News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Fetching preview not working

Started by Wook1e, April 30, 2024, 03:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wook1e

Hellu.

I recently added a fresh install on my forums, but some users are experiencing that that 'quick edit' and 'preview' button is not working as it should. Right now if you click preview, it only loads.

When I click 'quick edit', this shows:

What's the solution to this? I have 3 mods installed in total, they've all been uninstalled and checked, but nothing.

Arantor

Does it happen to you at all?

What browsers are people using?

Does your site have any confusion over whether it uses www or not in the domain?

Wook1e

Quote from: Arantor on April 30, 2024, 03:11:08 PMDoes it happen to you at all?

What browsers are people using?

Does your site have any confusion over whether it uses www or not in the domain?

It happens to me and all of my users.

I'm using chrome myself, some topics claim it works better on firefox for some reason.

It does not, no. Not that I'm aware of, at least.

Arantor

OK so the next step is to go into the browser console (press F12 and hit the console tab) and then try to do whatever you were trying to do when it didn't work.

There should be an error message appear in the console to explain why it didn't work. If you copy/paste that error here we'll see what's going on.

Wook1e

Quote from: Arantor on April 30, 2024, 04:07:04 PMOK so the next step is to go into the browser console (press F12 and hit the console tab) and then try to do whatever you were trying to do when it didn't work.

There should be an error message appear in the console to explain why it didn't work. If you copy/paste that error here we'll see what's going on.

No errors  :-\

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Wook1e

Quote from: Kindred on April 30, 2024, 04:35:27 PMUrl.
Smd version?
Mods installed?

hxxp:rg-clan.com [nonactive]
I guess you mean SMF version - but we're running on SMF 2.1.4

List of mods:
1   Team Page   5.4.3      
2   Simple Colorizer   1.4      
3   Discord Web Hooks   2.0.1   

Arantor

Where it says the 'issues: 6' please click on that so it actually shows what the issues are.

Wook1e

Quote from: Arantor on April 30, 2024, 04:59:39 PMWhere it says the 'issues: 6' please click on that so it actually shows what the issues are.

Wook1e

Arantor

I mean there's definitely something awry.

From the source code of your theme...

console.log('wookie is a dick');
That's, uh, not supposed to be there.

Does it work if you use the default theme (just on your account for testing) instead of the custom theme?

Advertisement: