AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[unplugged]

« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

joseflor

My menu is also missed and the Admin area does not show the text for the ajaxchat. See image...
How did you fix this problem

Quote from: BliXem on January 24, 2010, 06:57:37 AM
Hi there, this is really an awesome mod!  I however have a few problems, my Chat button is missing.  I have manually installed the files as required on both my default and custom theme.  The button still wont show in the navigation menu.

I am running smf 1.1.11

Packages installed:

Mod Name                                  Version     
1.    SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update    1.0    
2.    Steam Freinds Status Mod    1.0    
3.    SMF Gallery Lite                    2.0.12    
4.    AjaxChat Integration            3.2.1    
5.    SimplePortal                            2.3.1

Could someone plz assist me in this regard.

[unplugged]

You need to make sure all of the language strings were added to your theme's language files.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

joseflor

Thank you,
How do I do that your I do I see that?

Quote from: SunKing on March 06, 2010, 06:15:37 AM
You need to make sure all of the language strings were added to your theme's language files.

[unplugged]

Open your default theme's language folder and copy Shout.english.php over to your custom theme's language folder.

joseflor

It is in the default theme's language folder, see  the image. I use the default theme in my forum. I may not understand it well.

[unplugged]

The only other thing I can think of would be clearing your site's cache from within the admin area. I know sometimes you have to do this to get new language strings to show up by flushing the old ones.

joseflor

Quote from: SunKing on March 06, 2010, 07:06:51 AM
The only other thing I can think of would be clearing your site's cache from within the admin area. I know sometimes you have to do this to get new language strings to show up by flushing the old ones.
Is it safe to do? Or may I risk to loss anything?

[unplugged]

Clearing the cache will not harm your site. Everything that is in the cache currently, will be replaced again.

joseflor

I have no cache level. I am going to select it to level one to see.

Later edit:
O SMF não conseguiu detectar nenhum acelerador compatível no seu servidor.
This means that my server does not have any compatible accelerator. More or less this words.

[unplugged]

You want to go to Admin > Maintenance > Routine > Empty File Cache (or something very similar to that). I am not exactly sure where this can be found in SMF1.1.11.

RoyalMess

Quote from: Sabre™ on March 05, 2010, 11:32:05 PM
It seems he may be asking you how to also remove the copyright in the chat room...
tsk tsk

Ajax is a bad word.
We're all football supporters here in this city and on my site hate Ajax so yes, we would like  to remove any Ajax word even if possible in the root files.
Ajax is just ******, so if it means removing the copyright etc. yes we want it to be gone.
Nothing is worse then the word Ajax.

[unplugged]

Quote from: RoyalMess on March 06, 2010, 07:34:36 AM
Ajax is a bad word.
We're all football supporters here in this city and on my site hate Ajax so yes, we would like  to remove any Ajax word even if possible in the root files.
Ajax is just ******, so if it means removing the copyright etc. yes we want it to be gone.

Bad word or not, it's the copyright, which cannot legally be removed.

RoyalMess

Quote from: SunKing on March 06, 2010, 07:44:40 AM
Quote from: RoyalMess on March 06, 2010, 07:34:36 AM
Ajax is a bad word.

Bad word or not, it's the copyright, which cannot legally be removed.

Blegh ah well i'll just ignore it then :(
As you can see we get a white line at the top when i change the name in the Language File.

Hatari

Quote from: SunKing on March 06, 2010, 07:32:12 AM
You want to go to Admin > Maintenance > Routine > Empty File Cache (or something very similar to that). I am not exactly sure where this can be found in SMF1.1.11.

1.1.11 does not have a File cache in maintenance it has

Optimize all tables to improve performance.
Check all files against current versions.
Find and repair any errors.
Recount all forum totals and statistics.
Empty out unimportant logs.
Convert the database and data to UTF-8

Hope that helps SunKing :)

[unplugged]

Thank you very much Hatari! I am spoiled with 2.0 RC2...hehehehe

Glowbot

:)
Hi.
I have installed this packages, looked around in all the areas in the admin panel to no avail for ways to enable it (I see shoutbox, but that's it) I can't see and 'permissions' to check like the FAQ says.
I still cannot see a button or get into the chat, or see any change in the forum.

I use smf 1.1.11 and Dilber MC Theme by HarzeM if that makes a difference.

What should I do please?

[unplugged]

The permissions are going to be in the regular SMF permissions area, not a chat admin area. Have you made the manual edits to the template files for DilberMC? The package installer only installs to the default theme, so any .template.php that the mod edits, you'll have to manually make those same edits to the .template.php of your custom theme.

Hatari

Quote from: SunKing on March 06, 2010, 12:16:22 PM
Thank you very much Hatari! I am spoiled with 2.0 RC2...hehehehe

Not had the guts to move to RC2 too worried about problems on the conversion. :)

Glowbot

Quote from: SunKing on March 06, 2010, 01:15:46 PM
The permissions are going to be in the regular SMF permissions area, not a chat admin area. Have you made the manual edits to the template files for DilberMC? The package installer only installs to the default theme, so any .template.php that the mod edits, you'll have to manually make those same edits to the .template.php of your custom theme.

ah, no I haven't. I am scared to lol. I know that there is something about 'parse' but I don't know how to get into the manual edits for DilberMC... is this in the "current theme" css area?

I switched to the default core theme and it was working btw, so this is probably the problem right?
So, I clicked on the drop down box that said parse for smf 1.1.11... and what do I do now with this stuff? do I post ALL of this into the areas?
I notice it is just for 1.1.11, and nothing to do with DilberMC (my theme) is something else required for a custom theme?

re: the permissions area
there is nothing in this area, members>permissions... what am I supposed to do there?

Advertisement: