News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Login and registration Issues - smf V 1.1.10

Started by Nandan_15, October 07, 2009, 09:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nandan_15

Hi,

i want to integrate the smf v 1.1.10 in to a website. the website have member registration for own purposes .

What i need that the same login details can use for the forum login. That means when a member logged in he is also find himself as logged in for forum, we do not want to use the forum own login and registration, want to remove that part.

Please need help asap...

Arantor

Nandan_15

Quote from: Arantor on October 07, 2009, 10:15:53 AM
Well, you'd start off with SSI Readme, How do I integrate SMF into my PHP coded website? and How to use the SMF user system outside of SMF

Once you have that working, we can get into removing the login pages from SMF.

Thanks for the help. I improved myself  a lot..

Actually i dont want to use the SMF user system. I have the site own user system. Site have the login . what i need when user login in the site he found himself loggedin in the forum. we want to remove the SMF login,registration, edit profile because this is already in our site, Just want our site users can use the forum by the site login details.

its very urgent ..

any  help will be greatly appreciated Please..

Arantor

Well, what about user ids? Are you intending to populate the SMF tables with user ids from your existing site?

Nandan_15

Quote from: Arantor on October 08, 2009, 11:10:21 AM
Well, what about user ids? Are you intending to populate the SMF tables with user ids from your existing site?

I am describing what i want....

when forums starts i put all the existing user details in to the forum member table as well .The ids are auto increment primary no. yes we put the same ids in to the forum table.

Now from that moment when a user starts registering in to our main site i also save the details in to the forum member table as well.

i remove the registration , edit profile part from  forum, These are already in the main site.

Now come to login, when a user login to main site i need the script such that it will also set (sessions cookies whats so ever) forum login, so that he got himself logged in for forum or may be he first logged in to forum and will find himself logged in for main site. Similar case for logout.

I have my login/logout . In that i need to change the script such that it will also set (login/logout for forum) and vise versa(Means in the forum i need to change the script that it will login/logout for main site).

Help for that ..Also i dont want the session length in the forum. and want the captcha for posting comments/reply(For spam) ..

Arantor

Basically you want to replace the contents of LogInOut.php then to merge them with your existing code.

The forum does have examples of doing this, also search for using the integration hooks (and we do have a board dedicated to Portals, Bridges and Integrations where you would likely get better support of such changes)

Advertisement: