News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Problem Importing Database Backup

Started by Goss, November 24, 2010, 07:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goss

I've been trying to get a test/mirror forum set up so that I can test out updates and such before making them live on my forum.  I used the CPanel to download a backup of my forum's database.  I set up a new, empty database and have been using PuTTY to try and import my database into that.  However, I keep getting the following error:
QuoteERROR 1062 (23000) at line 13480: Duplicate entry '9-83' for key 'PRIMARY'

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC4.  Any ideas?

kat

Have you tried repairing the database?

Goss

I just checked and it didn't find any errors.

kat

Did you repair from CPanel, or within SMF?

What if you import from CPanel, rather than using Putty?

Goss

I repaired from the option in SMF.  When you say CPanel, do you mean PHPmyAdmin?  I'd always assumed CPanel referred to the Admin Center on SMF, so I'm a bit confused.

Deaks

Quote from: Goss on November 25, 2010, 01:27:30 PM
I repaired from the option in SMF.  When you say CPanel, do you mean PHPmyAdmin? 

yes he does :)

we all say Admin Panel when we refer to the admin panel or even AP :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Goss

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.  I tried importing through PHPmyAdmin, but it failed due to the file size being too big.  My database backup is 35.4mb, which is why I was using PuTTY in the first place.  Any other ideas?

kat

Actually, I don't mean phpmyadmin. I mean CPanel, in general.

If you go to CPanel>Databases>MySQL®Databases, you'll see a "Repair" option, in there.

Goss

Actually, my host apparently doesn't use CPanel.  I'm looking at my Databases page, but I don't see any repair option.  Just lets me create a new database or Add a user, restore database, modify database, delete database for the existing ones.  And then there's a button to enter phpMyAdmin.

I'm using Dreamhost

kat

Quote from: Goss on November 24, 2010, 07:33:03 PMI used the CPanel to download a backup of my forum's database.

You can see why I thought you had CPanel. ;)

Well, if your host doesn't supply you with such a tool, maybe they can repair it, for you?

Goss

Haha, yeah, that was my misunderstanding on terms and stuff I've seen floating around.  I'll check with my host on the repair thing.  Hopefully that will fix the issue, since an unusable backup is kind of useless.  XD

kat

If you get it sorted, please can you mark this as "Solved"?

Paul_Pauline

There should be an option to repair the tables in phpMyAdmin.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Norv

You may want to try emptying the tables [your_database_prefix]_log_search_* (please use "empty", do not drop them! and ONLY those with _log_search_ in the name) in phpmyadmin or another database client, then take a backup again.

ETA: keep your old (not working well) backup in ANY case. It is usable, with a little tweak, if really necessary.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Goss

Emptying the log_search_* tables worked perfectly.  Thank you!

fatmacheto

Could you explain in a more simple where and how these tables [your_database_prefix]_log_search_  can be modified.I am new in databases and have the same problems.Thanks!

Illori

please open a new topic for your issue.

Advertisement: