News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Disable Right Click (v4.0 Released!)

Started by Chas Large, May 07, 2008, 07:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProtoGT

possible to disable right click just on images ?

LIFE IS GOOD

I have not read the entire topic, but I maintain that this mod has a bug.
The error is the global moderators, all groups in the forum can be set to "right click", other than the global moderator ... so I then moderators for the above complaints, because they say right click is activated ... unfortunately permissions for global moderators (on the right-click) can not be adjusted.
Thank you for your understanding ;)

kulfi

Hello,
I just installed this Mod right now but it's not working. I've gone through most of the posts on this thread and followed all the instructions that were given. I manually edited the codes because I was not too sure where the mod would go in the folder itself. But still no go. Any help?

I'm using firefox.

Matthew K.

Hey there Kulfi!

First of all, welcome to SMF! Regarding your question, I apologize to inform you that SMF Modders is no longer supporting their mods, and still waiting for some to be transferred out of their account.

Best Regards,
Labradoodle-360

kulfi

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 01, 2011, 01:31:24 AM
Hey there Kulfi!

First of all, welcome to SMF! Regarding your question, I apologize to inform you that SMF Modders is no longer supporting their mods, and still waiting for some to be transferred out of their account.

Best Regards,
Labradoodle-360

So there is no support for any of the mods? Is there any other way one can get help on this issue?

dougiefresh

Thank you for the wonderful mod!  I thought I'd let everybody know that when I updated my forum from 2.0 RC5 to 2.0 Gold, I had to reinstall all my mods.  This mod installed without issues and without emulation.  Hope this info helps someone!

RvG

Firefox 5 is giving you the option to ignore messages then after that you can use the right click !

"Prevent this page from creating addtional dialogues"

Edit: I find that you can disable the message but it will be nice if this can override firefox. :)

Monkey50

how do i stop guest from right clicking

crelle.pro

You can bypass this mod in firefox very very very easily. Please fix! Its integrated in firefox, this bypass..

kulfi

My disable the right works but only in the login page and registration. how would i get it to work all over the forum?

Matthew K.

Actually pretty surprised I still have this one. It's by no means maintained. I'm actually going to discontinue it, because there's no way to completely prevent "disabling right click".

kulfi

well my question was that if it works on those two pages, how would i get it to work on other pages too? not everyone is a techy so won't know how to bypass it. so was wondering.

Matthew K.

To be completely honest, I've never touched any of the code of this mod before, so I'm not sure why it's responding for you how it is.

davegior

I think this mod works pretty good. Thank you.
Can I disable right click for text in posting a message?
It prevents the Spell Check from working if you right click the miss-spelled word for the correct spelling choice.

davegior

What and how does this setting work? Can I get more details?

"Set if you want to disable the mod in determinated actions
Separate each action with commas (login,register,..)"

And...... is there a space after the comma?
I tried to use post,text,posting,spell check
but don't think that is right.

davegior

Labradoodle-360,
If you are no longer supporting or answering questions for this mod then please remove it and any other mods that you no longer support.

Matthew K.

I removed this mod quite some time ago.

davegior

Matthew K.

Just because it has a topic, and is open does not mean it's still supported. And you could be polite with your previous post.

Chas Large

I have now taken over responsibility for this mod.

The Mod has been updated and tested. Now works correctly on 1.1.xx (Tested on 1.1.16 but should work with earlier versions). Also works correctly on 2.0.xx (Tested on 2.0.2).

Tested with Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and IE (All current versions) on a Windows PC.

I have changed some of the wording for the English language installs but if anyone wants to amend or add a new language, please post your language file text strings like this:

// Disable Right Click BY: Chas Large
$txt['arrange_drc'] = 'Deshabilita el click derecho para determinados grupos de usuarios';
$txt['drc_msg'] = 'Mostrar un mensaje personalizado como error';
$txt['drc_message2'] = 'Lo Sentimos, pero el click derecho esta desactivado';
$txt['drc_title'] = 'Escribe el mensaje personalizado (Puedes dejar esto vacio)';
$txt['drc_exception'] = 'Selecciona si quieres deshabilitar el mod en determinadas acciones<br /><span class="smalltext">Separa cada accion con comas (login,register,..)</span>';
$txt['permissionname_right_click'] = 'Click Derecho';
$txt['permissionhelp_right_click'] = 'Este permiso determina si los usuarios de este grupo de miembros pueden usar el click derecho.';

and

// Disable Right Click BY: Chas Large
$helptxt['drc_msg'] = 'Activalo para mostrar un mensaje personalizado cuando el usuario haga el click derecho';
$helptxt['drc_title'] = 'Escribe el mensaje personalizado que sera mostrado, solo funciona s&iacute; la opci&oacute;n "Mostrar un mensaje personalizado como error" esta seleccionada';

Enjoy and please let me know if you're happy with the mod or have any problems.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: