News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

FlashChat Integration

Started by Tyrsson, January 05, 2007, 03:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

1- it very clearly states that this mod does not support any version of flashchat other than 4.x
2- ALWAYS take a backup before you do anything
3- you will probably have to manually remove the changes for this mod... follow the manual install instructions form the mod site, in reverse.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tamasir

He was my backup. I resettled it.  He functions properly resettled on all of them.
How I can integrate it FlashChat v6.0.7 verizon it smf my forum?
Please help me.

If I install it FlashChat v4.7.12 version, everything well then.
The chat appears then button in the menu.

Kindred

I am not certain what your first statement means....

There is no integration of FC6.x and SMF apart from the standard FC integration (shared logins)

This mod does work with FC 4.7.12.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tamasir

Kindred
FlashChat integracion mod works for me on my forum, v4.8.3 with a version. ;)
Thanks....
tamasir~

Kat9119

Quote from: mcalan2001 on August 23, 2008, 05:54:08 AM
This is the bit of code that controls which groups can access the chatroom:
This isn't a bit of code to paste in, you must adapt it to what you want.
//  if($status == 0 || ($status > 3 && $status < 99 )) return ROLE_USER;
  if(in_array(14, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_USER;

//  if(in_array(0, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_USER;

If the first line wasn't commented out, it would allow all groups to access chat. You just need to change the '9' to '99' if you have any problems with groups being excluded.
The next line I added. Group '14' is the additional group on my board, that I wanted to have access to chat. So only admins, moderators and members of this additional group can see the chatroom.
The last line also needs commenting out, if you are restricting access.

Thanks, I'm giving this a try now. I've been searching for well over a year on how to fix this. One person said to edit that file, but didn't say how or what.

So I tried your edits. Except I made mine look like this:

function getRoles($status, $additionalGroups) {

if($status == 1 || in_array(1, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_ADMIN;

if($status == 2 || in_array(2, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_MODERATOR;
  if($status == 3 || in_array(19, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_MODERATOR;

//  if($status == 0 || ($status > 3)) return ROLE_USER;
  if(in_array(4, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_USER;
  if(in_array(14, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_USER;
  if(in_array(15, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_USER;
  if(in_array(16, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_USER;
  if(in_array(17, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_USER;
  if(in_array(18, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_USER;
  if(in_array(20, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_USER;
//  if(in_array(0, $additionalGroups)) return ROLE_USER;

Because I want all my custom groups to have access, but not the banned group which is group #11. However, right after I did this someone in group #17 tried to get into the chat room and could not.

Kat9119

Never did get help for the above question....not that I really expected to...but anyhow..

But I'm curious if anyone ever got SMF 2.0 RC3 and FC 5.0.11 to work together in some mod like this? Its the only thing stopping me from upgrading to 2.0

DarkflameQ

I've been running Flashchat v6.0.8 on my SMF 2.0 RC3 site for just over a month now.

I can definitely vouch that this is one of best affordable embeddable chat programs out there in terms of customization, functions and resource usage (with 15+ people chatting, only takes up roughly 4-8% CPU usage where shout boxes take up anything between 14-30%) but be warned the support for this product is currently non existent!

It's just a good thing it only set me back $5 and not $50 otherwise i'd be more angry about my questions on the forum being completely ignored, lol

Anyhoo, i look forward to this mod being updated to support the 6x series eventually (the 4x series is vulnerable to hacks and exploits, just youtube it and you'll see what i mean).

rocknroller

can someone help me with flash chat? SMF 2.0RC 2

I was install flash chat manualy a long ago, witout this mod.  And i was create chat button ni the Subs.php. All I want is number how manny users are in chat next to the button chat, like in this mod.

Can some one help me in this?

avguste

I am also having a problem integrating with SMF 2.4
I posted on the FlashChat site and here is the link

http://forum.tufat.com/showthread.php?t=69385

Any ideas?

Mr. Jinx

I'm getting the exact same thing.
I know the mod doesn't support Flashchat 6, but even the simple flashchat<>smf integration provided by tufat doesn't work :(

Tyrsson

If memory serves the integration that is posted on the tufat site was at one time for the 1.x.xx version of smf. If it has not been updated there could very well be code that needs to be updated, dif $vars etc.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Bobn

Any chance this will work on RC4?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

impreza

great mod, thanks for making it
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Mr. Jinx

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on January 09, 2011, 10:09:44 PM
If memory serves the integration that is posted on the tufat site was at one time for the 1.x.xx version of smf. If it has not been updated there could very well be code that needs to be updated, dif $vars etc.

There is an update to make Flashchat 6 work with SMF 1.x and SMF 2.x
http://forum.tufat.com/showthread.php?t=65648

Works great! This solves the problem where you get a blue screen after login, and also fixes the admin interface.

please note: This is not a fix for the mod, it is only a fix for the smf/flashchat integration.

[Lucien]

Quote from: Bobn on January 10, 2011, 08:12:06 PM
Any chance this will work on RC4?

Quote from: Kindred on January 10, 2011, 10:47:08 PM
no chance at all
Pleaseee, i hope the creator can make it compatible for RC4.......
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

Tyrsson

It will not be for RC4, but there will be an update for 2.0 final.

[Lucien]

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on January 18, 2011, 03:57:53 PM

Oke i'm happy now that i know :) Thnx
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

TeaTephi

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on January 18, 2011, 03:57:53 PM

Okay, but I'm gonna try to find a work-around!  Could I add my own tab with a link to the chat interface, OR I could add a tinyportal block with a link to chat!

Just thinking out loud here.
SMF 2.0.2 | TinyPortal 1.107 Veterans day theme Opera 11.50
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

Tyrsson

You can link to it yes. There is many post here that describe how to add a tab.

Advertisement: