News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

Quote from: cwd1031 on March 13, 2009, 11:15:34 AM
Mrtrc266,
Thx for the info about the user timing out of chat if they dont log out. Also thx for the tip about making a board for private chat also. That was my intention is some user's have "higher rights" than others. So this well help out a real lot. And thx again for the great mod, my user's are already expressing how much they are loving this since we added it the other day.    cheers Christian :)

Glad I could help, thank Hunter for the great MOD though, I just love it would like to see it on ALL SMF Boards out there and am happy to help however I can ;)

mrtrc266

@ SunKing I think I remember seeing this problem before and it might be a server issue. You'll have to look back through the posts. I just logged into your site and I can't see any user info in the chatroom, no users in chat...nothing.

I would try uninstalling the MOD and drop the tables from your DB and try to reinstall again.

[unplugged]

OK. Thank you.

EDIT: I have read 39 pages and seen a few references to this along with possible solutions. Unfortunately, none of them worked.
I have dropped the tables from the database. No change. I also noticed that the collation for the AJAX Chat tables is set at utf8_bin while all other tables are set at utf8_general_ci. I changed these but no help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. No change. I am at a loss.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Killer-B

Wow - never had a mod/hack like this install so easily - and WORK out of the box with a 3rd party theme! Great! I'm so happy :D "Chat" shows up in my portal and forum and didn't have to make any mods! yaaaaaa!

Now, that said, as a previous poster asked... How can I show the chat/shoutbox using  SimplePortal? I don't see any "default" boxes... so will assume I'll have to write my own link or something... I've asked about this on both AjaxC and SimplePortals sites - but got no response.... Would be the last piece of the puzzle for me!!

www.f-1chat.com if you can offer some suggestions?

Thanks!

KB
SMF 2.0RC1

discjocke

I had issues some time back ago installing Ajax Chat which brought down my forum. I'm going to try it again. I'm a novice at this, so I need some input.

Question: Can I install it via my package manager, or should I manually install it. My concern with manually installing it is, the last part that has to do with the query part is foreign to me on what to do with them. My main concern is, if I can install it using my package manager, do I have to do anything in my file manager before I install it? Thanks.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

completely odd.. this will not install correct on easyphp 2.0b  it does nothing..

in order for me to get it in, its the manual.. but its all good.. thanks..  ;)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

filipes

I am having a problem with my Chat, only me that can write in the chat box, the rest of the people can not do it, why? :'(

Killer-B

Quote from: discjocke on March 14, 2009, 02:58:42 AM
I had issues some time back ago installing Ajax Chat which brought down my forum. I'm going to try it again. I'm a novice at this, so I need some input.

Question: Can I install it via my package manager, or should I manually install it. My concern with manually installing it is, the last part that has to do with the query part is foreign to me on what to do with them. My main concern is, if I can install it using my package manager, do I have to do anything in my file manager before I install it? Thanks.

It's a complete stand-alone app - you cannot install via "packages" as it's not written specifically for SMF - you have to read the manual that comes with it... and upload via FTP and run a URL install - by itself...

After that, you'll have a /forum/chat tree... and then using THIS mod (which you do install via SMF) it ties to the 2 together... or did for me! - See www.f-1chat.com - it even shows the "chat" button on the main portal page header... Still need to sort out how to "box" it on the portal Index page... but otherwise, I had no issue with SMF2.0RC1

GL-

KB
SMF 2.0RC1

Killer-B

Quote from: filipes on March 14, 2009, 06:38:38 AM
I am having a problem with my Chat, only me that can write in the chat box, the rest of the people can not do it, why? :'(

Are the others "Logged in" to the Forum site?
SMF 2.0RC1

Smoky "Rider" Blue

hmm well i had no problems manually doing this.. thing is, its not showing a shout in the shout box..

everything is showing up, yet i get this to go to the intergrated chat on my local:

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Line Number 2, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
^

on a custom theme.. now:

online, i have no issues getting it to work with the default.

since then i dropped the tables for it and popped em up in the local, but yet the local doesnt want to work. at least for the shout box.. maybe it is in the settings. still tinkering with it..

Quote from: Killer-B on March 14, 2009, 07:00:31 AM
It's a complete stand-alone app - you cannot install via "packages" as it's not written specifically for SMF - you have to read the manual that comes with it... and upload via FTP and run a URL install - by itself...

After that, you'll have a /forum/chat tree... and then using THIS mod (which you do install via SMF) it ties to the 2 together... or did for me! - See www.f-1chat.com - it even shows the "chat" button on the main portal page header... Still need to sort out how to "box" it on the portal Index page... but otherwise, I had no issue with SMF2.0RC1

GL-

KB

funny, it installed on line with no issues.. thru the package manager, 1.1.8 ;)but yet you are saying its a stand alone??  :o

i didnt see a "manual" only the read me, which says:

By Shahriar Gholami
This mod will install AjaxChat on your smf.

Tested on freshly installed smf 1.1.8/2 RC1

Features:
Adds a button to chat system in default theme.
restrict access to chat to your desired groups.
chat in a pop up page or a regular page.

Shows the number of chating users in:
    1. Online Users section.
    2. Beside of chat button.
    3. Below of total time logged in.
    number 2 and 3 can disabled.

adds a shoutbox.(you can disable it)
    restrict access to shout box to your desired groups.
    can set to only in index page or all pages.
    compatible with your theme.
    Bold Italic Underline bb codes and smiley.
    collapsible.
    can integrate shout box and chat room and work together and show same conversation.

better documentation would be nice for the mod..  O:)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

.HuNTeR.

@Killer-B
supporting simple Portal and tiny Portal will add but i need some time

@discjocke
in new version package manager will do all the things
the only thing you should do is manually add some code in BoardIndex.template.php
and
index.template.php
only in third party themes
no upload/download or file running only upload in package manager and smf package manager
will do the rest ;)

@SmokyBlue
I've seen this problem before on 3rd party themes
you should go to
chat/lib/config.php
and
shoutBox/lib/config.php

and change:
$config['contentType'] = null;
to
$config['contentType'] = "text/html";
in both files
i think this will fix XML Parsing Error

and for what Killer-B said
all of previous version's of this mod has a manual installation part
but in new version i changed it and now the package manager do all the needed parts

@filipes
did you gave them chat access permission?

filipes

Did you gave them chat access permission? How can I do that? :(

mrtrc266

@ filipes

Go to Admin/Permissions/ and select the Member Group that you want to have access, and check  Access to chat & Use shoutBox.

filipes

One more time thanks it works, remember me for my chat that I whant like yours ;)
Obrigado :)

mrtrc266

Quote from: filipes on March 14, 2009, 10:23:00 AM
One more time thanks it works, remember me for my chat that I whant like yours ;)
Obrigado :)

I'm workin on getting mine back to the way it was also, there were a few changes in the latest version. You can see the progress here http://www.monsters-mansion.com/testrc1/index.php

Username: test
Password: testuser

EDIT: Done...I will take a look at yours in a day or so

wardeh

I am getting a Wordpress 404 Not Found error with the upgrade of AJAX Chat.

I think it has to do with my installation structure.

Website runs on Wordpress in the root folder: www.my-website.com [nofollow]
Forums in a subfolder: www.my-website.com/forums [nofollow]

I got no such error on the previous version of AJAXChat.

Any ideas?

I'd really like to be able to use the new features (especially the pop-up). If If I can't use the new version, can someone tell me how to make the Chat be a pop-up or new window?

Also, how can I add a link in the Chat back to Forums?

Thanks!

[unplugged]

Still no word on my issue? I have tried everything I know of (which isn't much  :P) and have yet to get it working.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Shadow03

Two problems (the second one is pretty long).

1. Nobody (including myself) can post in the shoutbox for some reason.

2. When I try to access the chat, I get the following errors on the page:

Strict Standards: Non-static method AJAXChatFileSystem::getFileContents() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ubercow/public_html/bbshrine/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatTemplate.php on line 37

Strict Standards: Non-static method AJAXChatEncoding::htmlEncode() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ubercow/public_html/bbshrine/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 2858

Strict Standards: Non-static method AJAXChatEncoding::encodeSpecialChars() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ubercow/public_html/bbshrine/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatEncoding.php on line 53

Strict Standards: Non-static method AJAXChatEncoding::getSpecialChars() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ubercow/public_html/bbshrine/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatEncoding.php on line 81

Strict Standards: Non-static method AJAXChatEncoding::htmlEncode() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ubercow/public_html/bbshrine/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 2858

Strict Standards: Non-static method AJAXChatEncoding::encodeSpecialChars() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ubercow/public_html/bbshrine/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatEncoding.php on line 53

Strict Standards: Non-static method AJAXChatEncoding::getSpecialChars() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ubercow/public_html/bbshrine/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatEncoding.php on line 81

*SHOUTBOX IS HERE*

Notice: Constant AJAX_CHAT_PATH already defined in /home/ubercow/public_html/bbshrine/forum/chat/index.php on line 38

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class AJAXChat in /home/ubercow/public_html/bbshrine/forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 11

*CHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN HERE IF IT WORKED*

discjocke

Quote from: .HuNTeR. on March 14, 2009, 08:49:05 AM

@discjocke
in new version package manager will do all the things
the only thing you should do is manually add some code in BoardIndex.template.php
and
index.template.php
only in third party themes
no upload/download or file running only upload in package manager and smf package manager
will do the rest ;)

That's the part I'm concerned on doing, is inserting in BoardIndex.template.php and
index.template.php.  I'm not sure in what section of the file to enter the codes. I also don't know what to add into the files.

It would be nice if I can just let package manager do it all. Unfortunately, of what I read, it's not the case. Any assistance would be appreciated. I do know how to edit in file manager. Where do I get more info on installation?

Killer-B

Quote from: Killer-B on March 14, 2009, 07:00:31 AM

GL-

KB

Quote from: smokybluefunny, it installed on line with no issues.. thru the package manager, 1.1.8 ;)but yet you are saying its a stand alone??  :o

i didnt see a "manual" only the read me, which says:

better documentation would be nice for the mod..  O:)

Sorry for the confusion Smoky - but discjocke was asking about installing the Ajax Chat software - not this mod....

Quote"I had issues some time back ago installing Ajax Chat which brought down my forum. I'm going to try it again. I'm a novice at this, so I need some input."

As AjaxChat is a stand-alone app... and there is a ton of documentation on their sourceforge site...

Cheers -

KB
SMF 2.0RC1

Advertisement: