News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Why this happens!

Started by xpowert, November 19, 2010, 02:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpowert

I use a smf version 1.1.12 and when i download and uploud a theme they dont work! All the time!
what i do wrong?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

How do they not work? What themes have you tried, a couple of examples would be fine?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

xpowert

Thmeme Name: Brown FS   Author:  Fussilet 
When i install it they show only text and nothing else!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The theme should work ok afaik, but perhaps there is something else wrong. Do you get any error to your logs when you try to install one?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

xpowert

No.. Maybe i do somethink wrong with my uploud! All the time a download theme put in it to folder on my dekstop and then go to forums themes and layouts and uploud a theme_info file!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yes - You are doing something wrong then :) Nothing big, but you have two ways to do this.

a) Go to your admin control panel -> Themes, and in the bottom there is an upload option, where you are supposed to upload the whole .zip file as it is.

b) First extract the zip, and upload all of it's contents to a folder of it's own, within /Themes - for example /Themes/BrownFS and then go to Admin -> Themes, and use the same install function but just give the folder location you extracted the files to.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

xpowert

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: