News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Strange behavior with attachments

Started by skb, October 18, 2023, 11:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Our forum has been experiencing something strange happening with the Attachments ever since 2.1 was introduced. Briefly, this is what happens (only some times)

We have a topic for Daily Quotes where the norm is to attach an image (usually jpg or png) and this works fine. The issue is that a thumbnail of the same image also gets attached to another post in another topic without cause. The frequency of this happening is like 1 in 20. This is happening only with my account as an Admin and not with the others. 

The only Mods we use are TP, Welcome Topic and a Custom Mod which has nothing to do with Attachments.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What version of 2.1 exactly, and is this still happening?
There were some odd issues with attachments early in 2.1 I think, but there shouldn't be any like this anymore.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

skb

It hasn't happened for some days now, but I haven't updated or done anything. It is very sporadic.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

skb

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Advertisement: