News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slovenec

I have the latest version (ad&SMF). I was trying to uninstall it because the name of the mod suddenly didn't appear at Configuration menu (i install it and also USE it). Anyway, i installed it again and now it works but i have problem because reg users can't see the ads?!? The only member that can see it  is me, administrator. How can i solve this problem?

(i don't have any other mods installed)

Bigguy

Check permissions for each membergroup.

slovenec

thx  ;) (i'm new at SMF :-[ )

dilipkhanolkar

Can anyone try to help me in creating space for the admod what i mean is an adzone is near about overlapping the usermenus on the site can anyone help me in creating or defining space for the adzone you can have a look at the site over here http://dilipkhanolkar.110mb.com/forum/index.php

RoCKeT-88

How can I add this to Juno theme? 

Thanks!
Insert Witty Signature Here.

Taurusguy

Hi ... i currently love using the helios multi theme for my websites forum .. i upgraded my forum to 1.1.3 SMF recently ... joined google adsense ..and installed that new ad mod. NOw .. my ads show up in the default theme for SMF .. but do not show up in Helios theme. I know little .. to nothing about php so if someone could point me in a direction thats idiot proof, that would be great ... also .. the ad at the top of my forum (in default theme) is not centered .. its all the way to the left.

Any and all help for this matter would be much appreciated ... i have browsed around for a long time .. trying to read on this .. and figure it out .. and i cant seem to grasp it.

Well .. i also found THIS http://files4.smfhelp.com/index.php?dir=Ad+mod+edited+files%2F [nofollow]

but when i used the files that came with it (the helios multi files) ..... it gave me this error across the bottom ..

Helios /
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tportal_version() in /home/vavropup/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code on line 510

BUt the top ad shows fine .. just the rest of the ads are overlapping ... along with that error on the bottom of the page that stretches the forum out of wack. I only have the new admod installed .. and no other mods ..

Very frusterating ... plz hlp.

Lufa

Correction: A-ha! I am using non-default Theme... :)

Hi! I just installed you mod!
Thank you very much for your work!

But it doesn't work for me (SMF 1.1 RC3, smfads v2.3).

There was no errors during the installation. I am using it for Google Adsense (already present in other pages). There was no errors during configuration as well.

I switch on all possible variants of placing the ads. But no page in my Forum has it (neither visible no in HTML code).

What did I miss? Thank you!!!

Lufa

After editing my Template all work accept
"Display ads after the last post". :(

Any advice?
Thank you!

diegolyanky

Quote from: Bigguy on July 28, 2007, 09:57:49 PM
@ diegolyanky: I would think so, yes. :)

So ? ... Must I wait for an upgrade ?  :D
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

JoshieDaMan

I am so confused with this, however I have all of passed except display.template. So I have been trying to work with this manual.

The code from ad management -
<file name="$themedir/Display.template.php">
<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings;]]></search>

<add><![CDATA[
//Display ads on the thread page
if (function_exists("show_threadAds"))
{
$ads = show_threadAds();
if(!empty($ads))
if($ads['type']==0)
echo $ads['content'];
else
eval($ads['content']);
unset($ads);
}
]]></add>
</operation>

I fellowed it, I probably done it wrong. No doubt about me done it wrong, but heres what I did -

<?php
// Version: 1.1; Display

function template_main()
{
global $context$settings$options$txt$scripturl$modSettings;
global $db_prefix;

//Display ads on the thread page
if (function_exists("show_threadAds"))
{
$ads show_threadAds();
if(!empty($ads))
if($ads['type']==0)
echo $ads['content'];
else
eval($ads['content']);
unset($ads);
}

// Show the anchor for the top and for the first message. If the first message is new, say so.

Could you please fix it in my display.template.php? After you finished it, send it back to me then I'll overwrite it. It would be greatly appreciate if you'd do this for me.

dilipkhanolkar

In my theme od dilber mc on this site: -  http://www.technsoft.co.nr/  I am facing a problem of my ads not centering or appearing in the desired or expected position

Taurusguy

Quote from: dilipkhanolkar on August 01, 2007, 07:18:10 AM
In my theme od dilber mc on this site: -  http://www.technsoft.co.nr/ [nofollow]  I am facing a problem of my ads not centering or appearing in the desired or expected position

just go to where your adsence code is and put <center> one line above your code .. and </center> one line under your code .. THAT should center it. (worked for me anyhow)

you do this RIGHT in the ad mod in your admin center.

JoshieDaMan

And for the code I have, whoever is the management of this ad management, don't have to rush. I can check daily on this one to see if either one of you help me with it.:)

dilipkhanolkar

just go to where your adsence code is and put <center> one line above your code .. and </center> one line under your code .. THAT should center it. (worked for me anyhow)

you do this RIGHT in the ad mod in your admin center.

Nopes it didnt help me i would suggest you have a look at my site http://www.technsoft.co.nr/ & know the definite meaning of center which i wanna tell

ITA003

There is an error in the html generated page...
You can not insert the code after tags </td><script... your code here show the second google ads code.

dilipkhanolkar

Quote from: ITA003 on August 02, 2007, 10:19:20 AM
There is an error in the html generated page...
You can not insert the code after tags </td><script... your code here show the second google ads code.

I am using the same adsense code for the first & second banners just kept a tick to show ads below menu & well it is showing ads above menu & pushing the menu a little off the track

ITA003

The problem is where do you have insert the php code to show the ads. Can you send the your theme's index.template.php?

dilipkhanolkar

I have attached my index.template.php to this post

ITA003

Try this file... make a backup of your file and than upload this.

If works, check difference with original file to know that I do.
Now the Ads will be shown under the menu bar correctly. I move the Tower section code just before the end of template_main_above() function.

dilipkhanolkar

Quote from: ITA003 on August 02, 2007, 06:27:04 PM
Try this file... make a backup of your file and than upload this.

If works, check difference with original file to know that I do.
Now the Ads will be shown under the menu bar correctly. I move the Tower section code just before the end of template_main_above() function.
ok thanks it works but now it looks like the adcode has been modified the ad is shown as a full line instead of just the ad in the section you can have a look at http://www.technsoft.co.nr/
But first thanks for your help & support

Advertisement: