News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texan78

Quote from: DutchJam on August 20, 2012, 04:36:49 PM
I have to switch to my personal page too to get access to all Facebook functions

That is correct, same for me too. I can only use FB on my forum as me, not as my fan page.

The strange thing is that it stops publishing after a while or when I log out for a while. Even then the publisher should continue publishing, me logged in or not...

I never log out, but yes you would think it would keep publishing.

Have you tested by not ever logging out? It appears from what I can gather that it works when you are logged in, but it doesn't when you are logged out.

b0t

My Forum and Chat

Texan78

SA, Is the additional information really needed? If I remove it will it cause any problems? I found the code for it, is all I need to remove is those input fields and the CSS enclosing the information?

-Thanks

SA™

just disable it in fb admin no need to remove things
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Texan78

Thank you SA, I wasn't aware of that setting.

Disabled it, and all is gravy!

-Thanks!

Texan78

Another small issue I have come across. I have it set up to send the PM to the member upon registration, that works great.

Problem is when it sends it from the Administrator it sends it as a Guest. That is a problem because only the Administrator can use the  bbc tag to parse the html in the message from the language file.

So is there a way to add to the code to send it from the registered Active Administrator?

//Set up the pm
    $title = 'Facebook Forum Password'; //the title of the pm
    $message = sprintf($txt['fb_password_welcome'], $password); //the body of the pm

$pmfrom = array(
        'id' => 0, //user id where the pm is from
        'name' => 'Administrator', //name of the user who the pm is from
        'username' => 'Administrator', //username of the user who the pm is from
    );

$pmto = array(
        'to' => array($memberID),// array of ids to send the pm to
        'bcc' => array()//bbc array
    );

//Now send it
    sendpm($pmto, $title, $message , 0, $pmfrom);

updateMemberData($memberID,
        array(
    'fbname' => $fb_object->user_info_fbname,
        'fbid' => $fb_object->user_info_fbid,
    )
    );

-Thanks

SA™

in the code theres
Quote'id' => 0, //user id where the pm is from

just change the id to a registerd member

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Texan78

Wow, I missed the obvious on that one! LoL

Thank you SA, you are they man!

Sure would love to hire you to help me sort some other small issues unrelated to this mod if you're interested. I am sure it would take you mins to fix them.

-Thanks

SA™

shoot me a pm if you want  8)

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Texan78

Ok I have been doing some testing with this QuickReply for members who have registered with FB.

I have removed the social buttons from the page (I.E. Google +1, Twitter, Facebook). Quick reply still doesn't show for FB members logged in. For normal registered members it shows no problem.

Uninstalled the WYSIWYG QuickReply Mod below...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=251436.msg3378774#msg3378774

And then installed this one. Which I like much better anyways. Thinking maybe it was just that mod above that was causing the issue as suggested above.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3246

QuickReply still doesn't show for registered FB members.

Thinking maybe this could be a permissions issue with how FB members are registered with the forum? Just taking a guess since members who registered normally can see the QR with no problem.

Any suggestions or ideas?

-Thanks

Texan78

Quote from: Texan78 on August 23, 2012, 01:02:28 PM
Ok I have been doing some testing with this QuickReply for members who have registered with FB.

I have removed the social buttons from the page (I.E. Google +1, Twitter, Facebook). Quick reply still doesn't show for FB members logged in. For normal registered members it shows no problem.

Uninstalled the WYSIWYG QuickReply Mod below...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=251436.msg3378774#msg3378774

And then installed this one. Which I like much better anyways. Thinking maybe it was just that mod above that was causing the issue as suggested above.

QuickReply still doesn't show for registered FB members.

Thinking maybe this could be a permissions issue with how FB members are registered with the forum? Just taking a guess since members who registered normally can see the QR with no problem.

Any suggestions or ideas?

-Thanks

Ok I got this sorted. This should work for the other QuickReply mod too but not sure. I do know it works with this one....

To get your QuickReply to show for Facebook register members do this.

Go to your Admin CP > Configuration > Themes and Layout > Member Options > "YOUR THEME" > "Change current options for all members using this theme".

On that page find "Use quick reply on topic display" select Change then Show, On by default. Click save and test.

This worked for me

DutchJam

Quote from: Texan78 on August 20, 2012, 05:48:45 PM
I have to switch to my personal page too to get access to all Facebook functions

That is correct, same for me too. I can only use FB on my forum as me, not as my fan page.

The strange thing is that it stops publishing after a while or when I log out for a while. Even then the publisher should continue publishing, me logged in or not...

I never log out, but yes you would think it would keep publishing.

Have you tested by not ever logging out? It appears from what I can gather that it works when you are logged in, but it doesn't when you are logged out.
Texan78,

Good, I re-entered all my details in the admin panel, saved it again, did the permission thing again, and never log out, not even when I shut down the computer. For now, the publisher is working for a few days without any problems. It doesn't help me to locate the problem, because it works, lol. Sometimes I use my PC and my notebook at the same time and i am logged on Facebook and my forum on both. Could that be a problem?
Anyway, still testing and I keep you posted on this.

Another question, more CSS I think.
When I want to use post button which appears on top in a forum post, placement is not good - see image. I think it has something to do with CSS. Any tips to solve this and get this button placed as the others?

Tx!
-----
JamaicaForum.nl: http://www.jamaicaforum.nl

Texan78

Quote from: DutchJam on August 24, 2012, 06:00:41 AM
It doesn't help me to locate the problem, because it works, lol. Sometimes I use my PC and my notebook at the same time and i am logged on Facebook and my forum on both. Could that be a problem?

To be honest, I am not really sure what exactly the cause is except for maybe being logged in and using your FB as your fan page and not your personal page. If you are using FB as your fan page your forum should tell you to switch back to use the social plugins. I wouldn't think being on two different computers would cause any problems, but you never know. I think it just may be because FB is logged out.
Quote from: DutchJam on August 24, 2012, 06:00:41 AM
When I want to use post button which appears on top in a forum post, placement is not good - see image. I think it has something to do with CSS. Any tips to solve this and get this button placed as the others?

Yes that looks like a CSS issue. The containing div looks like it may not be wide enough. Locate that div and play with the width of it. If you use Firefox and have the Web Developer Add on. It is really could for finding which is in what div to look at.

ocmdiaz714

Can somebody tell me how to remove the dropdown option on the menu bar?

Texan78

Quote from: ocmdiaz714 on August 24, 2012, 11:17:51 PM

Is that in your Admin CP?

What theme is that?

ocmdiaz714

Quote from: Texan78 on August 24, 2012, 11:23:28 PM
Quote from: ocmdiaz714 on August 24, 2012, 11:17:51 PM

Is that in your Admin CP?

What theme is that?

A heavily customized Bluez by Daniel.
http://weezy2da.byethost5.com/

Edit: I just saw you're the same person who posted the relative date mod. Can you help me all any? I would like to enable day, month, and year support as well. I went ahead and posted a reply on the official topic a couple of days ago. Also, any way to show "just now" instead of "in 0 seconds"? Sorry. I know this isn't the right place, but I'm really hesitant.

Texan78

Quote from: ocmdiaz714 on August 24, 2012, 11:52:28 PM
Edit: I just saw you're the same person who posted the relative date mod. Can you help me all any? I would like to enable day, month, and year support as well. I went ahead and posted a reply on the official topic a couple of days ago. Also, any way to show "just now" instead of "in 0 seconds"? Sorry. I know this isn't the right place, but I'm really hesitant.

That's not my mod, I don't have any mods.

Back to your OP. Is this dropping down from your admin link from the menu?

ocmdiaz714

Quote from: Texan78 on August 25, 2012, 12:09:54 AM
Quote from: ocmdiaz714 on August 24, 2012, 11:52:28 PM

That's not my mod, I don't have any mods.

Back to your OP. Is this dropping down from your admin link from the menu?

Yeah it's dropping down from the admin link on the menu. It's kinda annoying really.

Texan78

Quote from: ocmdiaz714 on August 25, 2012, 12:21:21 AM
Yeah it's dropping down from the admin link on the menu. It's kinda annoying really.

Ok try this, find this.... In Sources > Facebook > FacebookAdmin.php it will be at the bottom

Find
$context['settings_title'] = $fb_hook_object->txt['fb_main1'];

Replace With
//$context['settings_title'] = $fb_hook_object->txt['fb_main1'];

See if that works for you.

DutchJam

Quote from: Texan78 on August 24, 2012, 12:16:22 PM
Yes that looks like a CSS issue. The containing div looks like it may not be wide enough. Locate that div and play with the width of it. If you use Firefox and have the Web Developer Add on. It is really could for finding which is in what div to look at.

Do you know which file is responsible for the button(s) in the post area?

Publisher still working, yipppieeeeeeee :)
-----
JamaicaForum.nl: http://www.jamaicaforum.nl

Advertisement: