Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

I don't think either of those would be impacted by this mod. How are you sure there's a problem?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

runvs

The only information I have is after installing pretty urls when trying to get back up I get this.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

If your internal test shows it is not pretty url mod  causing this I certainly do apologize.

But this is the only change made to my forum when the error keeps coming up.

Thank you for your time.
Help me I'm a noob

Dannii

Hmm, I'll look into it sometime.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

runvs

Another issue this mod did effect is FlashChat Integration. I am not sure if your aware of this but I do want to report it to you.

Pretty urls is a great mod!!  I need to work out the small bug I have.
Help me I'm a noob

Dannii

If a mod like FlashChat isn't working I'd guess that's cause it's using relative URLs.

olufemo

I successfully install the MOD and all is fine except that all my sub-domains become inaccessible (got code=DNS_HOST_NOT_FOUND] The host name was not found during the DNS lookup)

guess change in .htaccess then I restore backup file, subdomain become accessible and forum start to give 404 errors.

Pls is there any way I can get around this.

Dannii

.htaccess shouldn't be change anything to do with the DNS... how are your subdomains set up?

stanaca

Hie Danni,
I have a forum http://www.stanaca.com with pretty urls and working fine.

When i maked a new forum on http://www.rkyboard.com pointed to http://www.stanaca.com/www.rkyboard.com as alia, the pretty urls not working please check it.

How can i slove this

stanaca

Quote from: Dannii on June 19, 2008, 09:33:31 PM
.htaccess shouldn't be change anything to do with the DNS... how are your subdomains set up?

I have also problem related to this issue. subdomains are pointed to subdirectories and the .htaccess file affecting all subdirectories.

Dannii

Hmm try adding a RewriteCond to check if the domain is actually for stanaca.com.

stanaca

Quote from: Dannii on June 20, 2008, 06:23:53 AM
Hmm try adding a RewriteCond to check if the domain is actually for stanaca.com.

What is RewriteCond and how can can i add this

Dannii

Try putting this after the RewriteEngine on line:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} stanaca\.com [NC]

stanaca

Where i put this, in stanaca.com or stanaca.com/www.rkyboard.com(www.rkyboard.com) and what will change after doing this?

Dannii

In the root, where Pretty URLs is.

stanaca

ok, i edited but nothing changed. what i do now?

Dannii

Hmm I'm not sure. You'd have to ask someone with experience for the way you've set up subdomains. I've always set up subdomains independently of the root domain.

axlarry

Hey, this is fantastic! Just like what I was looking for!
I just put this mod on my forum and now it's working just... great!! ;D

But I do have some notes about this :

Quote from: Chadrew on June 11, 2008, 07:37:51 AM
How do I re-make (update) board URL? Emptying the smf_pretty_urls_cache table has no effect.
Quote from: Dannii on June 11, 2008, 08:01:54 AM
Upgrade to the latest snapshot which adds an admin page to change the URLs.

I was facing the same prob. Running maintenance tasks from the new Prettyurls at the Admin page didn't work, nor emptying pretty_urls_cache and pretty_topic_urls. But I finally figure it out. What I did was clearing the prettyurls data at smf_settings and then run the maintenance tasks again. Could someone please share what to do fix to this without clearing the db manually?

Second note, it would be great if it works for TinyPortal too ;D

Great work! Thanks a lot for making this mod!

Dannii

QuoteI was facing the same prob. Running maintenance tasks from the new Prettyurls at the Admin page didn't work, nor emptying pretty_urls_cache and pretty_topic_urls. But I finally figure it out. What I did was clearing the prettyurls data at smf_settings and then run the maintenance tasks again. Could someone please share what to do fix this without clearing the db manually?
As I said, the 0.9 snapshots have an admin interface.

QuoteSecond note, it would be great if it works for TinyPortal too ;D
Should be working in 0.9...

axlarry

Quote from: Dannii on June 23, 2008, 08:03:47 AM
As I said, the 0.9 snapshots have an admin interface.

I have tried that but it didn't work. Running maintenance tasks via admin interface won't update boards urls

QuoteShould be working in 0.9...

Did you mean TP 0.9...? I'm using SMF 1.1.5, TP 0.98 and Prettyurls 0.8.4.
All the urls under the boards and topics work just great except for TP (index.php?cat=xx and index.php?page=xx).

My forum is www.forumsains.com in case you want to take a look.
Thanks again
How do I do this?

Dannii

QuoteRunning maintenance tasks via admin interface won't update boards urls
You don't do it through maintenance. When you go to the manage boards page there's links for you to edit the board URLs.

QuoteDid you mean TP 0.9...? I'm using SMF 1.1.5, TP 0.98 and Prettyurls 0.8.4.
No, pretty URLs 0.9, the latest snapshot from the google code download page. You also need to upgrade to TP 1.0.5.

Advertisement: