News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Customization site quirks today

Started by shawnb61, March 20, 2024, 01:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb61

The cust site is being quirky today.

It is returning http 500 status to github when a webhook tries to push an update.

If you try to edit an existing mod, it says a short description is required, but there is no short description field to enter...

Can't update a mod at this time.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

Screenshots attached.

I know webhooks were working yesterday, as I updated my themes.

The mod I cannot update is the theme toggle: https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4336
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

This issue is likely specific to this mod - I can edit other mods.

The problem here is that it is checking for a short description upon edit, but there is no way to provide one.  I guess I didn't provide one when the mod was initially added, and now they are required.

I guess one option is to just delete it & re-add it, this time with a short description?

Diego Andrés

@SleePy might be able to fix it manually.
I don't recall short description not being mandatory, it's used in the boxes?

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

shawnb61

There must've been one short window where the edit wasn't there & I was lucky enough to find it!

shawnb61

The only possible solution I have on my end here is to submit a new mod with v1.1 & remove the v1.0.

Should I go ahead & do so?

Whatever is easiest!

SleePy

I'm not certain why you are seeing that.  I tried to check our logs for the matching cf-ray header, but nothing.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

shawnb61

Somehow, there was no short description when the mid was added.  You can see this on the cust site.

I suspect either you populate the short description for me with a db update, or I need to resubmit the mod.

SleePy

Try adding the description under the About field on the GitHub page and updating it.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

shawnb61

Thank you, that worked!

The webhook executed successfully, but I didn't see it updated on the cust site.  However, I then tried a manual edit on the cust site and that worked this time (hadn't worked before).  v1.1 is now up there.

SleePy

I've noticed that as well.  I think it is a race-time condition occurrence.  GitHub notifies our system and it instantly goes back and checks GitHub, which GitHub has not updated their side (caching or propagation, not sure).  If you run the webhook again, it works.  I have an idea in my head that I haven't coded which is to add it to a task queue and let it process a few seconds later on our end.  Kinda stupid, but I think it would resolve it.

shawnb61

So...  Is the short description on GitHub required for SMF mods?

SleePy

Advertisement: