Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

It should using Version Emulate - Go ahead and try it, assuming you don't get any errors - proceed. But make sure to backup your files and database prior to doing so.

fahadtariq73

omgitsbob12

I made another rep block to add onto the green how would I go about extended the limit and using this orange one?

melanie1986

Awesome work Labradoodle. We are having trouble installing it apparently. My tech guy wants to know this

QuoteFind out if/when there'll be an update for 2.0.5, and if there is a compatibility pack for non-Curve themes in the works.

Matthew K.

There will not be an update to Advanced Reputation System until SMF 2.1. As of now, the last released version of Advanced Reputation System is the last version until SMF 2.1.

melanie1986

kat

This applies, Mel. :)

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on June 09, 2013, 07:13:33 PM
It should using Version Emulate - Go ahead and try it, assuming you don't get any errors - proceed. But make sure to backup your files and database prior to doing so.

To do the emulation thing, click "Advanced", during the installation.

melanie1986

thank K@ I'll get onto it and let you know how it goes :D

kat

Ta! :)

Do backup, first, though. Click my sig, for the "How?", if you aren't sure. :)

melanie1986

Oh I've learned that lesson well Lol... back up now twice a week and also every time we add something :D

Ventic

itdoesnt work properly.
it shows in profile summary the karma's name and in topic doesnt add reputation points i give.

Ventic

I am giving someone one reputation point,and in profile ->summary at reputation:0 from 0 it doesnt goes +1,and at view reputation it shwos that i dissagred why?
ps:that happen only to my forum,not in test forum

tatack

Hello, anyone test it on 2.0 RC3?

Fail on:

./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php
./Sources/Display.php

Arantor

2.0 RC3 is now some years old, and has a number of security holes. You should upgrade to 2.0.6 (which includes every fix from 2.0 RC4, 2.0 RC5, 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.3, 2.0.4 and 2.0.5)

tatack

Quote from: Arantor on November 13, 2013, 12:19:52 PM
2.0 RC3 is now some years old, and has a number of security holes. You should upgrade to 2.0.6 (which includes every fix from 2.0 RC4, 2.0 RC5, 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.3, 2.0.4 and 2.0.5)

I know, but I have Simple Portal installed and some other modifications. I'm not very able in upgrade so I have fear to wrong something and let the forum unusable.

Matthew K.

If you are worried about upgrading...you can create a separate topic and people can walk you through the process and help you ensure nothing goes wrong. Really, nothing should. But you should backup and have someone help you if you are not comfortable still.

KungFuJoe

Sorry if this has already been asked but is there a way to make it so that posts made in boards set to NOT bump your post count (I have an off topic thread that gets a ton of activity, but it's used almost like a chat system) also don't bump up your rep?

I like the idea of adding rep for posts to encourage activity, but I'd like to make it so it only affects rep when posts/threads are made in boards that "count".

sdkid

Quote from: kungfujoe on December 26, 2013, 06:46:15 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked but is there a way to make it so that posts made in boards set to NOT bump your post count (I have an off topic thread that gets a ton of activity, but it's used almost like a chat system) also don't bump up your rep?

I like the idea of adding rep for posts to encourage activity, but I'd like to make it so it only affects rep when posts/threads are made in boards that "count".
Yes.  That can be done through permissions on the board.

KungFuJoe

Quote from: sdkid on January 08, 2014, 02:44:47 PM
Quote from: kungfujoe on December 26, 2013, 06:46:15 PM

Yes.  That can be done through permissions on the board.

Can you show me how to set that?  I looked in Board permissions but couldn't find anything regarding rep.

I know you can set a board to NOT bump up post count (check box when you modify a board) but even though it doesn't count towards your post count, it still bumps up your rep whenever you post in said board.

Advertisement: