News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Preview][SMF 2.1] Chakra

Started by TwitchisMental, June 30, 2023, 11:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

I have finally gotten a small creative spark again :D .  So I took the spark and ran with it.

I present to y'all my next SMF theme... CHAKRA.  Special thanks to @Steve and his Wife on helping me think of a name :).

Chakra is a light multicolor earthy tone SMF theme.

You cannot view this attachment.

Steve

Aw shucks. Twern't nothin'.  ;D
DO NOT pm me for support!

Forumz

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on June 30, 2023, 02:52:58 PMAw shucks. Twern't nothin'.  ;D
Either way...I still appreciate it :) .

Quote from: Forumz on June 30, 2023, 03:14:21 PMLooks nice  8)

Thank you, what do you like about it? Anything you would add or change?

Antechinus

Off to a good start (I know you'll keep messing with it). :)

Diego Andrés

Very nice.

Even though the category description is not a very popular feature, I think it looks better separated from the cat_bar.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Antechinus

I'd go with a new line at least. It's going to get messy otherwise, especially on phones.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Diego Andrés on June 30, 2023, 05:32:54 PMVery nice.

Even though the category description is not a very popular feature, I think it looks better separated from the cat_bar.
You know, I saw you do that on another theme and thought it was a pretty cool way to deal with the category description.

Quote from: Antechinus on June 30, 2023, 05:34:54 PMI'd go with a new line at least. It's going to get messy otherwise, especially on phones.
That is true, but there are solutions for that aswell :).

Thank y'all for your input :).

Steve

Quote from: TwitchisMental on June 30, 2023, 03:24:00 PMAnything you would add or change?
Change the black bar at the bottom to match the rest of the catbars. That's all I can see that I would do off the top of my head.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on July 01, 2023, 07:37:22 AM
Quote from: TwitchisMental on June 30, 2023, 03:24:00 PMAnything you would add or change?
Change the black bar at the bottom to match the rest of the catbars. That's all I can see that I would do off the top of my head.
Hummm not sure i'd wanna do that. I only say this because certain sections have the cat_bar on top and then the title_Bar right below it. It would look odd to have two of the same color bars on top of each other.   Atleast in my opinion.

Just an example go to Admin CP > Members > View All Members.

Steve

Oh! Now I understand.

Antechinus

Quote from: TwitchisMental on July 01, 2023, 08:09:12 PMHummm not sure i'd wanna do that. I only say this because certain sections have the cat_bar on top and then the title_Bar right below it. It would look odd to have two of the same color bars on top of each other.   Atleast in my opinion.

Fun fact: the 2.1 default theme all started when I got bored one day, and started re-theming admin with only CSS changes. I was probably the first nutter daft enough to fully theme admin independently of the forum itself.

Point being that you can change rare cases like the one you mention, by just being a bit more specific for those cases. So if the idea would look good in most places, don't let a few odd places stop you doing it. :)

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Antechinus on July 02, 2023, 04:32:58 PM
Quote from: TwitchisMental on July 01, 2023, 08:09:12 PMHummm not sure i'd wanna do that. I only say this because certain sections have the cat_bar on top and then the title_Bar right below it. It would look odd to have two of the same color bars on top of each other.  Atleast in my opinion.

Fun fact: the 2.1 default theme all started when I got bored one day, and started re-theming admin with only CSS changes. I was probably the first nutter daft enough to fully theme admin independently of the forum itself.

Point being that you can change rare cases like the one you mention, by just being a bit more specific for those cases. So if the idea would look good in most places, don't let a few odd places stop you doing it. :)

That is actually pretty cool that it all started with bordem :D

You say rare, but it is a-lot of the ACP :P.

With that said most of it can be changed with -
#admin_content .title_bar {
   background: whatever;
}

Not gonna lie though, I really like the title_bar as it is now. Decisions... Decisions lol.

TwitchisMental

Alright, I have made quite a bit more progress with this one. Still have some other stuff to adjust, but it is coming along nicely I think. 

Blue -

Red -

Green -

Edit:

Also trying to do a different logo

Steve

Very nice! I like the font of the logo ...

Antechinus

This site is in desperate need of Highslide (or something similar).

Re the logo font: to me eye the Gothic look of the "new logo" shot doesn't match the theme as well. I would be inclined to stick with the original logo font, which I think is very good for this theme. Although I might think about tightening up the text shadow a bit, to make it slightly crisper.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Antechinus on July 03, 2023, 07:25:25 PMThis site is in desperate need of Highslide (or something similar).

Re the logo font: to me eye the Gothic look of the "new logo" shot doesn't match the theme as well. I would be inclined to stick with the original logo font, which I think is very good for this theme. Although I might think about tightening up the text shadow a bit, to make it slightly crisper.

Thank you, I appreciate the input.  I agree that the gothic font doesn't match the theme as well as the first one.

TwitchisMental

Alright, I think I am just about done with this one. Still a few tweaks to make for smaller screens, but nothing crazy.

I did go ahead and change the title_bar background for the info center but kept it black for other locations. Went back to the original logo but made it a bit more clear. Did quite a few other minor things too.

Should be able to get this uploaded today or tomorrow as long as I do not find any other issues.

Blue

Red

Green

Forumz

I'm gonna be that guy  :P  I would have left the black bar as it was ;)

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Forumz on July 05, 2023, 02:37:00 PMI'm gonna be that guy  :P  I would have left the black bar as it was ;)
Can't win them all. On the bright side, if one would like to change it back, it would be as easy as removing a few lines in the index.css.

Advertisement: