i need don't allow new user pm

Started by DilSe, May 14, 2009, 05:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DilSe

hello to all

i need  help plz.....

when is coming new user he don't making pm before 100or 80 post it's posebale if posebale plz help me how do i can..

DilSe

any body have help for me plz..i wand lemate for pm another user
when new user want pm must he have 80 post he don't allow before 80 psost
send pm  another user  same like this I mean

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi :)

No need for a mod. Just go to your admin panel, and find the permissions for different membergroups. Then through the post count group permissions, just DENY sending PM's from the post count groups you want. :) If you don't have suitable post count groups, make more :D
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

DilSe

Thanks sir
but plz ...did you men

Admin>membersgroups> Add group

plz help from ware i make suitable post count groups..plz  sir

redsc

if you create the groups you want..

and if for example if you want members under 15 posts not to able to send / receieve pms then you go to permissions and then toggle it to your needs per member group.

I have this in place too and help provents spam etc..

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Hanzalah on May 14, 2009, 09:21:15 AM
Thanks sir
but plz ...did you men

Admin>membersgroups> Add group

plz help from ware i make suitable post count groups..plz  sir
Sorry you had to wait. But yes, You can either use the already existing post count based groups to limit permissions based on post count, or you can add new levels of post counts to customize the post count limits for different permissions.

By default you should already have a group for members with 0-100 posts (if I remember correctly) so that group is the one I'd suggest changing the permissions for. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

DilSe

yes sir Thanks

but plz sir u explain me from where i have to change post 's recurment same likefull member post 150 from ware i change ...sorry for this Q..sir

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Sorry - Couldn't quite understand your question.

But if you go to Admin -> Permissions

And select modify on your newbie group ( The postcount group for 0 posts )
You should be able to put "Send personal messages" on DENY.
Then before the next post count group, they will not be able to send PM's. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

DilSe

sir when i m go Admin> Permissions

sir thare is no newbie .group show

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Lower than those, you should have post count based groups :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

fiver

Hi LexArma,

I need your help on a related issue.

If Group4 (with 180 post) can send PM, and they send it to a member under Group3 (less then 180 posts and PM not allowed), then member under Group3 will get a message saying 1 PM Waiting.

How to block it at the point when Group4 is writing PM? and tell them "Sorry you cannot add this member to the To box because the recipient cannot access PM".

This will prevent the message from being sent out, and prevent those who cannot PM from constantly asking why they have 1 PM Waiting.

Thanks alot. Appreciate your help.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I think you could do this by setting the inbox size limit for groups under group3, then groups allowed to send PM would get a notification that the receivers inbox is full.... Although I'm not sure at the moment, if you can set the limit to 0....
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

fiver

Thanks for the suggestion.
I just recall something - putting an * in the ignorelist - but that means I have to do that for all members through database.
Do you think that will work?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That would work, but would also block incoming PM's for those that go over the post limit as well.. So I wouldn't recommend that... Would cause confusion for sure...
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

DilSe

Advertisement: