jQLightbox

Started by slinouille, January 29, 2009, 01:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pentaxian

Quote from: slinouille on January 29, 2009, 01:15:28 AM

Introduction
The mod adds a real lightbox feature to all images in your forum.

Does this mod really add a lightbox to ALL images? I installed this mod on a testcopy in SMF 2.0 RC1 of my forum on my own Mac . The forum is filled with pictures, linked ([img]http:\\ etc[\img]) from photobucket, picasaweb, tinypic etc and the mod doesn't do anything at all.
Is that right or should this mod work on those images?

The error log produces messages like:
8: Undefined index: jqlightbox_allowresize
Bestand: /Users/RvB/Sites/Sources/Load.php
Regel: 1491
Error type not defined

slinouille

Hum ... have you read previous posts ?

Nevertheless, NO this mod can't make "lightboxable" images host-linked. Indeed those images are "links" ... so that the core of the lightbox can't "work" on the image file on the server. You need actually to have the images on the server where smf is.

As I said before, I'll try (if it's possible) to improve the mod to make that possible but actually I've got doubts on such a possibility.

By the way, release 0.3 is available ... correcting undefined index error in the log and adding 4 themes to the lightbox  ;)

SliN

Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

Chandy

Great work slinouille thx  :).

Any chance of this works in 1.1.8 version ?

Thx in advanced.

slinouille

@aishaweb: yes it works with slimbox library but it can't resize big images. My choice was to use a library that could resize big images. My mod will soon be able to load host linked image ... just be patient ;)

@Chandy: Thank you ... but sorry no chance on my side at least ... but if someone wants to do it SMF1x, he/she is welcome :)
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

w0lfman

Quote from: slinouille on February 07, 2009, 02:07:51 AM
Quote from: w0lfman on February 03, 2009, 06:38:19 PM
Installing on defaul theme and get the following message...

QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.
You have tried to install this mod on a version of SMF that is not supported ;)
slinouille, i'm installing it on 1.1.7 default forum.  I'm confused?

Pentaxian

Quote from: slinouille on February 18, 2009, 03:22:43 AM
....My choice was to use a library that could resize big images. My mod will soon be able to load host linked image ... just be patient ;)

If it's any help to you, on the website www.pentaxforums.com (not my site) they use an 'application' called Thickbox in vBulletin that works perfect on hotlinked images.
Keep up the good work!

AlenNS

Could you add something for watermark our images with this mod?

slinouille

@wolfman: no you should only install that mod on SMF2

@Pentaxian: thank you for your tip ... I'm only using Thickbox3 for forms ... but why not for images also ;)

@AlenNS: it's actually one thing I'm thinking about ... I'm doing some test on that but currently I didn't succeed.

Thank you for your inputs :)
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

AlenNS

Thanks for the answer slinouille.
I have one problem.
When the picture is higher then my browser is then top and the bottom of that picture couldn't be seen and when I try to scroll down or up, browser takes me back on the middle of the picture.
And I have tried to set in mod settings both option ( fit to user screen and don't fit ).

oistarbwoy

this mod doesnt work for me i am using the latest smf.

theres no error no gliche no nothing... all i know is despite it being enabled and all the settings done... i have no lightbox.

am i missing something really ovbvious?

dystemper

loved your plugin, but i recently discovered there is a conflict with another very popular mod -- nneonneo's AJAX shoutbox (version 1.22), both advanced and simple (mod link: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=585).

while your plugin works fine, it disrupts nneonneo's shoutbox functionality. i've alerted nneonneo to this also. since you both have done excellent work, hopefully this can be resolved in the future, so i can use both eventually. ;)

cheers.

AlenNS

Quote from: AlenNS on February 23, 2009, 05:52:41 PM
Could you add something for watermark our images with this mod?

slinouille

@AlenNS : concerning the watermark, I don't think I'll be able to do that ... I've not found any jquery scripts for watermark images ... but as soon I found one, I'll do that option.
Concerning the "fit to screen" option, yes you're right ... some images are not "fited" ... very strange, I'll do an upgrade as soon as I found a correction.

@dystemper : thank you for comment. Strange that it corrupts NAS ... it should not ... I've tried when developing my mod but it was not the version 1.22 of NAS but an older one, perhaps some new coding inside ... I'll check ;)

@oistarbwoy : strange, perhaps a problem with another mod, or an option that is not enabled ?

SliN
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

AlenNS

slinouille

New version 0.5 is available.
It corrects the "fit to screen" feature and compatibility with nneonneo's AJAX shoutbox is okay

Enjoy!

SliN
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

Pentaxian

I installed version 0.5.1 on my testsite and it reports installation OK but nothing happens with the pictures. This still doesn't work with hotlinked images?

slinouille

Quote from: Pentaxian on April 20, 2009, 09:58:24 AM
I installed version 0.5.1 on my testsite and it reports installation OK but nothing happens with the pictures. This still doesn't work with hotlinked images?
No it's not working with hostlinked images ... one day ;)
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

Pentaxian

I will be waiting. Thanks for the quick reply!

slinouille

I was thinking about it and ... one important thing is that jQLightbox is working with the thumbnails that are attached to posts.
So if no attached image, then no lightbox is possible.

Humm ... we'll see how to manage that

:)
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

Advertisement: