News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluejay51

Yes but that's when I'll be celebrating my 100'th birthday. I hope I can make it that long ;D
Community operated support group for people living with anxiety disorders.
http://www.anxietyzone.com

Karlsm

HI there and thanks for creating this mod.

I'm trying to follow your link to "create an application on FB first" but it's directing me back to your home site, can you help me out here?

Karl. :)

Karlsm

Karlsm

Mod seems to be working sort of but I can't find any API code to insert but yet can publish to FB? Am I missing something here

Also like buttons not displaying (topic and box)

Chas Large

Hi New to this mod but your link For information on creating your application please read ==> here <==.
takes me to http://www.sa-smf.com/ and on that page is the same link that takes me to the same page.

Please where is the information about creating the required application?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

DSK-Googler

hello sir i ve installed sa facebook integration manually on my sfmf 2.0 :)  but worked fine for some days.... but now i cant able to see the fconnect login button .....
Be my friend on facebook 

http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001290082093

Spoogs

Quote from: Chas Large on July 08, 2011, 05:14:52 AM
Hi New to this mod but your link For information on creating your application please read ==> here <==.
takes me to http://www.sa-smf.com/ and on that page is the same link that takes me to the same page.

Please where is the information about creating the required application?

Quote from: Spoogs on July 07, 2011, 04:59:25 PM
http://www.sa-smf.com/community/index.php?topic=734.0

darcysarto

Hi, I have upgraded to 2.0 and reinstalled this mod.  The COnnect With Facebook button is no longer appearing on the front of my forum but IS on the login page.  DO you have any idea why?

Spoogs

What theme are you using?.. if the the theme doesnt have the quick login box that would be why.

darcysarto

Quote from: Spoogs on July 09, 2011, 10:00:53 AM
What theme are you using?.. if the the theme doesnt have the quick login box that would be why.

I'm using the default theme, think it's the Core one?  www.bbcradioforum.co.uk

bluejay51

I'm using rev24 and it's a great mod with a lot of popular and useful features. However, ever since I installed this mod, my members (including myself) have been experiencing sporadic delays when navigating from one page on the forum to the next as well as the "white screen of death" where if you click a link, you simply get a white screen. I'm pretty sure it's not the server or another mod because when I completely uninstall this mod, the problems go away.

I noticed similar behaviour with rev21 except that the chat room and shout box suddenly became unusable.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues, what is causing them and is there anything I can do to correct them or should I just wait for the next release of the mod?.

- Thanks, BJ

dematrix2571

Hello everyone,

I have used this Mod and been very happy with it.  I've been check the logs and notice that when someone tries to sign up using the facebook connect...it's generated a critical log...

The error is  "  The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: member_id "

I have gotten this error before when I tried to use the facebook connect for the first time.  Now it seems that some of my users who are trying to connect or sign up is getting this error.

Any ideas. 

dematrix2571

Also couple of other questions, as I was not able to find any information on each of the function.

1.) On the Registration Method  what is the difference between Normal and Facebook Only?

2)  Default Member Group ID - If set to 0 will this use the default regular membergroup,  Or will I have to specify the Group ID  for regular membergroup.

Spoogs

Quote from: darcysarto on July 10, 2011, 07:45:56 AM
Quote from: Spoogs on July 09, 2011, 10:00:53 AM

I'm using the default theme, think it's the Core one?  www.bbcradioforum.co.uk
Curve is the default theme in, the login button doesnt appear on the Core theme but it can be added, attach the index.temple.php ffor your Core theme (I would advise you though that not many modifications are core compatible).

Spoogs

Quote from: bluejay51 on July 10, 2011, 10:34:11 AM
I'm using rev24 and it's a great mod with a lot of popular and useful features. However, ever since I installed this mod, my members (including myself) have been experiencing sporadic delays when navigating from one page on the forum to the next as well as the "white screen of death" where if you click a link, you simply get a white screen. I'm pretty sure it's not the server or another mod because when I completely uninstall this mod, the problems go away.

I noticed similar behaviour with rev21 except that the chat room and shout box suddenly became unusable.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues, what is causing them and is there anything I can do to correct them or should I just wait for the next release of the mod?.

- Thanks, BJ

I've been using this mod for quite sometime and never experienced that level of delay, there is of course some extra load when using the facebook features such as syncing an account. During normal use of the forum I dont see a whole lot of delay for example when I go to a topic the topic will load but the comment box might be a little delayed but that's about it.

The WSOD I've never had... what other mods are installed it could because of a combination of mods?

Spoogs

Quote from: dematrix2571 on July 10, 2011, 10:42:15 AM
Hello everyone,

I have used this Mod and been very happy with it.  I've been check the logs and notice that when someone tries to sign up using the facebook connect...it's generated a critical log...

The error is  "  The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: member_id "

I have gotten this error before when I tried to use the facebook connect for the first time.  Now it seems that some of my users who are trying to connect or sign up is getting this error.

Any ideas. 
SMF version/Mod version?

Quote from: dematrix2571 on July 10, 2011, 12:21:55 PM
Also couple of other questions, as I was not able to find any information on each of the function.

1.) Normal means users can register as usual with SMF or using Facebook.... facebook only means SMF registration is disabled and only facebook registrations are accepted... disabled mean facebook registration is disabled and only SMF registrations are accepted.

2)  0 means when a user registers via Facebook they will be treated the same as if they registered via SMF, If you wanted your users that registered with facebook to be automatically placed in a specific group then you would create that group and replace 0 with the group ID

bluejay51

Thanks for the reply. Currently, there are about 50 members who have integrated/synced their forum account with Facebook. Not sure if that is enough to cause these intermittent (and somewhat lengthy) page-load delays but who knows.

I've tried disabling various features but have not seen much/any difference.

Oddly enough, on the in-house dedicated server (Which is kept as a backup) when a link to a specific topic/thread is clicked, I just get a white screen and the really strange part is that there is no Facebook button or even profile/forum/Admin links to the Facebook mod visible anywhere. I thought maybe this was a path issue but I was unable to locate any file where paths to this mod could be changed.

- Thanks again, BJ

Quote from: Spoogs on July 10, 2011, 12:41:46 PM
Quote from: bluejay51 on July 10, 2011, 10:34:11 AM

- Thanks, BJ

I've been using this mod for quite sometime and never experienced that level of delay, there is of course some extra load when using the facebook features such as syncing an account. During normal use of the forum I dont see a whole lot of delay for example when I go to a topic the topic will load but the comment box might be a little delayed but that's about it.

The WSOD I've never had... what other mods are installed it could because of a combination of mods?

!RFAN

Facebook connect is not working on my website. When someone clicks on Facebook Connect button gets this error message " An error occurred with AmigoZone. Please try again later."

http://www.amigozone.com

Thanks

Spoogs

Quote from: bluejay51 on July 10, 2011, 01:05:40 PM
Thanks for the reply. Currently, there are about 50 members who have integrated/synced their forum account with Facebook. Not sure if that is enough to cause these intermittent (and somewhat lengthy) page-load delays but who knows.

I've tried disabling various features but have not seen much/any difference.

Oddly enough, on the in-house dedicated server (Which is kept as a backup) when a link to a specific topic/thread is clicked, I just get a white screen and the really strange part is that there is no Facebook button or even profile/forum/Admin links to the Facebook mod visible anywhere. I thought maybe this was a path issue but I was unable to locate any file where paths to this mod could be changed.

- Thanks again, BJ

50 shouldn't be an issue as I have more than that... maybe this is something SA can look into but I'm still curious as to what other mods you have installed, it may help pinpoint an incompatibility.

Advertisement: