News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Biology Forums

Quote from: sunilimon on November 28, 2012, 04:35:50 PM
I would use external images instead uploading images to my server :D

What if that external server goes offline? Then you're screwed :(

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

New Update for Gallery System!

+Updated styling for SMF 2.0 for main areas for a better experience
+Updated admin areas with alternating row styles to make reading easier
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

thisizaremix

This would be awesome if it had some features like ADK Gallery, such as link to members gallery in post userarea, link in profile to personal gallery etc.

vbgamer45

Quote from: thisizaremix on March 30, 2013, 05:51:49 AM
This would be awesome if it had some features like ADK Gallery, such as link to members gallery in post userarea, link in profile to personal gallery etc.
User galleries are part of SMF Gallery Pro.
I try to avoid theme edits when possible so less chance of failure in custom themes.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

blakilox

I found a Bug

in Gallery2.template Line 1000

Should be
$txt['gallery_txt_htmllink']
not
$txt['gallery_set_showcode_htmllink']

This is a cute little Gallery though is just missing 2 critical features, and I am note sure if these are in the $50 version??

1, Downsize oversized images
(Because he can have real trouble understanding how to downsize a larger Pic and if it it too wide it breaks the look of the forum)
2, Ability for user to choose a Pic from the Gallery while making his post
(Rather than First He has to go to the Gallery and copy the BB Code which is a pain)

is that functionality in the Pay Version? though really I just want those basic features everything else is overkill for me

Garry

vbgamer45

Will look at that bug reported.

1. Yes in pro have resizing options to autoreisize. Thumbnail,medium sized, full size, and display settings

2. I believe we have an addon for gallery pro if not I can build it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

blakilox

Thanks vbgamer45, ok I paid for Gallery Pro, and install was flawless, Thank you so much
wow it's a lot more complex, I still don't understand how to make it size down large images, or how you add the Medium re-sized image into your forum post

Is it an Addon to Select a forum post image from the Gallery
i.e He or she Uploads to the Gallery first, then Selects it into his or her post, from the Gallery, rather than posting the complex looking image BB code

Can you make that? dosen't everybody want to do it that way?

Cool

Thanks
Garry

vbgamer45

For autoresizing.

The system uses the setting called "Resize Images if too large"
And it uses the Max Image Width and Max Image Height settings as the resize options

For second thing I have this addon - Post Image Upload - On forum message
http://www.smfhacks.com/index.php/topic,6365.0.html
Might need to be tweaked a little to get what you need.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

blakilox

I can see that re-sizing now, that is great, the paid version is worth it just for that feature, Thankyou!
These days modern digital cameras take pics that are way too big for web and the average user does not want to or does not know how to re-size it down to a suitable dimension
This will save much disk space and bandwidth and make image posts in my forum more presentable

With the other link, (6365) I get this error
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

vbgamer45 could you please check that link? I did log in to SMFHacks

Garry

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

blakilox

Got it all working Thanks vbgamer45
That Post Image Upload.
Now That's what I am talking about!!!!

Excellent little Mod, to Gallery Pro, it worked beautifully, this makes so much more sense, to simply upload an image while making a Post.
It is so logical I can't understand why everyone is not looking for that feature, I can't even do it here right now, If I could I would post a Pic and show you, haha, now I can't be bothered uploading it somewhere else then coming back here

I am having trouble understanding why dosen't everyone want to do this one?
Perhaps is it because forum managers save Space and Bandwidth by having images hosted elsewhere?

Thankyou so much vbgamer45, I am so pleased!!

Garry

vbgamer45

Glad you enjoy that addon for Gallery Pro I have bunch of other small ones you should also check out in the downloads forum.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

blakilox

:-) Thank you vbgamer45 , I will

Hey I am experiencing some minor bugs with "Add image to post and upload to Gallery"

Though the images upload they don't add to the Total Images count and seem partially orphaned
e.g In the Gallery the Thumbnail of the uploaded picture displays though when I click on the Thumbnail it gives "An Error Has occures No picture Exists"

May I suggest Would it be better to insert a BB Code rather than a HTML Link?
With the current method My Added image does not Zoom nicely like a Regular gallery image (i.e bb added images in a post have Click to enlarge)

I see the nubie user may be not sure what is the difference between "Add Picture" and "User Gallery" he will not know which Upload Picture box to select for his result.
Could the form be reduced to One Browse for image box? to simplify

If I neglect to Select a Category, I end up with "An Error has Occured, You need to select a Category"
Would some client side validation help advoid this?

Garry

blakilox

This sort of thing, like the Images uploaded with the Post Image Upload are kind of Phantom

Garry

vbgamer45

Will look into this soon been really busy the last week.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

blakilox

Thanks Vbgamer45
I have just uninstalled post image upload temporarily for now
If you need me to switch that on again I can, so you could see the bugs? I am just worried the users in my growing little forum may post these phantom images and the only way I can see to repair them is to delete them

you can see the Phantom Image issue in my Gallery now on the blue image
http://ormusforum.com [nofollow] / forum

None the less, this mod is brilliant, I really think this is the way to go, if it can be made easy for the poster to add his or her image "while he posts" the Gallery use will be far more popular

Traditionally my topic has been handled by old school email lists
the point of starting my forum is to use images in it's discussion, your Gallery is just that, Thank you so much for your help

Garry
Australia

Advertisement: