:21 AM
So you have checked ownership of files and folders as well. ???

Yes, all "777"...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Also have a minor little glitch in the game listing display, how do I replace the box with either a space or a faded out star? Just guessing but I would say that if I had 3 star rating on one it would display two of those ugly boxes, have had to make some minor adjustments to a couple games' screen sizes, but everything is actually functioning quite nicely with no error in SMF logs

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

SA™

thats just missing an image attached is the image

goes into

Themes/default/images
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Quote from: Sleepy Arcade on January 17, 2010, 01:43:28 AM
thats just missing an image attached is the image

goes into

Themes/default/images

Mucho thanks, image issue resolved
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Mr. Jinx

Dutch Translation for Arcade 2.5 RC1

Arcade 2.5 RC1 Dutch language files
Arcade 2.5 RC1 Dutch UTF8 language files

Instructions:
This translation is for SMF Arcade 2.5 RC1
To install, simply extract these files in your language directory.
For example, put them in : /site/forum/Themes/default/languages/
After this you may have to clear your SMF cache (Forum Maintenance > Routine > Empty the cache file)
NOTE: Do not overwrite your existing 'Modifications.dutch.php' or 'Modifications.dutch-utf.php' file but add the contents from the 'Modifications.dutch.txt.php' or ''Modifications.dutch-utf8.txt.php' file.

Have fun!

jeza

QuoteThe following pic is a snapshot from the status email I get when the cron job does its job 24 times a day, the part circled in purple only started appearing after installing SMF Arcade yesterday

The only thing I can think of is your cron job files may have had their chmod changed when installing.

Quote from: jeza on January 17, 2010, 07:36:22 AM
QuoteThe following pic is a snapshot from the status email I get when the cron job does its job 24 times a day, the part circled in purple only started appearing after installing SMF Arcade yesterday

The only thing I can think of is your cron job files may have had their chmod changed when installing.

That could be it, will know for sure at top of hour when the job runs... the cronrss.php file did have a funky chmod setting, changed it to 755 and we'll see in about 15 minutes... thanks
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Mick.

Hmmm....odd.    I finally got around to load the arcade for RC2 since i upgraded from 1.1.11

Funny that now i cannot save scores and the games itself look a lot smaller than before when i had it on 1.1.11

Quote from: bperry921 on January 17, 2010, 07:48:55 AM
Quote from: jeza on January 17, 2010, 07:36:22 AM

That could be it, will know for sure at top of hour when the job runs... the cronrss.php file did have a funky chmod setting, changed it to 755 and we'll see in about 15 minutes... thanks

Well that didn't work, msg still remains in email from cron job...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

jeza

Quote from: BlueDevil on January 17, 2010, 11:50:48 AM
Hmmm....odd.    I finally got around to load the arcade for RC2 since i upgraded from 1.1.11

Funny that now i cannot save scores and the games itself look a lot smaller than before when i had it on 1.1.11

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=6686.0

I would sell my own Grandma to be able to replicate this problem.
But I have never been able to, if I could then I could find a real answer to this very irritating issue.

jeza

QuoteWell that didn't work, msg still remains in email from cron job...

The arcade, in no other way, interferes with operations such as cron jobs.
I think its time to contact your hose and ask them whats changed.

If you get an answer then please let me know as this is intriguing.

Quote from: jeza on January 17, 2010, 12:27:33 PM
QuoteWell that didn't work, msg still remains in email from cron job...

The arcade, in no other way, interferes with operations such as cron jobs.
I think its time to contact your hose and ask them whats changed.

If you get an answer then please let me know as this is intriguing.

Won't be today, been up all night playing on the system tweaking this and that just having a great time, but let you know what I find out after I talk to them... must sleep soon
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Advertisement: