News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texan78

Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on August 13, 2012, 02:35:31 PM
Quote from: Texan78 on August 12, 2012, 08:48:07 PM
Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on August 12, 2012, 03:51:50 PM
thanks but after following all these Process , do i still need "SA Facebook Integration" Mod???

Yes, because you need the information from the app to input into your Facebook settings in the Admin CP in order to connect your forum to Facebook through the mod.
Please can you do it for me....all the process.  i am finding it hard. Please help

What's hard about it? It's pretty straight forward. Create the app from the link I posted and follow the directions which isn't hard. It will require you to do some reading. Enter the information that it gives you after it is created into the mod in the CP and you're set. If you can't set that up then you really shouldn't be running a forum.

SA™

@phtomay
php version?
any errors in your "server" error logs?

Quote from: Texan78 on August 12, 2012, 03:15:01 PM
Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on August 12, 2012, 01:27:33 PM
How can i create an Application . Please i need instructions. thank :)

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/opengraph/tutorial/
thanks but after following all these Process , do i still need "SA Facebook Integration" Mod???

you are over complicating things you only need to follow Step 1: Create a Facebook app
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: SA™ on August 13, 2012, 10:05:38 PM
@phtomay
php version?
any errors in your "server" error logs?

Quote from: Texan78 on August 12, 2012, 03:15:01 PM
Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on August 12, 2012, 01:27:33 PM
How can i create an Application . Please i need instructions. thank :)
Pardon me please. i am still in the learning process
i have created an app and i was given app id and app secret.....there are 6 SET there but i think i only use the SET 1 and SET 2 ????
also i install the mod , add all the app id and secret required ...now , if i log on via facebook........it will show that such app exist and will not sign me in. here are my questions
1. Do i need any approval from facebook?
2. Must i follow all the SETS?????
    Step 1: Create a Facebook app
    Step 2: Authenticate users with the Login Button plugin
    Step 3: Define Objects, Actions and Aggregations through the App Dashboard
    Step 4: Publish Actions for your users
    Step 5: Add Social Plugins to your app
    Step 6: Submit Your Actions for approval

3. Where in this page will i get what to configure in my mod dashboard

SA™

http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Texan78

Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on August 14, 2012, 07:15:41 AM
Where in this page will i get what to configure in my mod dashboard

You don't, the app will give you the information needed to enter in your Facebook mod in the Admin CP under Facebook Configuration on your Forum. That's why you have to create the Facebook app first so it will supply you with the information needed to connect your forum to Facebook through the mod to the app.

Like SA said, you're complicating this way to much. Start at step one, creating the app. That is all you have to do. Have you even tried?

ZixxerF2

Great mod, works as stated except that when I hit like and share a post to Facebook no image shows in the Facebook post that I make. All I get is the safe_image.png image not a thumbnail.

DutchJam

Quote from: Texan78 on August 12, 2012, 03:19:00 PM
Are you posting in the same board in which it was working in previously or a new board? If it is a different board then go into your Admin CP for Facebook then look under Boards and make sure the board is selected to publish.

Yup Texan78. All boards are selected to publish...

Still no publishing, it drives me nuts...

I linked my account on my forum (also the admin account) to my facebook account, but both accounts have different emailaddresses. Does it have something to do with that maybe? I mean, every time when I go to 'publish' in the admin section, I don't see the facebook 'grand permissions' button but a facebook 'sign in' button'. That's weird, because I log in on to my forum using my facebook account, so I already signed in, right?
-----
JamaicaForum.nl: http://www.jamaicaforum.nl

Texan78

Quote from: ZixxerF2 on August 14, 2012, 05:10:22 PM
Great mod, works as stated except that when I hit like and share a post to Facebook no image shows in the Facebook post that I make. All I get is the safe_image.png image not a thumbnail.

Look in your Admin CP under Facebook Configuration > Open Graph

There you will get a option to link a image to your forum for likes, shares, published posts etc. In order for Facebook asks that those images be at least 200x200.

So just upload a image to your server and then put the url to the image in box on that page.

Texan78

Quote from: DutchJam on August 14, 2012, 05:37:11 PM
Quote from: Texan78 on August 12, 2012, 03:19:00 PM
Are you posting in the same board in which it was working in previously or a new board? If it is a different board then go into your Admin CP for Facebook then look under Boards and make sure the board is selected to publish.

Yup Texan78. All boards are selected to publish...

Still no publishing, it drives me nuts...

I linked my account on my forum (also the admin account) to my facebook account, but both accounts have different emailaddresses. Does it have something to do with that maybe? I mean, every time when I go to 'publish' in the admin section, I don't see the facebook 'grand permissions' button but a facebook 'sign in' button'. That's weird, because I log in on to my forum using my facebook account, so I already signed in, right?

That is possible, it is something you could test. I know for mine my Facebook page uses a totally different email that is not associated with my forum. I would unassociate your Admin account with Facebook from your Admin profile page. Just use your Admin username and password to log in to your Forum. Wish I had more suggestion for you, but I think you're on the right track with your logic.

Texan78

SA,

One thing I just noticed today is if users register with Facebook the quick reply option doesn't show on topics, only for regular registered member's? Any idea of why that might be happening?

-Thanks

Blackburn

Gerçek mutluluk mal ve mülke sahip olmak ile değil,akıl ve erdeme sahip olmak ile mümkündür.
Slax Tr - Slax Türkiye Topluluğu adresinden usb ile bile çalışan işletim sisteminin Türkiye sitesine ulaşabilirsin.
Özgür yaşam,özgür insan.

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: Texan78 on August 14, 2012, 10:22:08 AM
Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on August 14, 2012, 07:15:41 AM
Where in this page will i get what to configure in my mod dashboard

You don't, the app will give you the information needed to enter in your Facebook mod in the Admin CP under Facebook Configuration on your Forum. That's why you have to create the Facebook app first so it will supply you with the information needed to connect your forum to Facebook through the mod to the app.

Like SA said, you're complicating this way to much. Start at step one, creating the app. That is all you have to do. Have you even tried?
Pardon me for my complains.that is the only way i learn........i have placed it. www.topnichez.com    .please try to log in and tell me where i made mistake. i inserted the codes where it is supposed to ..inside the facebook mod configuration . thanks

Also do i do to accept this

johnpaul2k2

thanks man.....i got it right ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

But how can i make this facebook Login to appear on the Front page where everybody can easily See it?????

also where will i edit the Circle FACEBOOK and write it....."Or register with Facebook" ?????

i need to appear on the frontpage

thanks  alot

Texan78

Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on August 15, 2012, 09:33:40 AM
But how can i make this facebook Login to appear on the Front page where everybody can easily See it?????

Since you are using a custom theme you will need to use a hook to insert the login button where you want it to display on your front page. The hooks can be found at Admin > Facebook > Social Hooks. There you will find a array of hooks to use. This is the one you need for the login button.

global $fb_hook_object;
if(class_exists('SAFacebookhooks'))
    $fb_hook_object->call_facebook_hook('show_facebook_login',array(true));

also where will i edit the Circle FACEBOOK and write it....."Or register with Facebook" ?????

Download the button I've attached, upload it to a folder on your server then set the url to the button in Admin > Facebook > Configuration the second to last option is "Facebook Login image". Put the URL to the image from your server there and hit save.

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: Texan78 on August 15, 2012, 10:49:30 AM

Since you are using a custom theme you will need to use a hook to insert the login button where you want it to display on your front page. The hooks can be found at Admin > Facebook > Social Hooks. There you will find a array of hooks to use. This is the one you need for the login button.

global $fb_hook_object;
if(class_exists('SAFacebookhooks'))
    $fb_hook_object->call_facebook_hook('show_facebook_login',array(true));

Download the button I've attached, upload it to a folder on your server then set the url to the button in Admin > Facebook > Configuration the second to last option is "Facebook Login image". Put the URL to the image from your server there and hit save.

I did the logo facebook perfect...........even i search for more beautiful design..thanks alot

About the Hook  stuff? please where will i insert the code? inside my theme  ie  index.template ?????

thanks for your help

Texan78

Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on August 15, 2012, 12:48:57 PM
About the Hook  stuff? please where will i insert the code? inside my theme  ie  index.template ?????

Yes in your theme files index.template.php

Place the button where you want it to display. You will have to play around with it to your liking.

hotshot.vipin

facebook login not working.,.,.
tells me about some api error,.,.,
what do we have to put in the auth tokens textbox while configuring the mod

RockyVII

I have a problem.I installed this mod successfully but error occurs when saving admin page. 404 error  :(

Texan78

Quote from: hotshot.vipin on August 15, 2012, 04:45:44 PM
facebook login not working.,.,.
tells me about some api error,.,.,
what do we have to put in the auth tokens textbox while configuring the mod

Have you not set up your Facebook app. on Facebook for your page?

Texan78

Quote from: RockyVII on August 15, 2012, 05:45:42 PM
I have a problem.I installed this mod successfully but error occurs when saving admin page. 404 error  :(

You have a link?

Advertisement: