News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ces

hey guys hopefully somebody can help me with this i have been trying for 2 weeks and keep getting this error and have no idea what to do  i run smf 2.4

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

I ALSO GET THIS:

1.     Execute Code     install.php     
*    2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./index.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./index.php    Test successful
      3.    Add After    ./index.php    Test successful
*    3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
*    4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
      3.    Add After    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
      4.    Add After    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
      5.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
*    5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
*    6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Add After    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test failed
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
      3.    Replace    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
*    7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
*    8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
   9.    Extract File    ./Sources/Ads.php    
   10.    Extract File    ./Sources/LoadAds.php    
   11.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Ads.template.php    
   12.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Ads.english.php    
   13.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Ads.english-utf8.php

KrisBG

Quote from: chakru on January 16, 2009, 01:30:45 PM
I tried installing this mod on my new smf 1.1.7 but it doesnot seem to work!!

any help please

I use the same version of SMF 1.1.7.
Ad Management  installation is successful but the problem is not anything out of the administrative panel to add the ads.
Can a little help where, what should be changed to work.

abcx

In the installation instruction of Ad Management 2.3.3 for SMF 1.1.7 there is a section that says:

Code
install.php
This file should not be able to execute standalone. You may have to run the following queries manually.

Query: [Select]
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS {$db_prefix}ads (ADS_ID mediumint unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,NAME tinytext NOT NULL,CONTENT text NOT NULL,BOARDS tinytext,POSTS tinytext,HITS mediumint NOT NULL default '0',TYPE smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',show_index smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',show_board smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',show_threadindex smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',show_lastpost smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',show_thread smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',show_bottom smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',show_welcome smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',show_topofpage smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',show_towerright smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',show_towerleft smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',show_betweencategories smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',show_underchildren smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0',PRIMARY KEY (ADS_ID))
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS {$db_prefix}ads_settings (variable tinytext NOT NULL,value text NOT NULL,PRIMARY KEY (variable(30)))
ALTER IGNORE TABLE {$db_prefix}adsADD   show_lastpost smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER show_threadindex
ALTER IGNORE TABLE {$db_prefix}adsADD   CATEGORY tinytext AFTER POSTS
ALTER IGNORE TABLE {$db_prefix}adsADD   show_underchildren smallint(4) NOT NULL default '0'
INSERT IGNORE INTO {$db_prefix}settings(variable, value)VALUES ('ads_displayAdsAdmin', '0'),('ads_updateReports', '0'),('ads_quickDisable', '0'),('ads_lookLikePosts'

Can someone please explain what I am suppose to do? How to execute standalone / run the queries manually? Thanks!

coucnilhomeswap

ca someone help me please. ive installed it correctly and now i get this error.

"Table 'a5512024_smf9.smf_ads' doesn't exist
File: /home/a5512024/public_html/Sources/LoadAds.php
Line: 33

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.7, while your database is at version 1.1.6. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php."

I personally can not run MySql queries

Majo0od

Thats the same error I got, how do I fix that?

alex30

Hi guys! Quick question.

Tried to install ad mod on my forum and I actually did that successfully, but once installed, it doesn't appear under "Themes and.." in admin panel. I have no idea why it's not there.

What do you think, what's wrong?

KrisBG

I think that this is not the Themes  because I switched all  Themes  and nothing happens again no where to administer ads.
I hope someone here to answer.
Whether there is someone who works Ad Management mod? ??? ??? ???

KrisBG

Quote from: alex30 on January 20, 2009, 12:39:40 AM
Hi guys! Quick question.

Tried to install ad mod on my forum and I actually did that successfully, but once installed, it doesn't appear under "Themes and.." in admin panel. I have no idea why it's not there.

I found where is the problem.
Must to be English and will be OK

alex30

Quote from: KrisBG on January 20, 2009, 05:04:09 AM
Quote from: alex30 on January 20, 2009, 12:39:40 AM
Hi guys! Quick question.

I found where is the problem.
Must to be English and will be OK

But I'm, using foreign language on forum. How do I enable it with different language?

sombra

i tried to look for the archives i need to edit so i can see the adds on the custom theme im using followd the intructions but im a little bit list here some lines i can find if somone can give me a hand here for what i saw in a before post im supost to edit every file in /Themes/default/ in my case darckbreak if im rigth theres only one in there

/Themes/darkbreak_20b4/index.template.php

so i think its the only one i need to edit but there are some lines i can find to edit so im looking for a little help here

KrisBG

So did the following:
Switched to English and administer ads, then switched again in another language. And the ads are OK but the problem is that I only see them that is an administrator. Which of course sucks.
So has anyone to say how to correct these ads  :o

sanga282

ive tried installing this mod and i get about a page of errors in my forum error log, also there is no way for me to actively change the adverts because i install the mod and basically the modification it should make, i.e giving me a menu that i can add an advert from doesnt appear, the link isnt appearing there

KrisBG

After the change in English right and who is entitled to see the ads. Corrected by premissinon and I guess everything will be fine.
Then Go back to your language.

sombra

ok hello. first i got to say nice mod good job.

i have it installed and working great on theme default but i got a problem i want it to work on other theme darkbreak and i read on som post before i need to edit 3 files that are ./Themes/default/

looking for them i only found one for the darbreak theme and my problem is that looking on the code i need to edit some lines are mising and i will need to ask whay can i do the first one is ok i fount it and added after the code that it told me

but then i went to the second one...

<div class="windowbg2 clearfix">';

and cant find it if sombody can tell me what to do

then i have the 3 one tha is

echo '
         </div>

---------------------------------------------------------------------

i founded 2 that are almost the same

echo '
               </div>
            </div>
         </div>
      </div>
      <div id="bdy-l">
         <div id="bdy-r">
            <div id="bdy-tl">
               <div id="bdy-tr">
                  <div id="bodyarea">';

// Show the navigation tree.
   theme_linktree();

}

function template_body_below()
{
   global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt;

echo '
                  </div>
               </div>
            </div>
         </div>
      </div>';

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must....

so were do i need to edit to be more exact?

then i went loooking for the 4 one and didint fount it either

template_menu();

hope somone can help me hehe i dont know nothing about php but im triying :D

jay.clark

Ok, I managed to figure out server side includes, and it works pretty well so far.

I figured out why I was getting the orginal error message, when you set an add for PHP coding you do NOT surround the code with <?php xxxxxxx ?> duh !

I then tried to use the include command, only to find out that the include function is disabled by my hosting service.

What finally worked was using the file_get_contents.

So far I have gotten the RSS feed to display, as well as being able to to use the built in cgi random quote generator from the hosting service.

To make this stuff work you have to first create a page someplace on your server with the content you wish to display, the use the file_get_contents from within the ad settings

Create page containing the information you want      to include, if you are going to use server side includes be sure to save      as *.shtml
In Ad Manager set type to php and insert the following code     
$a = file_get_contents("http://www.vegasbdsm.com/bots/snakewoman.shtml");
echo ($a);

Now I just need to find the donate button to back up my good feelings with some cash
SMF 1.11- SMF 2.0 RC2/RC3 - - RSS Feed Poster 2.2,RSS Feeder 1.1.4, Downloads System Pro 1.0.17.1, SMF Classifieds 1.3.5, SMF Gallery Pro 3.0.2, SimpleDesk - Integrated Helpdesk for Simple Machines Forum 1.0 Felidae, Aeva Media 1.1b, Ultimate Profile     0.9, Google Analytics Code 1.1, Twitter and Facebook Publisher mod 2.4, Stop Spammer 2.3.7, SMF Links 2.2, Site map 2.1.2, AjaxChat Integration 3.2.1, Ad Management 2.3.6

SMF (Donated) SMF Links (donated) - Ad Manager (donated) - phpMyChat (donated)

saad_4rmpk

hi plz solve my problem see in this pic

i have install ad manager now see in this pic

i can not see ad option plz help me out

eazy24

Quoteauthor=KrisBG link=topic=68632.msg1885153#msg1885153
I use the same version of SMF 1.1.7.
Ad Management  installation is successful but the problem is not anything out of the administrative panel to add the ads.
Can a little help where, what should be changed to work.

look at server settings>>Default Forum Language
if you have default language english-utf8 than you just must make another file called Ads.english-utf8.php(same content inside like Ads.english.php have,only change name)  and upload it same place where is Ads.english.php
is.,that helped me to make visible on menu.
hope this helps anybody :)

sombra

ok hello. first i got to say nice mod good job.

i have it installed and working great on theme default but i got a problem i want it to work on other theme darkbreak and i read on som post before i need to edit 3 files that are ./Themes/default/

looking for them i only found one for the darbreak theme and my problem is that looking on the code i need to edit some lines are mising and i will need to ask whay can i do the first one is ok i fount it and added after the code that it told me

but then i went to the second one...

<div class="windowbg2 clearfix">';

and cant find it if sombody can tell me what to do

then i have the 3 one tha is

echo '
         </div>

---------------------------------------------------------------------

i founded 2 that are almost the same

echo '
               </div>
            </div>
         </div>
      </div>
      <div id="bdy-l">
         <div id="bdy-r">
            <div id="bdy-tl">
               <div id="bdy-tr">
                  <div id="bodyarea">';

// Show the navigation tree.
   theme_linktree();

}

function template_body_below()
{
   global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt;

echo '
                  </div>
               </div>
            </div>
         </div>
      </div>';

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must....

so were do i need to edit to be more exact?

then i went loooking for the 4 one and didint fount it either

template_menu();

hope somone can help me hehe i dont know nothing about php but im triying :D

i havent figured out this problem if someone can help me

thanks

ohioreef

I installed this mod and it looks like it will fit my needs very well, however I do have a problem.

When I add an ad under ad management it adds it twice. If I try to delete one it deletes them both.

Any idea what might be wrong? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it did not help.

Advertisement: