News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

why this file is not exist in my host?

Started by narangi, August 12, 2010, 04:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

narangi

i want to change content of this file: (index.english.php) but it is not exist in my host!why?

kat

Have you looked in the default theme's "languages" directory?

narangi

yes.but it is not there.
i searched it is not in my hosted files!?

gbsothere

I'd be surprised if it's actually missing, since your forum would be showing the effects of its not being there.  Try viewing the list alphabetically (if you're viewing in another mode, such as "Last Date Modified", etc.) and, if you still don't find it, open the SMF zip of your version, take the file from default's "Languages" folder and upload it to /Themes/default/Languages.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

narangi

i don't upload anything on my host, i installed smf from my hosting panel's scripts.

gbsothere

Quote from: narangi on August 12, 2010, 08:47:52 PM
i don't upload anything on my host, i installed smf from my hosting panel's scripts.

When you log into your hosting control panel, where are you looking to determine that the file is not there?  Do you have a File Manager?  If so, you can upload the file with it.  Or, you can download an ftp client (example:  http://filezilla-project.org/ ) then log in using your domain as the host and with your username and password and drag the file into /Themes/default/Languages.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

narangi

thanks. i upload it and after that i could to change title of my website but why my website didn't crashed because of missing that file?

gbsothere

Quote from: narangi on August 12, 2010, 09:31:52 PM
thanks. i upload it and after that i could to change title of my website but why my website didn't crashed because of missing that file?

I've never had this particular file missing and, not being as knowledgeable about each file's function as many here are, I wouldn't be the best person to answer that, but my guess is that your forum would load okay but, as you began to click around you would begin to encounter errors.  It seems to me that it must have been there but obscure on the list for some reason and that reuploading it brought it to the forefront. 

If this is sorted, would you mind clicking the "Topic Solved" link at the bottom of the thread?   :)

narangi

gbsothere

Advertisement: