News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Lucien]

Quote from: SA™ on June 24, 2011, 03:01:00 PM
@[Lucien] can you post up your facebookhooks.php pls

I have the file for you, thank you for helping out :)
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

Nikhil P Naik

maybe u forgot to repair this... i had told u about it earlier... whenever i click on publish.. i get the following error

Fatal error: Uncaught CurlException: 6: name lookup timed out thrown in /home/freeforu/public_html/facebookauth/base_facebook.php on line 759

IS THER SOMETHING U CAN DO TO HELP?

SA™

can you try this pls in tha file change
$FaceBookEmail = $userInfo[0]['contact_email'];
to
$FaceBookEmail = !empty($userInfo[0]['contact_email']) ? $userInfo[0]['contact_email'] : $userInfo[0]['proxied_email'];

Quote from: [Lucien] on June 25, 2011, 07:56:59 AM
Quote from: SA™ on June 24, 2011, 03:01:00 PM
@[Lucien] can you post up your facebookhooks.php pls

I have the file for you, thank you for helping out :)

this was fixed in the latest revision?
Quote from: funforum on June 25, 2011, 09:35:27 AM
maybe u forgot to repair this... i had told u about it earlier... whenever i click on publish.. i get the following error

Fatal error: Uncaught CurlException: 6: name lookup timed out thrown in /home/freeforu/public_html/facebookauth/base_facebook.php on line 759

IS THER SOMETHING U CAN DO TO HELP?

http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Nikhil P Naik

no it wasnt fixed... plz help... hv attached the file!

SA™

it certanly works for me on my test site can i have a link to your site?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

tectonny

I'll have to uninstall because my records stopped and no solution.

Nikhil P Naik

http://funforum.in/index.php?topic=1.0

ther is a publish option there.. i dont know whether guests can see it or not...

plz help~!

bluejay51

We are using SMF 2.0 (final) with the default theme. I'm just wondering... in the config section of the Facebook Integration plugin, there is a form to add a one-time Facebook access token. Are we supposed to add the entire token (ie; access_token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) or do we just add the number and leave the "access_token=" part off?.

Thanks, BJ
Community operated support group for people living with anxiety disorders.
http://www.anxietyzone.com

boosh1

I'm using the Helios Multi theme on my forum which I realise is pretty non standard compared to most themes. I installed the mod and it works flawlessly on my other themes but on Helios Multi the mod still works, but some of the important features like the like button and the invite friends section just doesn't work at all. This is my main theme and I'm not going to change it and I've spent days trying a few edits here and there. But no luck.

Are there known issues with this theme or themes like it?

I also have your chat mod installed and that suffers the same problem, fine on all other themes.

I can Pm you the link if you want a look.

SimpleJoe

Nice mod, but it seems the only way this works is to allow guests access to the forum? We are trying to setup a private forum (viewable by members only) but when  "Allow guests to browse the forum" option is enabled in Features and Options then new members cannot register using Facebook, they are just returned to the login screen.

I know I can unclick access to each board for guests and disable the info center within the index template, but it would be much better to be able to disable guest access and still have this mod work. any ideas?

thanks,
Joe
Hosting Simple Machines since YaBB -- One of the first SMF Forum Hosting providers with Chat and FTP for the inner developer in us all.

madfitz

Quote from: boosh1 on June 27, 2011, 01:12:17 PM
I'm using the Helios Multi theme on my forum which I realise is pretty non standard compared to most themes. I installed the mod and it works flawlessly on my other themes but on Helios Multi the mod still works, but some of the important features like the like button and the invite friends section just doesn't work at all. This is my main theme and I'm not going to change it and I've spent days trying a few edits here and there. But no luck.

Different theme but same problem for me (in fact, those features didn't show up even on the default theme for me). The publish button showed up but it didn't actually send anything to facebook. I finally gave up on the mod when nothing would work :(

boosh1

Quote from: madfitz on June 28, 2011, 04:00:29 AM
Quote from: boosh1 on June 27, 2011, 01:12:17 PM

Different theme but same problem for me (in fact, those features didn't show up even on the default theme for me). The publish button showed up but it didn't actually send anything to facebook. I finally gave up on the mod when nothing would work :(

Yeah that's my exact problem. They just don't show up at all. They work fine on other themes and the publish icon does appear on posts but the like button ect just don't appear. The only things that do show up are on the main page for the mod. So the plugin which shows who's liked my app and the post a comment one. Everything else doesn't appear on the other pages, and the friends tab shows my first page of friends and but won't show the links to the next pages.

I'm going to wait until another realise of my theme and/or this mod before I try tinkering any more I think.

SA™

guys bear with me i am looking into the theme issues it should realy work on any theme cn you link me to the theme that you are using pls

Quote from: Simple Joe on June 27, 2011, 05:26:08 PM
Nice mod, but it seems the only way this works is to allow guests access to the forum? We are trying to setup a private forum (viewable by members only) but when  "Allow guests to browse the forum" option is enabled in Features and Options then new members cannot register using Facebook, they are just returned to the login screen.

I know I can unclick access to each board for guests and disable the info center within the index template, but it would be much better to be able to disable guest access and still have this mod work. any ideas?

thanks,
Joe

this behaviour can be stopped by ading facebookintegrate the array in index.php

find
// If guest access is off, a guest can only do one of the very few following actions.
elseif (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && $user_info['is_guest'] && (!isset($_REQUEST['action']) || !in_array($_REQUEST['action'], array('coppa', 'login', 'login2', 'register', 'register2', 'reminder', 'activate', 'help', 'smstats', 'mailq', 'verificationcode', 'openidreturn'))))
{
require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Auth.php');
return 'KickGuest';
}

replace with

// If guest access is off, a guest can only do one of the very few following actions.
elseif (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && $user_info['is_guest'] && (!isset($_REQUEST['action']) || !in_array($_REQUEST['action'], array('coppa', 'login', 'login2', 'register', 'register2', 'reminder', 'activate', 'help', 'smstats', 'mailq', 'verificationcode', 'openidreturn','facebookintegrate'))))
{
require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Auth.php');
return 'KickGuest';
}

Quote from: bluejay51 on June 26, 2011, 04:45:58 PM
We are using SMF 2.0 (final) with the default theme. I'm just wondering... in the config section of the Facebook Integration plugin, there is a form to add a one-time Facebook access token. Are we supposed to add the entire token (ie; access_token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) or do we just add the number and leave the "access_token=" part off?.

Thanks, BJ

you can put the whole thng in if you want it will remove the access_token= part

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Nikhil P Naik

SA™

be paitent im lookin into these erros

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

boosh1

Thanks SA

The link to the theme I'm using is http://custom.simplemachines.org/area51/themes/index.php?lemma=1

The smf2.0 gold edition version. So I'm sure I've got the most up to date one.

Also a link to my forum if that will help understand and resolve the problem
hxxp:www.hollowshrine.co.uk/forum/ [nonactive]

!RFAN

how to get application api key??

when i tried to register using facebook connect i got this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught OAuthException: (#200) The user hasn't authorized the application to perform this action thrown in /home/****/public_html/facebookauth/base_facebook.php on line 970

elyparker

hi received the error

Fatal error: Uncaught OAuthException: An active access token must be used to query information about the current user. thrown in /home1/paraparl/public_html/facebookauth/base_facebook.php on line 970

when i did publish on a topic and not work associate users with facebook account

i use SIMPLESEF mod  and last smf 2.0

if i disable simplesef it work  but i need simple sef

some solutions? what i have to see?

bluejay51

Hi SA (and thank you for such wonderful SMF Mods!).

I am using SMF 2.0 (gold) with the default theme. I have both your Facebook and Twitter integration mods installed and everything works perfectly. Members are able to integrate their Facebook/Twitter accounts and log in with no problem.

However, with the Facebook integration mod (I'm using rev. 24) when I moved the site to another server, the Twitter integration plugin worked just fine but the Facebook one did not. For example, the blue Facebook button did not appear in the upper-left corner of the site, none of the Facebook links were visible, the "Publish" buttons were missing, the "Like" button was gone and for some reason every time someone would click on a thread in the forum, they would get a white page.

I ran into this same issue in rev. 21 which caused my chat room and shoutbox to turn white and I thought the issue had been resolved in rev. 24 but apparently not.

Could you please advise me on what to do to fix this or should I just wait for your next release of the Facebook integration mod to be released?.

- Thank you kindly. BJ
Community operated support group for people living with anxiety disorders.
http://www.anxietyzone.com

SA™

we have to wait for fb to realse there new js sdk after hours of serching these issues seem tobe cos of that cos of the chnage in cookie formats i have no power over this we just have to wait for fb it shoulda been realwsed a few weeks ago but it hasnt yet been realsed

the theme issues im looking into now pls kindly be patent and bear with me

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Advertisement: