News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awolexpat

Well, I managed to set mine up by following the instructions given by the mod author here, so I would suggest you do the same. That thread may also be somewhere that you can get help - I'm no expert but I am good at RTFM ("Reading The Flippin' Manual") so just give it another try with the guidelines in that topic and good luck. The link in the first post of this topic is wrong I should hasten to add!

Gunpoint

because of the new facebook interface i need help making the app. cause the pics dont match any more.

SA™

Quote from: trekkie2444 on September 29, 2011, 04:40:02 AM
I've just got the white screen after install after installing the Facebook mod on SMF 2.0.1. Not really sure what to do now...white screen on all pages. I have no other mods reinstalled yet, but when I remove the /Sources/Facebook folder the white screen goes away. Ideas? I downloaded the REV36.
check your server error logs usaly when that happens it  means you dont have json or curl functions on your server

Quote from: Gunpoint on September 29, 2011, 04:10:20 PM
because of the new facebook interface i need help making the app. cause the pics dont match any more.

yes the pics maybe different but what you have to fill in is still the same cant realy help now as im just here for lunch then im back to college

the error your getting  usaly mean that your urls are wrong as a reasult of not reading the manual many people have had this error if you search this topic or my site im sure your find the anser

http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

notjustok

I installed your mod and everything seems to be working on the smf, but the login and register is not working
so users cant register with facebook, have already created the application

Gunpoint

when posting a topic on my forum,here is what came up even thou, the topic later showed up after refreshing the page
Fatal error: Uncaught OAuthException: Error validating application. thrown in /home/naijaemp/public_html/facebookauth/base_facebook.php on line 1028

trekkie2444

Quote from: SA™ on September 30, 2011, 09:27:08 AM
Quote from: trekkie2444 on September 29, 2011, 04:40:02 AM
I've just got the white screen after install after installing the Facebook mod on SMF 2.0.1. Not really sure what to do now...white screen on all pages. I have no other mods reinstalled yet, but when I remove the /Sources/Facebook folder the white screen goes away. Ideas? I downloaded the REV36.
check your server error logs usaly when that happens it  means you dont have json or curl functions on your server

What would the logs show as errors? I'm told that my server does support those functions. I'm not sure what else it might be though.

Aegis Bearing Mel

Hi bud, wonder if you can shed some light on the following error for me?
We set up a test forum to trial things one a time before installing them on the board proper, just in case anything goes horribly wrong.
Means I can break things and it's not TOO bad.
:lol
Anyway, when we moved a post from one board to another then the following message pops up;

Fatal error: Uncaught OAuthException: (#803) Some of the aliases you requested do not exist: 120024808103196/feed thrown in /xx/xx/xx/test2/facebookauth/base_facebook.php on line 1028

We thought that everything was running well, our test guinea pigs are REALLY happy with the mod, as am I.
Once I'd finished arsing about with the FB side of it that is.
:/

Anyway, any suggestions as to what we can do befor ewe roll this out live on our forum proper?
Cheers.
Andy

WF22

Hi guys,

I have installed the facebook mod on my forum in hope to get it to work, but its just not working.
I have asked for help on the SA forum hxxp:www.sa-smf.com [nonactive] but it looks like the guys I very busy  :'(
The Mod its not connecting to facebook but now I can not register normally to, can anyone give some tips in what to look for on the normal setup that may be causing the problem?
or could be the Mod it self?

Any help is very welcome.

All the Best

trekkie2444

awolexpat

WF22,
I'm not expert enough to determine what might be wrong, but it will help those who are if you give more detail, such as version of SMF, any errors on installation, anything in the error log, possibly a screenshot of the mod's admin screen, that sort of thing. It may also help to detail the steps you have taken so far to see if you missed anything along the way. I have the mod running but as it stands your query does not have enough information to even begin looking; for example did you set up the Facebook application correctly? You don't mention this at all.

aditya.deore

Hi all,
I am facing an error when I try to login through facebook. when I click on connect to facebook it takes me to the facebook login after inserting id pwd, it takes me back to the forum but there I see an error saying :  AN ERROR OCCURRED      No connection found to Facebook.    but  when I refresh the page it is already logged in. As I am new to smf I have no idea how to deal with this error. If some One can help me out with the steps and any code that would be a great help.
Thanks,

aditya.deore

hi anybody can you help me out with the facebook problem ?

Iomega0318

I am getting the following error when trying to register through the facebook app:
CurlException: 77: error setting certificate verify locations: CAfile: /usr/local/share/certs/ca-root-nss.crt CApath: none

I am on a Yahoo! shared hosting plan if that helps.
UOFreeshards.net
UOFreeshards.net 2.1 Aplha Test Site
"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun...
not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis

Heed what I say, for it shall be mentioned only once.

shanobi

Quote from: aditya.deore on October 11, 2011, 02:59:30 PM
Hi all,
I am facing an error when I try to login through facebook. when I click on connect to facebook it takes me to the facebook login after inserting id pwd, it takes me back to the forum but there I see an error saying :  AN ERROR OCCURRED      No connection found to Facebook.    but  when I refresh the page it is already logged in. As I am new to smf I have no idea how to deal with this error. If some One can help me out with the steps and any code that would be a great help.
Thanks,

I have the same problem as you. I didn't figure out how to fix it. I think the problem is in fb_main() in facebookintergrate.php. I tried messing around with the code like removing the error message or making the page refresh on hitting that error message but it didn't work  :P. Maybe someone better at this can shed some light on it.

EDIT: I only get this problem when I tried to use a link I created for SA's facebook connect feature. If I use the social hook, it is fine.

cmic

Install went smooth on SMF 2.0.1

Uploaded package, went to *facebook developers* made an app, adjusted settings in admin, signed in and published perfectly.

Facebook now requires ssl connection for apps so I'm not quite sure how this will affect the mod....

itchymon

Need some help, I'm using SA_FBConnect_0.2_smf11x.zip - I need to manually edit the index.template.php and i can not fine the code.
SMF version: SMF 1.1.15
someone please help....

!RFAN

i dont know whether anyone else has reported it or not.
after installing this mod whenever i go to http://www.amigozone.com/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=general

i am getting this error: http://www.amigozone.com/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=general

can i have ANY solution?

Mark S

I'm sure that the recent changes facebook has made had an effect on this mod.  I set up the app and the forum appears within the facebook canvas as it should and the forum functions fine so long as registration is set to normal mode.

I also get a pop-up for the SSI certificate.  The first two checks are okay, the last one is that the name on the certificate is invalid or doesn't match.  I'm using a sub-domain for this at the moment. 

I have this same problem as well:  the facebook registration doesn't work.  All you get is an error without definition.  I'm not getting anything on it in the error log either.

When logged-in, I get log-in pop-ups to access admin, member list, even the forum.

Is there anyone still working this mod or is it destined for the trash?  I can't believe that a mod for something as huge as integration with facebook would be left to whither.  Their community set-ups rot and they were made even worse with the last round of facebook changes.  Integrating a forum as good as SMF is like a canteen of water to a person in the desert.

SMF 2.0.1

WF22

Quote from: awolexpat on October 10, 2011, 09:48:07 PM
WF22,
I'm not expert enough to determine what might be wrong, but it will help those who are if you give more detail, such as version of SMF, any errors on installation, anything in the error log, possibly a screenshot of the Mord's admin screen, that sort of thing. It may also help to detail the steps you have taken so far to see if you missed anything along the way. I have the mod running but as it stands your query does not have enough information to even begin looking; for example did you set up the Facebook application correctly? You don't mention this at all.

Hi awolexpat,

Thank you for your message I now have installed SMF from scratch  :-\
I guess I am willing to give it one more go.
Today I went on (SA smf) site and the site is gone, dose anyone know whats going on?
One more thing, is there anyone that has the mod running correctly on there site, dose the mod really work?
If so can we get a volunteer to make a youtube tutorial?

To all, all the best

awolexpat

Hi WF22,
Sorry to hear about your problems with this mod, but you still haven't given any details! Please indicate the following:
What version of SMF are you using?
What browser(s) have you been using?
When you install the mod are there any errors in installation (highlighted in red before the installation takes place)?
If yes to the above are you then making manual edits to the relevant files using the parse information on the mods page?
If yes to that, are you sure you are making the correct edits?
If no errors on installation, are there any errors in your error log when you try to test the mod?
If yes to that, what errors are you getting?
Can you access the mod's configuration panel in admin? If yes, please attach a screenshot of it (with any sensitive info masked).
Have you set up the Facebook application? If yes, please attach a screenshot of it (with any sensitive info masked).
Finally, can you give a blow by blow account of what happens on your site after installation of the mod, to explain the problem more clearly. For example is the Facebook menu item visible? What happens when you click on it? Have you checked your permissions? etc etc.

All the above info will assist anyone trying to help you and may actually help you find the problem yourself. It will also help if one of your members can give you feedback on what happens when they try to log in or register using Facebook, or if the option even appears. Also it may be worth trying your site in a different browser as this sometimes can be the problem (particularly IE, and particularly the older versions).

The disappearance of the SA site I have no idea about, but I do know that they have had problems in the past with either a host or a server, so maybe this is the same thing again? I imagine SA will be on here soon to explain but you could always drop him a PM.

I hope that helps but you really do need to give more information before anyone can help you properly. Just saying 'it doesn't work' will not get you anywhere.

Advertisement: