News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

FAQ Tag

Started by Thantos, December 21, 2005, 06:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndel

I asked help at Bloc's board and they considered irrelevant... and here nobody seems to care for the request anyways...

Rasyr

Syndel, I will see what I can come up with. However, be warned that I have never done anything like this before...

The most that I figure that I will be able to do is to create a VERY simple category system (I think that I can update it to work with RC3 - TP isn't an issue here as it makes no changes that would interfere with, or be interfered with by TinyPortal).

In short, you would end up with an extra field to fill in, in the FAQ Admin page. I would then be trying to sort them by that Category field. This is a first attempt for something like this, so wish me luck...

Syndel

*crosses all fingers!!!*
Rooting very much for you!

Rasyr

Quote from: Syndel on November 18, 2006, 12:40:19 AM
*crosses all fingers!!!*
Rooting very much for you!

Well, I have heard back from Thantos, and he has given permission for me to share the tweakings that I have done to his mod.

Before I give you the link to download it though, I have to give a warning.

In my testing, the files FAQ.php and FAQ.Template.php did not install properly (am not sure why, and have not tried to figure out why just yet). They installed as zero byte files. If it does the same for you, just pull the files out of the zip file, and upload them (via FTP) into the Sources and your default Theme directories respectively. (not sure if it will install if you are using a theme other than the Default theme - this IS my first attempt at this....). I don't think it installs into any theme other than the default being used.

I have also changed things so that the suggested CSS tags are installed to the bottom of the style.css file.

To download, just go to http://www.wizlair.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item31 and you can grab it from there.

Meanwhile, I am also working on a version with 2 levels of categories. Just need to figure out how to make it display like I want it to on the FAQ page. sigh... <sarcasm>Loops are SOOOO much fun </sarcasm>

Rasyr

FAQ Mod version 0.3 is done.

This version of the Mod has 2 levels of categories, to give you greater control in sorting your FAQ items. You can see a screenshot of the results here:
http://www.wizlair.net/index.php/topic,3.msg5.html#msg5

Unfortunately, I have the same problem with this version as the version 0.2. It is still loading FAQ.php and FAQ.template.php as zero byte files, so you will need to upload them separately to your server after the install is complete.

You can download the file from the following link:
http://www.wizlair.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item32

Syndel

Installign right now... will give you feedback in a moment!

Syndel

OK, indeed the files needed be FTPed... but it works like a charm!!! Thank you, my life saver *smooooochies!!!*

Syndel

*bounces*  Make it work for 1.1.? *L* I tried and could not get it! I want it baaaack!

Rasyr

you will have to wait for the original author to make it work for 1.1 Final

(I am still using 1.1 RC 3 at the moment)

tsmalmbe

Isn't there any style information when I use the tag faq=16 in a post? I mean, I would like to format that, so it is recognizable as a faq-entry.
..:: http://www.kontrollrummet.com - Studio och musik ::.. RSS?

Thantos

I am no longer able to keep my mods up to date since I'd rather spend the time I have on developing SMF.  As such the following mods are up for the taking.  I give my permission to update and/or modify and restribute under your name this mod.  All I request is that you let the Customization Team know if / when you post a new version of the mod so that they can remove my version.  thanks.

dzembak

what about non-latin characters at faq titles?

miseryshining

Currently upgrading this mod to 1.1.4

attached package should work, but doesn't contain Rasyr changes yet.

note: i disabled the removal of the FAQ table, since it might remove faq entries unintentionally when uninstalling the mod.

miseryshining

Here is the version with Rasyr's changes for 1.1.4.

xXxMetaSoulxXx

Quote from: miseryshining on October 16, 2007, 06:52:53 AM
Here is the version with Rasyr's changes for 1.1.4.
I downloaded this version, but there's a blank space where it should say manage FAQ on the Admin Panel. I can't edit it.

*EDIT*
Update:
I have added the following tags to the very end of the style.css file.
faqlist_item
faq_item
faq_header
faq_body
faq_cat1
faq_cat2

I don't have then there. I'm using 1.1.4

Davy-D

@MetaSoul: do you use any other theme than default or another language than English?

If so, you need to make sure that your Modifications.yourlanguage.php contains the entry $txt['manage_faq'] = "manage my FAQ NOW"

Davy-D

Hi Thantos,

just to let you know I was able to install your mod on 1.1.4.
There is a bug which was mentioned earlier in one of the posts of this threads which causes this "unidentified index 'sa' in line 12".

Maybe it would be a good idea to update the mod on the Customize SMF page ...

Thx
Davy

jossanaijr

jossanaijr

Installed but cannot find how to use it.  No "Manage FAQ" in my Admin Panel (?) neither button...

Bluey

Quote from: jossanaijr on November 18, 2007, 09:45:25 PM
Installed but cannot find how to use it.  No "Manage FAQ" in my Admin Panel (?) neither button...

I have the same problem.  Was this ever answered?

Advertisement: