SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

Apparently, the link on first post is broken and somebody considered that something to report to the moderators... ***Rolls eyes***

hiboy

Quote from: hiboy on September 22, 2012, 05:03:30 AM
Hi, how do i edit the meta "og" tag ?
i tried editting in facebookHooks.php ,but the setting did not change ,any help?

Can anyone help on this? Greatly appreciate it.

AMWebby

I've got it all set up and can publish posts to Facebook but Facebook log in still returns an error from Facebook. Anyone have any idea why? AFAIK I have done everything correctly (I have read this thread from start to end) but, without the missing guide to setting up your Facebook application I fear I may have missed some vital step.

AMWebby

I've just noticed that the login with Facebook link doesn't pass any parameters to Facebook and is simply "https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?" Where do I fix this?

AMWebby

Quote from: LOVELORD on September 15, 2012, 01:55:37 PM
Edit. I finaly fix problem...

I delete curl_exec and curl_multi_exec

now everything work perfet...
Where did you delete these from?

vbgamer45

Those are important parts for fetching data. Try to ensure you have curl enabled in your hosting.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

AMWebby

curl is enabled as shown in the About page, "Curl PHP extension found"

I just don't understand why my installation works fine with the social stuff but passes no parameters for log on.

Edit: Maybe it doesn't work so well. Just "Published" a post to my wall from SMF and now the forum is blank until I delete cookies.

SourBob

Quote from: K@ on September 22, 2012, 04:37:33 PM
Apparently, the link on first post is broken and somebody considered that something to report to the moderators... ***Rolls eyes***

I don't know if that's "report to the moderators" material, either.

But it'd sure be nice if the link was fixed. I'm currently sifting through 148 pages trying to find new instructions for creating the FB app.

SMFHacks.com Team

Quote from: SourBob on September 27, 2012, 01:33:26 PM
Quote from: K@ on September 22, 2012, 04:37:33 PM

I don't know if that's "report to the moderators" material, either.

But it'd sure be nice if the link was fixed. I'm currently sifting through 148 pages trying to find new instructions for creating the FB app.
All that information is lost. Have to rewrite it some day.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

AMWebby

I sure would be nice, as the mod is useless without it. I've given up trying to get it to work and am hoping the new My Space beats Failbook into a corner.

Manu.G

I still get thousands of such entries in my error-log:

Quote2: htmlentities() [<a href='function.htmlentities'>function.htmlentities</a>]: charset `ISO-8859-2' not supported, assuming iso-8859-1
File: /.../.../.../.../forum/Sources/Facebook/FacebookHooks.php
Line: 159

What's wrong and how can this be solved?
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Uhura!

Awesome mod!

Question:

The registration button for this says "I accept the terms of this agreement."

I would like it to say "I accept the terms of this agreement and I am at least 18 years old."

How do I make this change?

Thanks!
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

miked1

I've downloaded this mod with no troubles. Then created an app on facebook, but when I click on the facebook button under register I get an error "An error occurred. Please try again later". I have a feeling I didn't set up the facebook app correctly, but I don't know because facebook help is terrible. Anybody got suggestions?

cmc87

Just came across this mod, I'm pretty excited to get it working. In the meantime, I am having some issues. I've set up my Facebook, taken the info I need from it and installed the mod.

My issue is when trying to login as a facebook user. The FB login button comes up, all good, get to the terms and agreements (of my site, you know, the SMF ones), click Accept and I am greeted by a 500 error. Took a screen of it, see attachments.

When checking the logs, this is the error I receive:
Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: /forums/index.php?action=facebookintegrate;area=connect;agree
Now, what is odd, is I had someone else try it (tech support of my hosting company lol) and they did NOT get a 500 error, but "No connection to facebook found"

Any ideas? For the moment I will disable the mod until I can sort it out.

P.S: I did check file permissions, they are OK. A lot were set to 666, to which I changed to 644. All directories should be 755 and files are 644. Same error.
I tried different versions of PHP as well, 5.2, 5.3, w/FastCGI, w/o FastCGI - no change in error.

karlh1

Need some help.
I love the mod, but having a small problem.
If an existing member connects their account with facebook everything works just fine.
But if a new member tries to register thru their fb account the fb log in box comes up and when they fill it in and click log in an error comes up
An error has occurred please try again later. but it does log them into their facebook account just doesn't register on forum
They can then log into forum the normal way and connect account and everything is fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cmc87

No one has any ideas? :(
Quote from: cmc87 on October 15, 2012, 06:12:29 PM
Just came across this mod, I'm pretty excited to get it working. In the meantime, I am having some issues. I've set up my Facebook, taken the info I need from it and installed the mod.

My issue is when trying to login as a facebook user. The FB login button comes up, all good, get to the terms and agreements (of my site, you know, the SMF ones), click Accept and I am greeted by a 500 error. Took a screen of it, see attachments.

When checking the logs, this is the error I receive:
Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: /forums/index.php?action=facebookintegrate;area=connect;agree
Now, what is odd, is I had someone else try it (tech support of my hosting company lol) and they did NOT get a 500 error, but "No connection to facebook found"

Any ideas? For the moment I will disable the mod until I can sort it out.

P.S: I did check file permissions, they are OK. A lot were set to 666, to which I changed to 644. All directories should be 755 and files are 644. Same error.
I tried different versions of PHP as well, 5.2, 5.3, w/FastCGI, w/o FastCGI - no change in error.

cmc87

Fixed the issue. It ended up being a corrupt index.php file... not sure how it was corrupt but I would assume it had some whitespace or something that I couldn't find by skimming it.

generustman

Need some help from anyone who can

My site is a Facebook Gaming site. We use this mod for login to our site and this helps us make sure people are actually on Facebook

Here is my question (did this before on another site but cant remember how I did ...LOL)

I want to remove any regular SMF login boxes and only have the Facebook Connect button. In other words I dont want someone to login or register by typing in their data they must hit the Facebook Connect button.

Any help appreciated or would even pay a little something to have someone do for me

PSPguru

Can anybody help please, I'm still having hard time to make a facebook application , can you please refer me where I can find it. I really want to install this mod please. Thank you for your help in advance

Advertisement: