News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

media gallery for videos

Started by suxatcoding, December 06, 2023, 06:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suxatcoding

I'd like to host a media forum with videos, with an easy way for users to add videos on their own, without any action from me, but it doesn't look like there's an addon for that.

Diego Andrés

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Sesquipedalian

If you set your forum's maximum attachment size setting to something suitably large, you can let your users attach videos directly to their posts. They can even use the insert attachment button (looks like an upward pointing arrow) to embed the videos directly into their posts so that they can be played right there in the browser window.

Of course, if you want something more advanced, you will need a mod of some sort.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

suxatcoding

Thanks. I forgot to mention that I only want short previews accessible to the public. I need the full videos accessible to paying members only because the cost involved are too much to make them accessible to everyone.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: suxatcoding on December 06, 2023, 10:13:04 PMThanks. I forgot to mention that I only want short previews accessible to the public. I need the full videos accessible to paying members only because the cost involved are too much to make them accessible to everyone.

You will need a custom mod for that.

Steve

Do you want this to be free or paid?
DO NOT pm me for support!

suxatcoding

I'm not sure what you mean. I want both free and paid. A preview for non paying members and a full version for paid members.

Kindred

no... the question is: Are *YOU* willing to pay for someone to develop this mod or are you asking for someone to do it for free?

hint: What you are asking for is not simple
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dodos26

This is quite simple to do, you basically only need to edit one or two places as long as it's a targeted action. If you wanted to create the option to select groups, etc., I wouldn't do it.

Sesquipedalian

@dodos26, I suspect that you didn't see this post:

Quote from: suxatcoding on December 06, 2023, 10:13:04 PMThanks. I forgot to mention that I only want short previews accessible to the public. I need the full videos accessible to paying members only because the cost involved are too much to make them accessible to everyone.

That is not simple at all.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Advertisement: