News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Need to return a deleted user account.

Started by airric00, December 26, 2009, 01:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airric00

Had a member that was deleted and now wants to return his posts.  He was a paying member so I don't want to tell him no..   Can someone help me with the database and restore his account?

hadesflames

The only way you can restore his account after it has been deleted is if you have a back up of your database where he is still a member. The problem with that is that you will likely lose some of your more recent posts, so what you can do is download a db back up now, and replace the members table with the one from your older back up. Restore that back up and you should retain your posts, and have him back as a member.

airric00

Sounds good.. He only had 6 posts anyway.   If I can just restore his account that would be good..   I don't have a clue how to download that back up replace the table...  If someone could help me or walk me through it that would be great...    Please PM me if you can give me a few minutes to get started..

Kays

For SMF 2.0, Admin CP > Forum Maintenance > Members > Reattribute User Posts

There you can do so by member name or email address

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

airric00

Will that return the user to active status and not guest?   

Kill Em All

No, the user first needs to re-register. Then you run that and they will just be assigned their old posts.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

airric00

Thank you guys...   I asked him to re-register, hope that will work...

Advertisement: