News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDisturbedOne

Quote from: djkmmo on June 04, 2009, 06:32:00 PM
Quote from: TheDisturbedOne on June 04, 2009, 03:55:03 PM
Quote from: Dannii on June 03, 2009, 10:00:15 PM
Ok they do have those two features enabled.  Do I have to maunally edit htaccess, because just installing the MOD gives me all 404s.  And yes I tried the suggestion on the google tracker
If you're sure they do have those features, you could try adding RewriteBase / to the top of your .htaccess file.
One thing related to that, this mod totally purges the existing .htaccess file, so even if you add RewriteBase / it will disappear the next time you run the Pretty URL maintenance. Is it supposed to be that way? I would prefer if it would only update those parts relevant to Pretty URL. Now I have to log in to my host and update the .htaccess manually after I have run maintenance and add RewriteBase / manually.
Agreed :D
But I still love the MOD, great for SEO.

djkmmo

Quote from: TheDisturbedOne on June 04, 2009, 07:38:26 PM
Ok they do have those two features enabled.  Do I have to maunally edit htaccess, because just installing the MOD gives me all 404s.  And yes I tried the suggestion on the google tracker
If you're sure they do have those features, you could try adding RewriteBase / to the top of your .htaccess file.
One thing related to that, this mod totally purges the existing .htaccess file, so even if you add RewriteBase / it will disappear the next time you run the Pretty URL maintenance. Is it supposed to be that way? I would prefer if it would only update those parts relevant to Pretty URL. Now I have to log in to my host and update the .htaccess manually after I have run maintenance and add RewriteBase / manually.
Agreed :D
But I still love the MOD, great for SEO.

Just not to sound like a a total a nag, here is the Swedish translation of the mod ;). Now I've done something positive to :).

Modifications-swedish-utf8.php

//_ * Pretty URLs mod, Swedish translation djkmmo
$txt['pretty_admin_menu'] = 'Pretty URLs';

//_  * Board URLs interface
$txt['pretty_add_url'] = 'Lägg till';
$txt['pretty_add_url_description'] = 'Lägg till en URL. Notera att det du ger in här kommer att processas, då endast vissa tecken är tillåtna.';
$txt['pretty_board_url_title'] = 'Pretty URLs för: ';
$txt['pretty_deleted_board'] = 'Borttagen tavla #';
$txt['pretty_duplicate_link'] = 'radera den först.';
$txt['pretty_duplicate_warning'] = 'Den URL:en används redan till en annan tavla. Den blir tillgänglig om du ';
$txt['pretty_make_primary'] = 'Gör primär';
$txt['pretty_modify_board_url'] = 'Pretty URL';
$txt['pretty_no_primary_warning'] = 'Varning, ingen primär URL!';
$txt['pretty_numerical'] = 'Den URL:en är antingen ett nummer eller en forumshandling som måste läggas till som suffix.';
$txt['pretty_primary_url'] = 'Primär';

//_  * Settings descriptions
$txt['pretty_action_array'] = 'En tabell bestående av forumhandlingar, extraherade från index.php.';
$txt['pretty_board_lookup'] = 'En seriell tabell av <tt>URL => ID_BOARD</tt> par som används för att behandla <tt>$_GET[\'board\']</tt>. Det är möjligt att använda mer än en  URL för varje tavla.';
$txt['pretty_board_urls'] = 'En seriell tabell av <tt>ID_BOARD => URL</tt> par,  som används för att generera enklare URL-ersättningar.';
$txt['pretty_enable_filters'] = 'Bestämmer om några URL:er skall snyggas till. 0 för nej, 1 för ja.';
$txt['pretty_filters'] = 'En seriell tabell av filterdata.';
$txt['pretty_filter_callbacks'] = 'En seriell tabell av funktionsnamn, sorterade i prioritetsordning. Ändra inte dessa manuellt, ändra istället i <tt>pretty_filters</tt> inställningarna.';
$txt['pretty_root_url'] = 'Bas-URL:en som används för tavel- och ämnesfiltrering; som standard är det <tt>$boardurl</tt>.';

ForumIntegration

Hi, I embeded SMF into some existing site. Basically I am doing this:

site_header();

ob_start();
    include (SMF_DIR . "/index.php");
    $buffer = ob_get_contents();
    ob_end_clean();
    $forumContent = ob_urlFix($buffer);  //here I manipulate the page to make sure all pages have header and footer
    echo $forumContent;

site_footer();

Everything was working perfectly.

After install prettyurls, something is broken. Only the first page is still having the header and the footer and all the other pages are not.

I bet someone must have met this problem and have a pretty elegant solution. Could you please let me know where should I look at and what should i do?

Thanks!

zidlicky

I'm running SM v1.1.9 on Apache. How do you enable the filters in the the pretty url mod? The upload was successful through the package manager but I'm still outputting SM's default friendly URL's. Thanks.

zidlicky

Update: Everything is working fine! I realized their was a link under config for switching the mod on not too long after the original post. Works great. Thanks to Dannii for a great mod.

I'm curious as to why SM doesn't make real friendly URL's standard issue like in YaBB 2x+ for Apache? Mods are great, but I think most of the major BB players make this a  standard back end feature including VB. Just curious, not mad.  :)

cosp

after i upgraded to 1.1.9, the menu entry of "Pretty URLs" is gone in the admin section...

Dannii

I'm planning to change this in the future.

Quote from: djkmmo on June 04, 2009, 08:06:11 PM
Just not to sound like a a total a nag, here is the Swedish translation of the mod ;). Now I've done something positive to :).
Please translate this mod via Launchpad.

Quote from: ForumIntegration on June 04, 2009, 10:55:27 PM

site_header();

ob_start();
    ob_end_clean();
    $forumContent = ob_urlFix($buffer);  //here I manipulate the page to make sure all pages have header and footer
    echo $forumContent;

site_footer();

After install prettyurls, something is broken. Only the first page is still having the header and the footer and all the other pages are not.

I bet someone must have met this problem and have a pretty elegant solution. Could you please let me know where should I look at and what should i do?

Thanks!
Why aren't you using SSI.php? Anyways, you need to call obsess_rewrite().

Quote from: cosp on June 05, 2009, 03:10:05 AM
after i upgraded to 1.1.9, the menu entry of "Pretty URLs" is gone in the admin section...
If you did a full upgrade then you'll need to reinstall the mod. If you used the patch... well that's strange.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Danpotter

urgent help pls...

i installed pretty urls in my previous SMF forum..,now i started SMF in a new premium host and uploaded the backup file of previous SMF forum...,but when i installed pretty urls in new smf and when i click the boards..it is redirecting to previous smf forum ...so,pls help me....

shaitanfr

Quote from: Danpotter on June 05, 2009, 10:28:34 AM
urgent help pls...

i installed pretty urls in my previous SMF forum..,now i started SMF in a new premium host and uploaded the backup file of previous SMF forum...,but when i installed pretty urls in new smf and when i click the boards..it is redirecting to previous smf forum ...so,pls help me....

http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/wiki/TroubleShooting

ForumIntegration

Quote from: Dannii on June 05, 2009, 10:10:49 AM
Quote from: ForumIntegration on June 04, 2009, 10:55:27 PM

site_header();

ob_start();
    ob_end_clean();
    echo $forumContent;

site_footer();

Thanks!
Why aren't you using SSI.php? Anyways, you need to call obsess_rewrite().

Actually I implemented a bridge to integrate SMF into existing site(s).

Could you provide more details on how to use ob_sessrewrite() for fixing the problem? Just ob_start(ob_sessrewrite) ?

I have one SMF installed for more than one site. User can access SMF via multiple urls:
    www.sitea.com/fourms/forum.php
    www.siteb.com/forums/forum.php
They have different headers and footers.

Do you have suggestions on how to support this?

manixless

Quote from: manfred on June 03, 2009, 05:37:50 PM
hello again

i still have 9.0 version. When i try to unistall this packeage print the error at  ./Sources/QueryString.php
Can you give me the instructions to unistall it manually? The package parser can read the xml file of this mod.

thank
Well then just do the reverse of what the package parser says.

hello
the parser don't work fine for me for this mod cause there are errors in the xml file, for this reason i ask to you what are the manually modifications that i need to do.

Dannii

Quote from: ForumIntegration on June 05, 2009, 10:44:14 AM

Could you provide more details on how to use ob_sessrewrite() for fixing the problem? Just ob_start(ob_sessrewrite) ?

I have one SMF installed for more than one site. User can access SMF via multiple urls:

Yes, try ob_start('ob_sessrewrite');

This mod however won't be able to do what you want there. You'd have to pick one domain to use. Unless each site has it's own settings table?

Quote from: manfred on June 05, 2009, 12:21:30 PM
hello
the parser don't work fine for me for this mod cause there are errors in the xml file, for this reason i ask to you what are the manually modifications that i need to do.

What errors?
Also, you could just open up the xml file and do what it says. It pretty much explains itself...
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

ForumIntegration

Quote from: Dannii on June 06, 2009, 05:10:38 AM
Quote from: ForumIntegration on June 05, 2009, 10:44:14 AM

Yes, try ob_start('ob_sessrewrite');

This mod however won't be able to do what you want there. You'd have to pick one domain to use. Unless each site has it's own settings table?

I tried ob_sessrewrite, and it does not work. Only the first page has the header and footer. :(

Could you please provide a bit more details on where the prettified urls are processed? I love this MOD very much and I would like to see what I could do on top of the MOD.

Thanks a lot!

Dannii

What do you mean by "first page"??? Can you show me some real links to your site?

ForumIntegration

Quote from: Dannii on June 06, 2009, 08:26:39 AM
What do you mean by "first page"??? Can you show me some real links to your site?

Sorry, I do not have real links for my site.

The "first page" means the landing page of the the forum. Say:
   http://rocyut1l.b2b.regn.net/iGamingCMS1.5/smf.php

In this page, the header and footer are ok. But after I click the board links in this page, the prettified url leads the browser to the forum directory, therefore the header and footer gone. :(
i.e. when I click the "General Discussion" board link in the landing page, I will be lead to "http://rocyut1l.b2b.regn.net/forum/general-discussion/"

I hope I can do some modification so that when I click the "General Discussion" link, I will be lead to "http://rocyut1l.b2b.regn.net/iGamingCMS1.5/smf.php/general-discussion/", and the page still have the header and footer.

Hope I made it clear.

Dannii

None of those links are opening for me...

ForumIntegration

Quote from: Dannii on June 06, 2009, 11:37:18 AM
None of those links are opening for me...

No, they are all on my local machine. Not public.

TheDisturbedOne

Quote from: TheDisturbedOne on June 03, 2009, 03:44:40 PM
HOLY #$%^& it worked!  One more small thing.  I ran Pretty URLs about a year ago on a different server, different URL.  Some of the links are sending me to that old URL.  How do I change it?  The forum's URL is correct, but there is probably a line in the database (which I can't find) that controls it.  And yes I have run Pretty URL server maintenance.

And one more thing.  How do I make my htaccess so that I can have the MOD and redirects going simultaneously?

fx991

I found error 500 after installing ... Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered
what to do
which .htaccess has to edit and code

aishaweb

Quote from: Dannii on January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM
Pretty URLs is a URL management package for Simple Machine Forums (SMF).

It is simple, powerful, extensible and free. Most of all, it is pretty! Its main purpose is to rewrite the important SMF URLs, like these:

• [url][url]http://domain.com/board/topic/[/url][/url]
  • [url][url]http://domain.com/profile/user/[/url][/url]
  • [url][url]http://domain.com/unreadreplies/[/url][/url]
Pretty URLs will work with SMF 1.1 and 2.0. It requires an Apache webserver with support for mod_rewrite and .htaccess files. 

SMF Mod Site page
Home page: http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/
Source code: http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/source/browse/trunk
Downloads: http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/downloads/list

To install:

• First check your server supports .htaccess per-directory config files and mod_rewrite
  • UTF-8 is recommended, though not required. Certain functions will work unreliably with other encodings
  • Download and install the base package from the mod site.
  • Enable the filters in the new Pretty URLs page
Please note that this mod is still in beta testing (by you!), so there could be problems.

If you get into trouble, check the trouble shooting page first!

If you want help, please post real links to your website that I can access. Thank you!

Advertisement: