News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

MelonLand Forum - A forum for retro web and 3D world enthusiasts!

Started by Melonking, February 04, 2022, 07:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melonking

Hello, you're welcome to join my forum, its mainly populated by people who enjoy retro web design and 3D worlds. We have members who like to make static websites, games, web toys and other such works that fit into the genre of web revival. Some members also like to share music, art or just discuss, generally the age range is around 15-35 but all welcome!

I think this forum would be particularly well suited to you if you have a project or static site that you'd like to share and discuss with others, Id like to encourage more people to get into making personal homepages and custom 3D worlds, regardless of their skill level.

I wanted this forum to feel like a childhood memory of a cool forum from 2003, at the same time I believe strongly in taking the best of the past and using it to build something new.
This forum has a strong emphasis on inclusive discussion and sharing projects and art. With that in mind I try to keep it a safe and positive place for all members.

If you think that vibes with you and would like to visit please do so!  :D

https://forum.melonking.net/index.php

Pictured above is the main forum theme, we also offer a light coloured theme that can be selected!

Steve

Certainly not my style but you've obviously put a lot of time and effort into this theme to make it coincide with the theme of your forum.

Well done.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Melonking

Quote from: Steve on February 06, 2022, 06:50:25 AMCertainly not my style

So that's actually one of the reasons I shared this here; I think a lot of old guard software like forums or programs like Thunderbird don't really appreciate that their biggest asset is being old software, that's a really cool quality to have an can only be acquired with a lot of time after all.

You get older software that people think needs to be modernized, but when you do that you end up with software that's lost its older charm, but is not as good as a fully modern product.

So I wanted to say, the classic SMF style is appreciated, valued and I hope to see it updated and carried on for my years to come ;D

Mick.

Very cool dude. Past couple years I've seen retro style websites on the rise. So 90's.  I dig it ;)

Advertisement: